708 - "Hearts Still Beating"

Director: Michael E. Satrazemis
Writer: Matthew Negrete & Channing Powell

Comments

• Director - 'b' camera operator from Anchorman 2.

We're in good hands.
    cdrivedavemcbcalebthrowerMurderbearvoodoorat
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to have to check myself into an asylum because I'm more than optimistic they will deliver a good mid season finale. 

I will regret this post in T - 60 minutes
  • I hope there is a signal on return to Alexandra that the saviours are there so they know to hide some of the loot, also if we don't find out who was on the shore it could be the end. The show runners, writers etc surely cant go for another cliff hanger here but close an arc with the obvious start of another
    TaraC73Tarzana890
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Thats 2 people now in zombie apocalypse who eat raw cucumbers like a carrot.
  • JbrettDJbrettD Nashville, TN
    Ok... ONNIT is the f'n best.  IS THIS NOT THE BEST SCENARIO TO SWIPE NEGAN'S NECK??!!! FUCK!!!
  • Real_NeoReal_Neo North Carolina
    Yeah so identifying a bullet as a reload by the "crimp" is total bull. Fact is you cant
    tell a bullet was ever crimped after it's fired. 
    Vasilnate1
  • Oooook, so not only did Negan just kill 2 people, steal Eugene, his guys beat up Aaron and now he is taking all the supplies Rick found and saying it's not enough. This is really dumb cause he is backing them into a corner where they will have to fight back, it makes no logical sense to push them this far.
    JbrettDJTKIII
    MOTHER DICK!!! It could have been perfect but NO..... AMC sucks again...
    i know that now. they hate us cuz they ain't us
  • Would it have been too obvious if they had dressed Olivia as a 'red shirt'?  She's been dead man walkin for the past two episodes.
    TaraC73manhattnikTarzana890
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    This was probably a good episode, but this season has been such a let down that I think I am hyper-critical of it.  Everything seemed forced instead of developed.  I miss Westworld already.
    JbrettDKingKobraTarzana890
    Nice glasses chris... asshole
    MurderbearTaraC73manhattnik
  • Real_NeoReal_Neo North Carolina
    Well this episode had the structure they lacked all season, and I think now that was all due to them
    saving money instead of having a dynamic show. 
    Tarzana890
  • RonkRonk Charleston,SC
    JIM so wants to dump this show
    JbrettD
    Ronk said:

JIM so wants to dump this show

I am with.. just spend the effort for the podcast.
    Thomas said:

This was probably a good episode, but this season has been such a let down that I think I am hyper-critical of it.  Everything seemed forced instead of developed.  I miss Westworld already.

THIS is not what it seems...
    cbspock
  • Not a horrible mid season finale, but for me was just meh. They could have cut a lot of the one on one talk, etc out and still been ok. The beginning of the episode just fell flat for me, as everything started to come together it stated to improve. While I "knew" that the 3 communities had to join forces, we all know they lack weapons which leaves Oceanside with their stash.
    Tarzana890
  • I'm going to say I have some regret at my optimism up front. The ending of turn to someone smile nod show affecting seems surprising upbeat for people that are about to murder a lot of people. The writers have used the cliffhanger over and over went back to the other troupe for this show, Rick has a change of heart.

There are a few things that I think worked well including the end of Spencer I might have my own fiesta, Maggie is now leader maggie and I really like that, someone finally tried to kill Negan (even if it backfired) and don't have to listen to any more Negan fat jokes. 

I hate the fact we don't know whose foot was on the shore like really hate that (unless i missed something) and the ending being very very cheesy. 

I will be back for the end of the half season and I hope BM will be casting on it
    Tarzana890
    I know I'm going hard on this; but fucking damnit!! It was a perfect time to cliffhang (Obviously do not relate to its fans). RICK was right there! I was thinking... Spencer, Olivia are gone. RICK PLEASE SWIPE THE NECK! I honestly thought AMC had it up their sleeve to move it along... OOPS!
    JbrettD said:

I know I'm going hard on this; but fucking damnit!! It was a perfect time to cliffhang (Obviously AMC does not relate to its fans). RICK was right there! I was thinking... Spencer, Olivia are gone. RICK PLEASE SWIPE THE NECK! I honestly thought AMC had it up their sleeve to move it along... OOPS!

I understand the platoon wasn't armed but, isn't the story about Carl? F!!!
  • Everything else aside, we can argue about how the episode was later:

I laughed out loud over the 'guts' comment.

"I have never been so embarrassed!"
    /giggle

Also, when he said he fed Carl spaghetti I laughed too.  He actually sounded so bitchily put out... like he was so excited to share a nice meal with Rick and Rick went out with the guys instead.
    voodoorat
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    What was at the very end? My DVR cut off. I only got about two seconds of someone watching Alexandria. Did we get to see who it was?
    Someone needs to do a gif looping all the eye contact at the end.
    Murderbearxulsolar22manhattnik
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH

What was at the very end? My DVR cut off. I only got about two seconds of someone watching Alexandria. Did we get to see who it was?

Nope. Judging by the boots my guess is Dwight.
    Murderbear
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    The pacing seemed off on this episode, it was also obvious Spencer was going to die. Maybe if they told us the Saviors were low on ammo, the whole bullet thing would have meant more, I so miss Westworld. That show pretty much runs like a well run engine, walking dead needs a tune up
  • What was at the very end? My DVR cut off. I only got about two seconds of someone watching Alexandria. Did we get to see who it was?

Hooded person from boat, watching Gabriel. Close in on boots, person walks away, the end.
    Murderbear
    I like how Jim and A.Ron simultaneously caught and lamented how Negan scratched. That was some Mystery Science Theatre 3000-esque live watchin' banter right there. Good shit.
  • cdrive said:

Thats 2 people now in zombie apocalypse who eat raw cucumbers like a carrot.

and its still shiny from the paraffin wax, that was put on by the farm that grew them.  Good to see they still have modern farm practices in the post apocalypse. 
    cdriveMurderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    From the Rogan Board:
    Was the last 4 minutes of this episode REALLY just people standing around smiling at each other? Really?
    They spent four minutes cutting between characters smiling at one another.
    Vasilnate1Murderbeartom_gmanhattnik