2016 Baldies Awards official vote!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Hey everyone.  This year we're trying out a way to roll the community into the Baldies awards.  Along side Jim and I's consensus pick for the winner of each of the eligible categories, we're also going to have a "Baldies Choice" where the show/person/whatever with the most votes wins.  

We intentionally limited these choices in several ways.  One, we agreed on the rule that one or both of us had to have seen something to make sure any resulting conversation was productive.  Second, we had to narrow down the lists a bit further because otherwise you'd have hundreds of potential responses.  Like the previous years, this isn't necessarily a statement that this is the absolute best in any kind of definitive meaning, it's just a statement on the Best that's on Bald Move.

Nevertheless, in the categories where it would make sense, we added a "none of the above" option.  If this option gets selected in any kind of statistically significant way, we'll try to figure out a way to add a write in vote.  But as you can imagine, with a selection this big, that's kind of problematic.  But if we get something crazy like 20% voting that, we very well might take a stab at it.

Without further ado, here's your place to vote:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016baldies
ElisaVasilnate1TaraC73hisdudeness915MichelleSomeBiscuitvoodooratMurderbearDaveyMacMelonuskand 8 others.

Comments

• I voted!  Do I get a sticker?
    Vasilnate1voodooratMurderbearTravisiMatty94
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Nah, just the nation's gratitude.
    iMatty94
  • I voted!  Do I get a sticker?

Here you go
    MichelleMurderbearDoubleA_RonMelonuskElisaiMatty94hisdudeness915Cory
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 8
    I voted, but my best actor/actress were 'none of the above'. I know neither Jim nor ARon have seen it, but This Is Us is *stellar* all the way around. My choice for actor is actually Sterling K Brown as Randall Pearson. It would have been my choice for best drama as well, but there is no way it wins when Game of Thrones is in the running.

Seriously @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Jim, if/when you have some down time and just want to check out a show for sheer viewing pleasure, you really need to watch this.

(My choice for best actress is Eva Green in Penny Dreadful, who I did not see as an option but who deserves the top spot and then some.)

Looking forward to the Baldies!
    A_Ron_HubbardMurderbearElisaTravisceburaska
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
    Btw, this would so have been Eva Green's submission episode if she were up for anything (I think she is nominated for a Golden Globe...I could be wrong):

ElisaTravisceburaska
    Yeah, Eva Green probably should be up there. She was one of the bright spots of a disappointing season.
    Michelleceburaska
    I only found the season disappointing in how it ended. I thought it was just as brilliant as the first two. Actually no, I wasn't fond of the Wild Wild West storyline for Ethan. But everything else was fantastic, particularly for Lily/Brona.

Elisaceburaska
  • HeisenburgerHeisenburger Detroit, Michigan
    Some strong contenders this year! Stranger Things is well represented in the categories. When are we going to get a Season 1 podcast?
  • no JDM for Negan?
  • I liked the nominations for the most part though.

Voted GOT, ATL, Hopper from Stranger Things and Evan Rachel Wood from Westworld
    edited January 9
    We debated both JDM and Ms. Green and in both cases we decided they probably wouldn't make enough noise to make it worth adding them. There are so many damn good choices, and the categories are already stuffed. I was tempted to nominate 3 more people from Insecure, for example, but it's such a gauntlet.

Haha, I tried to ward this discussion off with the preamble, but y'all question authority too much.
    Michelleceburaska
  • Daniel Bangor, Maine
    I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen a single one of the first run movies, even though I listened to all of the podcasts. For some reason, I can binge watch several episodes of a show but it seems like too much of a time commitment to watch a movie.
    akritenbrinkVasilnate1
  • I laughed when I saw Walking Dead on the list for best tv drama series
    Murderbearamhatchceburaska
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Daniel said:

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen a single one of the first run movies, even though I listened to all of the podcasts. For some reason, I can binge watch several episodes of a show but it seems like too much of a time commitment to watch a movie.

Yeah me too- Not so much a time committment but I have to leave the house..which I only like to do for work and tacos.. haha
    amhatchceburaska
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    Crap, was there a comedy category and I just missed Rick and Morty? Can I tack on a write in vote for R+M? Thanks!
  • Well, there was no Rick and Morty last year :/ hopefully it comes back soon though.
    A_Ron_HubbardDummy
  • mathew Adelaide Australia
    Hey Guys, I voted but had to vote "none above" for the Comedy Section : Modern Family is a Fav in my house down here in Australia followed closely by Broad City/Workaholics.
    Keep up the good work - look forward to hearing the final result :) 

• You forgot Rectify for best drama :(
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Sansa and Margaery over Cersei?? Ya'll done lost your mind! I mean, my choice was on there anyway so it doesn't really matter but I think she earned a spot just for episode 10! And I know it's impossible to make a list on the Internet without a bunch of knuckleheads complaining about it, so, sorry! Ha!
    pavlovsbellceburaska
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    A_Ron, why no Leftovers in Best TV Series of 2016? Why no Leftovers in best TV series EVER?!?!?!?

You forgot Rectify for best drama :(

Neither of us has seen it, so if it won, and I wouldn't think given our audience it would, it would us just be staring at each other going, yeah, yeah, heard a lot of great things. You know? It's tough, and less valid in absolute terms than an actual award show, I guess, but if you do much thinking about the Emmys, is it really less valid? Haha. Hopefully it leads to a more entertaining year end show, because that's the ultimate goal.
    Jeramiah said:

A_Ron, why no Leftovers in Best TV Series of 2016? Why no Leftovers in best TV series EVER?!?!?!?

Rick and Morty, The Leftovers, and Fargo had no new episodes in 2016. Three of the many reasons 2016 was a bullshit year.
    amhatchUnderwoodMichelleDoubleA_Ron
  • Another Eva Green vote. I went none of the above, would have gone for Paulson for the available choices, but Eva Green was the best performance by far this year (best last year too despite the crazy amazing duel between Carrie Coon and Regina King). 
    Elisaphoenyx1023Michelleceburaska

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

• Also, I hope I did it right on the commissioned movies but I went with my favorite podcast and not necessarily my favorite movie of the lot.
    jazzminawa

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

• In what sick cruel, twisted, world do I reside in which I am forced to choose between House of Cards and GoT?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If everyone says how they voted, it kinda takes the wind out of the results... *thinkingemoji* :p
    MurderbearStella
  • Ha! Fair point.

• Everyone better vote for what i voted for, or else!
    Dummy
  • I love this. This is why the baldies are my favorite award show.
    Travis
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Travis said:

Also, I hope I did it right on the commissioned movies but I went with my favorite podcast and not necessarily my favorite movie of the lot.

Thats how I did it also. So if nothing else we will both have done it wrong together. 
    TravisStella