Maeve's Decision

Is Maeve finally breaking out of her story?

Bernard tells her that she's been following another narrative the whole time. On the tablet there's a paragraph titled "Mainland Infiltration". So Ford, or whoever it may be, wanted her out of the park. Is choosing to look for her daughter the first real decision she's made, or is she still stuck on the path that's been laid out for her? If i had to guess I'd say that was the moment Maeve truly woke up. 
tom_g

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I think you're right because how could Ford guess that Felix would give her the tempting info about her daughter or that she'd sit across from a mother and child to really drive it home.

Also, did the lights go out because they always do and it's just a power saving measure because there was time in between trains? Or was it because of the security lock down? Seems like she's going to have a tough fight back inside.
    tom_gSeslorMelonusk
  • I thought the lights going out was related to the security problem.
    KingKobra
  • @tom_g same here. I bet no more trains are heading out. That was her only/last chance to get out
  • the way the hosts all stopped in a orderly pattern on the floor, it looked like a scheduled shut down. but i wonder why those hosts don't get to wander about and practice.
  • Area51bob said:

the way the hosts all stopped in a orderly pattern on the floor, it looked like a scheduled shut down. but i wonder why those hosts don't get to wander about and practice.

Because those hosts aren't meant to be part of any story. Their only purpose is to transition guests to the park - they have a fixed set of objectives and don't need any room for improvisation.

Also, since they are in the main facility, it would be unwise to let them wander around. They don't have anywhere to go (no homes of their own) and would likely stumble upon the labs, causing so many host existential crises.
    KingKobra
  • Maybe I should watch the episode agaain but are we sure that Ford controlled Maeve's narrative?  Would not Maeve getting out of the park be exactly what Delos wants?  An actual bot with code outside of the park to look at and decode.  I don't know who else could fuck with her narrative outside of Bernard or Ford but Maeve outside the park seems more advantageous to Delos & the Board.
  • If we found out is was Charlotte all along that would be a really cool plot twist. Maybe she gave Abernathy to Sizemore as a backup just in case Maeve got cold feet. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.