What are you binging right now?

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 2019
    Hatorian said:
    Trailer Park Boys.

didnt think there was a show with more degenerate people that It’s Always Sunny but I definitely found it and I love it. 6 Seasons in after a few days. 
    I love all the Rickyisms.  Dumb as all hell but they crack me up and still crack me up.  
    Hatorian
  • Did both seasons of AP Bio this weekend. I thought it was really funny.
  • cdrive said:
    Hatorian said:
    Trailer Park Boys.

didnt think there was a show with more degenerate people that It’s Always Sunny but I definitely found it and I love it. 6 Seasons in after a few days. 
    I love all the Rickyisms.  Dumb as all hell but they crack me up and still crack me up.  
    They are fucking good. He pulls out like 3 an episode. 
    cdrive
  • Deputy

Stephen Dorff playing almost the same character as True Detective but with a horribly writing staff. My god is the writing bad but I can't stop watching Dorff swagger around giving stupid speeches at inappropriate times. He is so good and so wasted here. Someone please cancel this show and get this man a real series. 

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    In rotation - Star Wars Rebels - I got on the Star Wars kick after Mandalorian. Lost In Space S2 - fun family sci fi. Stranger Things S3 horror family fun.  Ramy on Hulu- interesting to see the Muslim American experience. Appletv’s For All Mankind - very well done alt history moon race. Servant. Creepy weird M Night story. Escape at Dannemora from showtime - true story prison break in upstate New York - brilliant acting.  Oh and I just finished HBOs Euphoria. Man that was rough and dark but very cinematic. 
    Dee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Qi (British panel show) - Sandi Toksvig (GBBO host) is the host and it’s f’ing hilarious.
  • Elisa said:
    In rotation - Star Wars Rebels - I got on the Star Wars kick after Mandalorian. Lost In Space S2 - fun family sci fi. Stranger Things S3 horror family fun.  Ramy on Hulu- interesting to see the Muslim American experience. Appletv’s For All Mankind - very well done alt history moon race. Servant. Creepy weird M Night story. Escape at Dannemora from showtime - true story prison break in upstate New York - brilliant acting.  Oh and I just finished HBOs Euphoria. Man that was rough and dark but very cinematic. 
    Euphoria was much better than I expected it to be.  And cinematically it was spectacular, some of the shots they filmed were just gorgeous. 
    Elisa
  • Rewatching Hannibal from NBC on Amazon.  Still pretty good.
    Travis
  • We just finished the second season of Making It. Holy shit, I love that show. It's basically a competition show that is completely tailored to my sensibilities. You've got a bunch of people doing really cool, surprising stuff out of common craft items. Everyone has a great attitude and is really supportive (I mean, watching them feels more like watching a community than watching people compete). Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler are goofy and super fun with things like "pun-offs" and lots of weird little funny asides. I hope that show runs for 20 years. It's perfect.

We moved onto the most recent season of Schitt's Creek that they have on Netflix (which I believe would leave us a season behind on completion). Digging it like we've dug the rest of it. The first episode or two had us concerned that they might have lost a couple of miles on their fastball (not bad episodes, but not as good), but it's rebounded great with the next couple. Catherine Ohara is fantastic. Whatever that accent is, it kills me. Good stuff!

As always we're constantly in a state of perpetual re-watches of Parks and Rec and Supernatural for those more tired,
    "I'll enjoy this without a need to follow it closely" type of mode.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Travis we are so in sync. I binged Making It a week or two ago and loved it. I’m also on the last episode of Schitts Creek and very glad I hung on through the “slow period”. If you said you binged the latest season of Grace and Frankie we’d be twinsies. 

PS - if you haven’t watch Grace and Frankie I highly recommend. 
    Travis
  • Just binged all of MESSIAH, its okay, it definitely hooks you, but then I feel like it just spins its wheels for the rest of reason, teasing you with answers but then moves on, and then the last episode is just putting a new wheel on the rim to spin, its got interesting things and a good hook, but felt it was just blah in the end.
  • @Travis we are so in sync. I binged Making It a week or two ago and loved it. I’m also on the last episode of Schitts Creek and very glad I hung on through the “slow period”. If you said you binged the latest season of Grace and Frankie we’d be twinsies. 

