Now it's certain: The 'Game of Thrones' show will reach the ending before the books

http://mashable.com/2015/01/30/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin/

Hey guys I ran across this link on reddit this morning. Just what we feared. :( My fear is I'm afraid that more time will not equal a better book, as his publisher is claiming. Someone in the article posted a very good point:

"His first 3 novels in ASOFI were written, published and released in 2 year intervals. These were well written with excellent plotline and fleshed out characters. Then came the HBO series GOT. Then the next 2 books in the series took 5 years for book 4 and 6 years for book 5. These 2 novels were not nearly written as well as his first 3 in the series."

Methinks the pressure GRRM is under is giving him writers block, or at least hindering his creativity and writing ability a great deal. What do you all think?

Comments

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    This isnt exactly news. There was never a chance that GRRM was going to put out TWOW and ADOS in 2 1/2 years. There's really no way to know if GRRM has writers block, I doubt it though. The books have become more and more complicated and intricate as they've gone on. And he says that TWOW is supposed to be at least 1500 pages which would make it 400 pages longer than any of the other ASOIAF books. So, I'm fine with waiting as long as it takes for him to finish the story that he's writing because I'm 100% sold that the TV show and the Book Series are diverging from each other judging by the cut characters and major plot changes. So theres no way the show and the book can finish each of their runs telling the same story.