Homeland

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is the only TV show I get excited about each week right now.  The subject matter is unbelievably pertinent to to today's political climate.  I do admit I find myself extending my suspension of disbelief, and I do that a lot with shows I like.  Between the FBI manufacturing their own criminals to arrest, to social media farms attempting to manipulate public opinion using facebook, comments, twitter, etc.  Last but not least, the battle for power between the White House and the intelligence agencies.  F'ing awesome TV.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Need to probably get back into this. It was great, then not so great, then ended sort of strong. I've stalled out on shows just from a long hiatus getting me rusty on the plot details, despite how good it was. (Hello, Marco Polo)
  • A good finale, could have served as series finale as well. Sad to see Quinn finally go, but even superman can die. It will be interesting to see where they take this next year.
  • Overall, IMHO this was one of the better seasons.  The show is trending upwards.

I was waiting for Dar Adal to provide an explanation, for his riding with the terrorist in the final episode, from 2 years ago.

• Not seen the finale but I know quinn died anyway. This season hasn't been great for me and it's a shame we will never see quinn at his full potential. The whole empty the gun thing I hated. It just felt annoying
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Sorry. I thought the finale was terrible. Keane's flop-flop was absurd. And to have Dar weakly lampshade it by saying there's something "unamerican" about her only a few minutes before she goes full cartoonish unamerican is pretty weak sauce. Too much sloppy, poor writing. Dar is the puppet master until he suddenly isn't? I felt misled and let down. Maybe it's time to take this failure behind the barn and put it out of its misery.
  • @manhattnik they already greenlit season 8, also, this show has retained its core audience fairly well. It's never been a huge hit, but still averages ~1 million people an episode. To top it off it hit a season high for the finale of 1.9 million. I expect next season or season 9 to be it's last.

I'm not so sure it was a true flip flop, while she portrayed one way, her actions seemed reactionary and easily influenced.
    We never know Dar's real motivation until the op is success or failure. He's been doing this same thing for many seasons, so this shouldn't be a big surprise. Dar has constantly pushed his scope of power, he got "greedy" and got played, this happens in real life, he's not infallible.

I dunno. I lost it after the power grab where she was kept in the "secure" location, and rescued by -- the cook? Too silly.
  • I was really disappointed in this season. I just feel like I watched 12 episodes and nothing happened. The whole thing seems like a super-slow setup for another storyline about Keane, but without any essence in itself. Villainizing Dar Adal is nothing new. The question of Carrie being a fit or unfit mother is ridiculous because I simply don't buy her as a mother at all. Seriously, when have we seen just one sweet mother-daughter moment between them? Never. Franny is not a character, she is a plot device. She's never there because she's being raised by Carrie's sister or she's been taken into a foster home or whatever, and even when she appears it's like "Franny let's get you to school", "Franny go play", "Franny go read your book". There's no point in dragging out this Franny shit for years, it's just making me so angry. I dunno, I'll probably nope out of this show I guess.
    manhattnik
    @akritenbrink Yes, that rescue seemed a setup. I was surprised by Keane actually making it out. It was sloppy writing.

Also, was there ever any foreshadowing of this thing getting out of Adam's control until the finale? There are surprising twists and there's sloppy writing.
    And if Dar wasn't setting up a coup what the hell was he doing?
  • edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @akritenbrink Yes, that rescue seemed a setup. I was surprised by Keane actually making it out. It was sloppy writing.

Also, was there ever any foreshadowing of this thing getting out of Adam's control until the finale? There are surprising twists and there's sloppy writing.

Besides Keane hiding his "projects" no, but that was part of the point. Everyone was distracted from what was really going on until it was already happening.
    Oh yeah. Keane's "project" was Quinn.
    Oh, not Keane. The alt-right-ish guy with the bad hair.
  • edited April 2017

KingKobra said:

@akritenbrink Yes, that rescue seemed a setup. I was surprised by Keane actually making it out. It was sloppy writing.

Besides Keane hiding his "projects" no, but that was part of the point. Everyone was distracted from what was really going on until it was already happening.
    Keane is a she... are we talking about the same person?

How so?
    Meant O'Keefe sorry for the confusion.
  • Ah got it.

By Adam did you mean Dar Adal?
    Adam?
  • He def meant Dar...
  • I enjoyed the season and my only real issue was the way they handled the aftermath of Quinn's death. Almost every major character has had a proper "send off". For Quinn we got a passing comment, which seems to understate his importance.