PS - if you haven’t watch Grace and Frankie I highly recommend. 
    Ha! We totally just finished the new season of Grace and Frankie over the weekend too. Just forgot to mention it in the post. Hell yeah, twinsie! That's awesome.
    Teresa from Concord
  • Chernobyl. Damn, that was good. And horrifying.
    awookiee
  • I'm just hoping to get "on mat"
  • Finally catching up on season three of The Deuce, I watched it all over the past couple of days. Holy fuck it's a bummer, but I really liked it. Great ending to the series. I honestly had a hard time recalling the plot from previous seasons, but it almost has a sort of anthology feel with the time jumps.  If you can roll with the sketches of characters the acting just carries it.
    Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Watched the first few episodes of Living with Yourself on Netflix and I really like it. It's funny and entertaining, but if you take a minute the premise behind the show is deeper than that. I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this show in the forums. But considering Netflix drops 10 new shows a day (I exaggerate but with some disdain) I'm not surprised.

Bottom line I do recommend this show. Paul Rudd is fascinating to watch when playing opposite himself.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Locke and Key
    Elisa
  • The BBC’s ‘Scott & Bailey’ on amazon prime. Standard British procedural but all the main characters are women. 
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Eine Frau said:
    The BBC’s ‘Scott & Bailey’ on amazon prime. Standard British procedural but all the main characters are women. 
    I love Suranne Jones! 
    Eine Frau
  • Finally got caught up on The Outsider on HBO and I really haven't been that impressed.  It's good enough that I'll finish it but not nearly as good as I expected it to be.  
  • Just finished the first season of the Orville.
    Liked it.
    Cory
  • My wife got me watching Good Girls and it's pretty damn addictive. Really fun show. Retta gives a full ranged performance that I honestly didn't know that Donna Meagle (having only seen her in Parks) had in her. Charming and believable in more dramatic moments. I just started season 2 and I'm pretty well hooked on the line.
    Elisa
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    The Expanse 
    I started it around Christmas it was a slow go but last week I went all in and finished it. Now I want to read the books. I guess season five will match up with book 5? That seems simple enough to be true. Whatever I went to the library and I guess I could get a copy sent there sometime this week. 
    Thinking of watching the New Pope or Orville. Lost interest in the Outsider and the show after about the space cruise ship was a no go from the start. 

ElisaSchlupp
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just started Treme on Prime and Outlander on Netflix. Pretty good stuff. 
  • Mythic Quest: Ravens banquet. Pretty good. Glad to see rickety Cricket And Dani Pudi get to play a semi normal people. Also the actesss playing Poppy is really good. Don’t think I’ve seen her in anything before. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I'm halfway through High Fidelity. Really good so far. I was a bit wary since I love the movie so much but so far so good. 
    Traviscdrive
    fidoz said:
    I'm halfway through High Fidelity. Really good so far. I was a bit wary since I love the movie so much but so far so good. 
    Whut whut whhhhhuuuuuut!?!?!  First I’ve heard of this!  Nice!!! 

I love the movie... the soundtrack...the BOOK...!!!! Lisa Bonet and now daughter Zoe! 

Guess I need to get Hulu for a month.  
    Travisfidoz
    Watched the 1st episode of High Fidelity.  God I love this universe and it's very satisfying to be back in it.  Totally forgot about New Pope last night!  
    TravisElisafidoz
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Watched the 1st episode of High Fidelity.  God I love this universe and it's very satisfying to be back in it.  Totally forgot about New Pope last night!  
    I'm savoring it. Doing one a day. PSA Episode 5 has a great performance from Parker Posey. 
    cdrive
  • Broad City. Just happened to catch a few clips on Comedy Centra so I gave it a chance and damn I’m surprised how much I like it given I’m definitely not the target audience..
    Travis