Reaction to the podcast ending.....

I for one will miss this podcast. It has been one of the main reasons why I even watch this mediocre show anymore. How will I ever see the boy's talk about their reactions to the reveal that Alfred is in fact the Wayne's killer and the introduction to the court of owls? But I digress...I want to hear your thoughts on the cast ending below.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Since no one is commenting I'll post a few thoughts and feelings about the podcast calling it quits. First I'd like to say I felt the podcast was going to end sooner than later once Jessie left. It was weird that for weeks they were asking us to donate to his kickstarter on the podcast and once I guess he reached his goal *POOF* he wasn't on the cast anymore. Kinda like 'let me get some money out of these people before I split' well that's how I felt about the situation anyways. Secondly I'd like to say Eric and Levi brought there A game every week and made the best out of the situation. They provided a decent conversation about a mediocre show and I appreciate them for that. Made the show worth watching honesty...I wanted to hear them go on a diatribe about a painting or song they heard on the show for 30+ min every week and shake my head at them as I listened. I hope they come back with something else soon!
  • It is a strange situation when you only watch a show because you enjoy the podcast. I don't know much about Batman lore and the cast added much needed depth for me. High praise for the podcast, very poor praise for the show! I hope Eric returns because he has real talent for podcasting. I'm still mourning the end of PA.
  • BransformerBransformer North Carolina
    What?! Why? I love this cast? I'll replace who's leaving.
    Is there going to be a cast for the Dr. Crane episode? This is the BEST podcast for Gotham I've heard. I've been listening to Bald Move for years now. This has been A-1 casting.
  • Aw its ending? That blows. Great Podcast
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I am going to really miss this cast. The insight into the Batman lore which I have been away from for a long time was spot on. The intelligent analysis and critique was refreshing. That said I totally understand limited time. Thanks for everything and hope to see you guys poscasting again.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Weren't you just saying that there were too many podcasts? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

On a serious tip, I think the Jesse thing was more cause and effect than a scheme. Although I can't fault people for thinking that, I was kind of surprised there wasn't more of that sort of reaction.

It sucks that they're stopping Gotham, but even Jim and I have had to take breaks when our schedules / popularity of a podcast demanded it. Justified was the classic example of a show that I loved but just didn't get the traffic that "justified" continuing to do it while I was working a full time job. So many times have I wished this podcasting deal was a thing 15 years ago, when I didn't have a family or too many adult obligations.
  • Yeah, I saw this over on Facebook. It's a real bummer. They are actually the main reason that I came back and gave Gotham another try. I had quit the show, but when I gave them a listen because I was looking for something to listen to one day I enjoyed their cast enough to decide to give the show another go, and I'm really glad that I did. I like it.

I totally agree with everyone about appreciating their providing insight into the Batman universe as I never really read the comics and getting that extra layer helped me appreciate aspects of the show a lot. They're also just very fun to listen to. I totally get that a good podcast is really hard work and if the traffic makes it hard to provide the motivation to take the time, but it is a bummer. I really appreciate what they gave us and the work they put in. Thanks and great job and best of luck going forward doing whatever they do.
  • Baw this sucks. I'm liking how this show is improving but I may very well have written it off w/o this podcast to look forward to a day or two after each episode.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I imagine I'll be taking a break from this show now/soon.
  • Cory said:

I imagine I'll be taking a break from this show now/soon.

I dont even wanna watch it w.out these guys
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    This past episode was epic - The Scarecrow - 3-4 awesome stories.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2015
    I have the new one on DVR. Can't wait to get to it.

I'll admit that it's not as fun without the podcast to look forward to, but I still like the show. I think they're finding their way. I do kind of wish they would clear the decks a little bit on the mob side of the story, and I really think it is something they could/need to do a much better job with. You can only have something "just about to happen" without any pay-off so many times before it gets really frustrating, but hopefully something will happen to somebody soon. They really need to prove some level of jeopardy. You've got these four supposedly really dangerous people all intertwined, but the show won't commit to making anything happen. Like I said, they just need to clear the decks a bit.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying it. I like Gordon and Bullock and Nygma. I like the colorful villains. Bruce and Alfred and Cat and all the rest are good. It's true that the podcast really enhanced the overall Gotham experience though. They did a really good job.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Right now I am listening to AfterBuzz' Gotham. Definitely not the same but decent.
  • I'll have to give it a look. I tried listening to their Walking Dead at one point just to check them out and I could only get through about 15 minutes before stopping. I was getting a headache from all of the "bells and whistles" and I just wrote off their whole network from that. I'll give their Gotham a try though. Maybe that one is better.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    They are all different. My favorite part is their predictions at the end. Yes they are a bit high gloss lol.
  • Well that is a disappointment as I enjoyed the podcast. Just when the Joker is being introduced! It would have been interesting to hear the podcast now. Just like @Elisa I listen to AfterBuzz but they are not at the level of Bald Move content.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Also there are two cool sites for Gotham coverage: www.gothamsite.com and www.comicbook.com
  • I'll be honest I think I'm done with this show. The podcast was literally the only thing keeping me watching the show.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Bummer this past episode was epic and one of their best. Hoping that they are hitting their stride now. Next week The Flying Graysons aka Robin's future parents.
  • Damn it! Only just got caught up on the show because of your podcast. The show is OK, but your podcast is better. 
    Is there any chance you'll change your mind and come back?
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    I agree. I really wish they were still doing the Gotham podcast. I've grown to really love this show.
  • 21 minutes into tonights episode and its going great. I would have loved to hear the podcast on this episode.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loved this episode, lots of shocking surprises and twists and turns.
  • Haven't watched the show much since the podcast ended. The podcast is what kept me watching.
  • gotta say loved it for the "joker" if it is really him
    Travis
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    Loved this podcast as well, but that's life, we accept what we cannot change and move on. RIP in peace Gotham Blotter...
    Travis
    Are they ever on the forums?
  • ZesderZesder Tasmania
    What happened to the podcast?
    Australia decided to have a massive break from Gotham and I've only just got to the episode where there is no podcast. I miss it. And there was no warning that they were finishing.