Possibly HUGE Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale Spoilers. If You're a book fan you're probably okay.

broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
edited February 2015 in Game of Thrones
You're deeeeeep in the spoiler woods now. But really GTFO if you don't wanna know some huge casting news.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866862/

Comments

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    IMDB isnt always gospel but I'm hyped anyway.
  • I was actually quite pissed at the end of "The Children" last season because I just KNEW LS was gonna show. When the credits rolled I was crushed. Nothing post-credits like Marvel either...BOO!
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I hope it's true - Welcome back LS. B)
  • KenzieKenzie Sanger, Tx
    edited February 2015
    Lol I was pretty upset that LS wasn't in 'The Children' too. I was so sure there was no way a character who would be that shocking to non-book fans would be cut. As the credits were rolling I was holding out hope that there would be some weird after-credit scene but nope. And then the actress went out and said that she had been cut because not everything in the books could make it onto the scene. Only thing that gave me hope was some article posted that 'proved' that LS could still show and it had mostly to do with how dodgy D&D were about answering questions about her.

Fingers crossed IMDB is telling the truth.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, I'm intrigued with that they do with Jamie and Brienne this season. I know Jamie is largely going to be down in Dorne doing some weird combination of Oakheart and Swann stuff, I have no idea what Brienne will be doing, and then LS at the end? Sounds crazy...
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just read Huff Po - IDMB was hacked :( bummer
    well shit, @Elisa you got a link?
    im bummed now
    Well, hack or no, I've always thought that LS would make it into the series. Unless both Brienne's and LS's storyline is irrelevant to the books, which I guess is possible, I don't see how they can just cut her out. I suppose they could just have beric dondarrion do everything, but it's not exactly a violation of economy of character if you bring LS into things.

The only thing I can think of is they want the (presumed) resolution to Jon's cliffhanger to be more of a surprise, so they are wanting to minimize how many resurrections they do prior.
    ARon, I've seen some speculation on reddit that Sansa could be sliding into the LSH spot judging from Littlefingers "Avenge them" from the trailer. And I wouldn't be opposed to that. Beric Dondarrion by himself is pretty gimmicky IMO. Stoneheart being introduced was so badass and the potential of the Brotherhood and Grand Northern Conspiracy is one the things I'm looking forward to the most in the books. But Sansa taking playing that part in the show would definitely be cool but I'm not sure how they would go about it exactly
    Ooh, that's pretty strong. I would think GRRM has other plans for Sansa, but yeah I could totally get down on that.
  • I'm still bummed show viewers may not get to experience such a shocking moment. It would be a "break the Internet" moment, just like the Red Wedding.

Perhaps they've been doing all this diverting to drop a bomb on everyone, which could lead some credence to someone at HBO leaking the early episodes. They're saving the big stuff for last, like LS. And Jon, which will also be a huge moment.
  • I read that Brienne will be taking Sandor's place in the Clegane bowl.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I heard Darth Sansa was going to be Jayne Poole/Manderly/Lady Dustin combined.