edited December 2016 in Westworld
here we go..

Directed by: Jonathan Nolan

Written by:   Lisa Joy & Jonathan Nolan 

Should be a doozy
Bhorten1

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Roll call: Whatchyoo drinkin on Westworld finale?

Over here: Ten FIDY, and Stone's Delicious IPA.

Vasilnate1voodoorat
  • Goose Island IPA - cant get a hang over from this stuff if I try!...and I've tried ;-)
    cdrive
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    What an open.
    cbspock
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    This is really good so far 
    Nice little "I am your father" type moment between MIB and Dolores :p 

• Didn't see that "face" turn from Ford coming. 
    I really want to see season 2 like right now. That was one great finale 

phoenyx1023KingKobra
  • I was hoping to see Peter Abernathy blow up on the train
    tpelzyMurderbearmanhattnikChiefPizza
    So the host he was building was himself to substitute for him at the party 

Area51bobElisaVasilnate1gjulleenDoctor_NickMurderbearlevijSOOMOOmanhattnikJTKIIIand 1 other.
  • Mib looked really happy to be in real mortal danger.
    cbspockKingKobraghm3weeniegirlwampaku
  • Ed Harris' smile at getting shot was wonderful.
    MrBlackcbspockKingKobraThe HandTravismanhattnikken haleChiefPizzaMelonusk
  • cbspock said:

So the host he was building was himself to substitute for him at the party 

If that's true I'm burning HBO to the ground.
    ElisaBhorten1wampaku
  • Wowowow incredible episode
    I was totally riveted for all 90 minutes. The scenes between MIB and Dolores were heartbreaking. 
    JTKIIIElisaTravis
  • edited December 2016
    Wow, Westworld season 1 was a pure masterpiece.

I love how they got the predicted things out of the way early (Will = MIB, Dolores = Wyatt) so that they could cover new territory with the rest of the finale. I also enjoyed how it mirrored episode one, where MIB gave Teddy the "you're designed to lose" speech, and in the finale Teddy saves Dolores from MIB.

Also, Armistice's laugh when she discovered the power of submachine guns was awesome! And her and Hector killing everyone with their one-handed, robotic precision was incredible!!

Also, Samurai (or Shinto?) World?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAAAT?!

Ford & Arnold's dynamic was also resolved nicely. I was almost tearing up at Arnold's death scene, and Ford's evolution from disagreeing with Arnold to eventually seeing Arnold's point of view was a nice full-circle moment. Then he had the hosts kill all those bourgeois bastards!!!

Can't wait for season 2.

phoenyx1023ElisaBhorten1TravisMelonusk
  • As we have seen in this show before, we all knew about much of what would happen, but they executed it so well that personally I didn't care. Finding out that Ford was playin two sides at all times was a nice little twist (IMO). That he was not only playing puppeteer but trying to free them as well.

Thandie as Maeve killed it once again. It's the little ticks or eye movements that have made her character near perfect.

Hector and Armistice running havoc was GREAT!!!!

And a last Samurai World!!!!!!!!!! So it seems they have multiple active worlds wherever they are.
    phoenyx1023TheJudoCrabElisaTravismanhattnikMelonusk
  • Oh I am getting popcorn for Lume and his cronies that didn't like it ;) :p
  • So Ford is really into the "tough love" style of parenting (or robot creating as it were).  
    edited December 2016
    So, is Felix a host?

I loved the scene when Dolores finally realized it was her own voice she was hearing. The acting in this show is top notch
    ElisaTravismanhattnik
  • cbspock said:

So, is Felix a host?

I loved the scene when Dolores finally realized it was her own voice she was hearing. The acting in this show is top notch

Maeve says no, but Im still thinking Felix is a host.  Unless, he becomes our human connection next season...Maeve will save his life from the rest of the Host uprising, and he will be some sort of go between.
    wampaku
  • Outstanding finale.  My only disappointment was not finding out that Elsie, my favorite character, was, somehow, alive.  I continue to hold on to some hope, however unlikely, that we will see her again.

I love season 1, but am so curious to find out what season 2 will take us.
    BourbonQueen
  • Only a few disappointments..
    -No Elsie confirmation either way 
    -No more info on Stubbs
    -And how does a "real" bullet not completely destroy Bernards head, or at least go through and through.
    So I guess when the power dropped, Abernathy didn't get out of the park with the data
    Vasilnate1wampakuMelonusk
  • LAStark9LAStark9 Baltimore
    edited December 2016
    I'm not sure whats there to make anyone still think Felix is a host. Am I missing something? I think especially when Maeve said he's bad at being a human but meant that as a compliment, I took that to mean that he's kind and from her experience in the real world, that's not a human trait.

Also - am I the only one disappointed to see Samurai/Shinto/S whatever world? I just felt like it cheapens Westworld. It's supposed to be this one special place. Is there a Delos Worlds punch card and when you get all 5, you get a free Delos travel mug or something? And the idea that they're all connected? Come on. Maybe I'll be wrong and the other worlds will be amazing and it's just about how they end up introducing them next season. I hope so.
  • I Hope they kill off Simon(Steven Ogg) from The Walking Dead, Because I would like to see more Rebus(Milk Bandit) in season 2 of Westworld.  When he gives that rye smile at the end, when Delores shoots Ford its eerily fantastic.
    TravismanhattnikwampakuMelonusk
  • cbspock said:

So I guess when the power dropped, Abernathy didn't get out of the park with the data

yeah thats what I was thinking, I wish we got at least a visual of him on the train though

cbspock said:

So, is Felix a host?

Maeve says no, but Im still thinking Felix is a host.  Unless, he becomes our human connection next season...Maeve will save his life from the rest of the Host uprising, and he will be some sort of go between.

I was t sure at first how to take her comment. Interesting how her escape was part of her narrative

ElisaTravis
  • LAStark9 said:

I'm not sure whats there to make anyone still think Felix is a host. Am I missing something? I think especially when Maeve said he's bad at being a human but meant that as a compliment, I took that to mean that he's kind and from her experience in the real world, that's not a human trait.

Also - am I the only one disappointed to see Samurai/Shinto/S whatever world? I just felt like it cheapens Westworld. It's supposed to be this one special place. Is there a Delos Worlds punch card and when you get all 5, you get a free Delos travel mug or something? And the idea that they're all connected? Come on. Maybe I'll be wrong and the other worlds will be amazing and it's just about how they end up introducing them next season. I hope so.

Its an homage(easter egg) to the original movie, where it it stated that there are different Parks.  Also when you read the note Felix gave Maeve about her "daughters" location, it says "Park 1" like there are more than one.  why would label it 1 if there wasn't at least a 2
    KingKobraElisaBourbonQueenwampaku
    Just finished. So much UNGHHH!!!!
    Steven_S
    Samurai homage to Futureworld!!!
    Vasilnate1cbspockDoctor_NickSteven_S