Blade Runner 2049 teaser

God I hope this is good. The Final cut is my favorite movie ever.

Comments

• Great teaser. I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I'll avoid all other trailers from here on out, though. Don't want to get hyped only to be massively disappointed, like with "Prometheus".
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited December 2016
    @DaveyMac No chance of managing expectations here, of all the Harrison Ford role revivals ,Indiana Jones, Star Wars and this, I'm more excited for this than I had been for any those.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited December 2016
    "The development of a sequel to Ridley Scott’s seminal sci-fi thriller started in 1999 with various failed attempts in the years since. Scott was originally set to direct Blade Runner 2049, but he stepped back and is now on board as an executive producer. Instead, Arrival and Sicario director Denis Villeneuve has taken on the role."

This is good news. Prometheus was really underwhelming.  I'd take Arrival any day. 

• LukeLuke Central Illinois
    So did Scott step down as director because they are going to make this a sequel to the theatrical cut and not the directors cut?

I really hope they keep Ford as a human because I find making him a replicant kind of betrays the message of the original movie.
    darwinfeeshyghm3
  • Scott's not directing because of Alien:Covenant.
    And I'm w/ you. It doesn't make sense if Deckard's an android.
  • edited December 2016
    I am so in on this film. I wasn't even that crazy about the original, but this film has:

Villeneuve directing
    Johann Johannsson doing the score
    motherfucking Roger Deakins doing cinemetography
    and an awesome cast

I really don't see how any movie could turn out bad with that line up.

Also, is it really for sure that Deckard is a replicant? Many say that the Final Cut proves it, and there's that clip of Ridley Scott saying that he is a replicant.

However, there's also that time when Fancher (the co-screenwriter) and Scott were on a panel together and Fancher claims that Ridley has that completely wrong and then they get in a bit of a tiff. 

Also, Harrison Ford was never told on set that Deckard was a replicant, and Philip K. Dick wrote the book with Deckard being a human.

So I'm leaning toward the fact the Scott is just too far up his own ass and decided to start saying Deckard was a replicant cause he thought it would be, like, super cool, or something.
  • This is the only Blade Runner: 2049 thread I could find, but early reviews say it's a sci-fi masterpiece on it's own and also improves the original in certain ways.  He's done it, all hail Villeneuve! A lot of my childhood, including my given name, revolve around Blade Runner, so I've been heavily invested in this.
  • edited September 29
    There have been three official short films released to fill in the 30 years gap between Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049:

2022: Black Out (directed by Cowboy Bebop's Shinichiro Watanabe) 
    "Replicants are banned"

2036: Nexus Dawn
    "Replicants are reinstated"

2048: Nowhere to Run
    "Dave Bautista kicks ass"

DaveyMacghm3
  • Awesome! I was actually going to share the Watanabe one as my wife brought it to my attention and I love his work. Thanks for the other two!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    This movie coming out has spurred me on to watch the first Blade Runner, as of today still one of the many cardinal sins on my 'haven't seen' list!
  • I always temper urges to get hyped and deliberately semi-avoid details/etc. but I can't wait to see this, it looks like it has strong potential to be amazing, and I think the trailers show that it will be a unique visual spectacle at the very least. 

And yeah I've always hated the Deckard is a replicant theory, it ruins the more human than human message of the movie.