- and you cover it

- and you finish with a ‘wrap-up podcast’

- and you get the inevitable ‘how does this rank’ question

- and you say you really liked season 1 of ‘The Leftovers’

- and Jim says some variation of – he didn’t

Please punch Jim – just once – just in the arm

ChiefPizzaMelonuskiMatty94A_Ron_Hubbard

Comments

• Season 1 of the Leftovers doesn't really look like anything to Jim.
    A_Ron_HubbardDummytom_gDoctor_Nicktpelzy
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    Kudos to @Jim ; for "Word Of The Year" - Jackitorium

Also, I hope @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard remember that they said they were willing to provide free sexbots for their employees.  A Westworld quality sexbot may not be available, there are current technology versions of this.  So, when you bring on that intern, don't forget about the fringe benefits.
  • Season 1 of the leftovers is good, just not great.  Season 2 is where it's at.
    voodooratngwils02
  • They burned down a cul-de-sac,

and,

Carrie Coon.

Check and mate.
    Dummy
  • btw - loved the show - great recap, lots to think about.
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    Re: "Did the horse explode, with naked Logan on it?" (1:23:30 on the cast)
    Fun discussion, but wouldn't the horse's good samaritan reflex prevent this? 

• MrSinysterMrSinyster Raleigh, NC
    edited December 2016
    a bit off topic but I believe @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard got a quasi shout out on the most recent episode of comedian Bert Kreischer's Bertcast. He get's the name wrong but I believe he is talking about Baldmove. I tweeted at him and linked him to Baldmove. If you want to take a listen it's episode 211 at about the 19:45 min mark http://bertcast.com/
    A_Ron_Hubbardtom_g
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I think it's really funny when people talk about there being zero chance of HBO being able to bring back Anthony Hopkins. Oh, you mean one of the stars of Transformers 5 Anthony Hopkins? Please.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I more worry about them getting such a large cast back when they are pacing themselves 2 years between seasons. Its going to get expensive de-aging Jeffrey Wright over the next 8 years it will take to do 5 seasons. 
    Murderbear
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Maybe they'll just never make another season and hope we all forget about it.

That would be really sad (though your mileage may vary depending on how you felt about the first season). However, if that was all we got, I think I'd be pretty satisfied. You could very easily figure that things go downhill from there for Westworld after the massacre that ends the season and figure out how things end for yourself. 
  • I more worry about them getting such a large cast back when they are pacing themselves 2 years between seasons. Its going to get expensive de-aging Jeffrey Wright over the next 8 years it will take to do 5 seasons. 

Remember the only reason we have a delay is because they didn't know a renewal was coming. They hadn't really started any work on S2 when S1 ended. If the show does as well next year, the renewal will most likely come earlier and work will get started earlier.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KingKobra said:

I more worry about them getting such a large cast back when they are pacing themselves 2 years between seasons. Its going to get expensive de-aging Jeffrey Wright over the next 8 years it will take to do 5 seasons. 

Remember the only reason we have a delay is because they didn't know a renewal was coming. They hadn't really started any work on S2 when S1 ended. If the show does as well next year, the renewal will most likely come earlier and work will get started earlier.
    That makes sense. I was wondering about that part of things. I know there was extensive reworking of this season. I didn't know if that was just because of how dense the plot was and trying to make it accessible for folks or what the deal was. Thats great to hear though. I take back my snarky comment.