Rocket Leaguein' - with @Jim

So Jim is pretty serious about his Rocket League, and hes pretty good, but I'm glad I dont play with him, he would hate me.  Anybody else watched the rocket league vids yet?

Comments

• If you don't hate your teammate in doubles, you're not playing right.
    Vasilnate1
  • Yeah, it took me about 25 seconds to see that I would get smoked by Jim, but that is saying nothing since I'm awful. 
    Vasilnate1
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, there was a time about a year ago where he was only like, twice as good as me. I only like playing the kooky levels. Got really into the hockey and b-ball modes.
    Vasilnate1
  • MrSinysterMrSinyster Raleigh, NC
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to see the fellas play Raft. seems like a game that could lead to much bickering and hilarity if they were both making decisions like with Kerbal. Orwell has been interesting, but the "Let's Play"s work better with @Jim and A_Ron_Hubbard and @Cecily IMHO. you need one at least one person talking shit while the other is playing 
  • Dummy said:

Yeah, it took me about 25 seconds to see that I would get smoked by Jim, but that is saying nothing since I'm awful. 

yeah, Jim dosnt seem like someone that plays while drunk either, I on the other hand...lets just say its a good thing they are fake cars
    Dummy
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Rocket League is one of those games that I will play for like 45 minutes tops. I love it, its super fun. But I get bored and frustrated with it pretty easily. Its amazing seeing what some of these players can do in the tournaments. 
  • I watched one of Jim's videos and it looks super fun.  I kept hearing how great the game is and I want to pick it up.  It seems the learning curve probably isn't as harsh as in fighting games, like I'm currently dealing with Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator & KOF XIV. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    It is super easy to pick up and play and have a blast, but also has some real depth. To master the game requires some serious skill. 
  • Man, I just was playing it at my local GameStop and I was pretty bad at it.  I could not follow the ball easily, could not time my jumps right, I gained a horseshoe and did not know how the maneuver with it.  But damn it looks fun.  I'll pick up it and have Jim cursing at me soon enough.
  • A good highlight from Aron during today's stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/PoliteMoldyHedgehogArsonNoSexy
    FlukesA_Ron_HubbardcdriveMichelle
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I just started playing this because of the game pass on Xbox. I started off really good, like a few goals a game good. Then I realized it was on rookie.

Now I'm getting my ass kicked. Although I've pulled my shit back together and I'm doing decent rather than shit poor.

Online is a crap shoot. Sometimes I win 5-1, then the next game it's the opposite score. 

It's fun overall but I need a break after a few games of teammates knocking in own goals and generally doing fuck all. Not that I'm remotely good but still.