Possible cloning (not a spoiler but might contain spoilers)

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
So- I was thinking this morning, has the idea of cloning ever come up in any of these online conversations about Westworld? (I only read this board and some online articles- I rarely look at Reddit or any forum where these are discussed).

The reason I ask is people have made a lot of comparisons to how Hector looks a lot like Logan, and the terms and conditions of the park mentioning that they own any DNA that you leave behind. I know the show has shown them building new bots, or rebuilding bots like Maeve based on previous designs, but they never really have gotten into the "soft works" or what have you of how they build the more humanish elements of the bots (skin, hair, blood etc). 

If it hasn't been mentioned, do you think it's a possibility?

Comments

• It has come up more than a few times ;) they have not shown anything however to show that actual clones exist. The Hector=Logan thing is just really (at least for me) a big "wink" since there has been no proof of it yet. You could go on to say that Arnold's recreation of Fords family (and even a younger him) was sort of a "start" to this, but we haven't seen really behind the scenes as far as the "how" goes. We know that the faces are sculpted, but don't know the original models. We know they are biomechanical, but don't know just how advanced the hosts minds are or are created.

Is it a possibility? Sure, almsot anything is "possible", I just not sure they will add cloning to the story they are telling.
    akritenbrink
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Yeah I'm not either, just wondering if it has come up.

About Hector- A Brazilian co-worker of mine was saying that actor is a huge heartthrob in Brazil. We chat about TV at work and she was watching with curiosity to see how big of a role he was given here. That's not related to this "cloning" topic, but that's how I kept reminding myself he was a different actor than Logan haha.
  • The show may not have said anything about clones but the website says something about DNA left behind is property of Delos Corp. So that implies cloning.
  • The show may not have said anything about clones but the website says something about DNA left behind is property of Delos Corp. So that implies cloning.

It only implies cloning, because someone said "cloning". It really doesn't however (playing devils advocate).
    KingKobra said:

The show may not have said anything about clones but the website says something about DNA left behind is property of Delos Corp. So that implies cloning.

It only implies cloning, because someone said "cloning". It really doesn't however (playing devils advocate).
    Yeah, that was what I was wondering about too. And people have implied cloning because Hector looks so much like Logan, but I don't think the show ever really implied that.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out some of the soft works of these bots have been created through some version of cloning. Even if they didn't clone whole people into other whole people- Maybe they figured out a way to clone skin to make skin, or clone organs to make other organs. I vaguely think I have heard of this being possible now, but I don't know if that's real life or a sci-fi thing.