Comments

• Oh man, that would be awesome.
  • Hopefully this series will regain its footing.

S2 of True Detective was promising at first, with its prominent cast, but turned out to be too ambitious and confusing.

Quote about season 3 from HBO's head of programming Casey Bloys, "It is not dead... I talked to Nic [head writer for S1 & S2 of True Detective] about it and both Nic and HBO are open to another season. I don’t think Nic has a take and he’s working on some other projects. We’re open to somebody else writing it and Nic supervising it. It’s a valuable franchise, it’s not dead."

Hopefully season 3 will be a return to form and some new blood will be able to make another great season.
  • The thing with true detective is that I think HBO underestimated the impact of Fukunaga and of the acting in season 1's success. At the hands of lesser actors and lesser cinematographers, season 1 would have been a disaster. Which is what you got in S2.
  • I remember seeing the season 1 trailer for the first time and thinking holy shit, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConghey on a tv show, together? Can't miss.
  • If it gets made, I hope we get to see actual flying demon babies.