What are you binging right now?

Comments

• I actually just finished my binge of The Wire last night. Truly a masterpiece of a television show. Thinking of doing either Travelors or Dead Set next.
    Elisavoodoorat
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited January 2017
    We just finished Baskets which was really good, though (in that sort of Louis CK fashion) a little hard to watch at times. 

We also are working our way through a re-watch of Community that is a lot of fun, I knew that I loved that show, but I really took for granted just how much. That and we always seem to be in some state of a Parks and Recreation re-watch.

We're also up through about the 2/3 point of Season 2 on watching Supernatural which has been a lot of fun. Makes me think a lot about the early years X-Files in a very CW type of fashion. Good show. The guy who plays Dean cracks me up.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited January 2017
    Oh man, that show is fun. I actually have a "Troy and Abed in the Morning" shirt that I dig a lot. It's just a quirky, often bizarre, super fun watch (particularly as it progresses, at least until Harmon left and even then it's not as good, but still a good show mostly). Definitely recommend it.
    ceburaskaMelonusk
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I can't count how many times I've watched Community. That show just brings me so much joy. It has its missteps of course, but when it is on, it is on. 
    TravisceburaskaMelonusk
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    edited January 2017

I should really watch The Wire. I tend to forget about it. When it was first on, it didn't appeal to me, but my tastes have changed over the years.

Vikings is another thing I keep forgetting about!
    I avoided The Wire for a long time, but it is great. And not just for excellent British actors doing passable (?) US accents. Just a pity the last season didn't quite measure up.

Dirk Gently was, as a previous poster noted, very much in the spirit of the novels, if nothing else. But that is enough to earn a recommendation.

Happy Valley. After a re watch I am just so in love with the writing and the main character. Is it the Wire? No. But after 12 episodes I know Catherine Cawood better, and like her better, than any character on the Wire.
    Elisa
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just binged the shit outta Rectify. What a powerful show. As a grown man i am not embarrassed to say I wanted to cry in just about every episode. That man was jus so good at being sad and making you want to hug him.
    Elisa
  • Just finished Man in the High Castle ( 2 seasons in about 1 weeks time). I didn't have ultra high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised on how much I liked it. I would recommend this show to those who like sci-fi and alt-history type shows/movies. It may be slow in some parts, but they know for sure how to end a season.
    Elisa
  • The Wire. Finally about to finish. Season 4 and 5 have been an ass whopping. Loved seasons 1 & 2 though.
    Elisahisdudeness915Freddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Making a Murderer Season 2
    Narcos - Mexico
    Castlevania Season 2 
  • Slow-binged through Patriot S2 (same writer as The Weatherman) last week, that stayed with me for a long while.
    I actually sat there staring at the tv for a few minutes after the last episode. 

Finally got around to limited series Alias Grace. Don't know what took me so long, it's a collab with 2 of my faves, Sarah Polley and Margaret Atwood. 

Both very satisfying.
    Elisa
  • edited November 2018
    Maniac. It's good so far (episode 4), but I'm getting nervous (bad memories of Mr. Robot season 2).
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I'm a slow binger with a very long commute and I juggle a lot of shows because I got bored easily, so here's my current list:  HULU: [lunch time viewing] The Bold Type S1, Harlots S2, Good Behavior S2 - all good fun with strong females and a lot of craziness.  PRIME:  Just finished Homecoming and really enjoyed it.  SUNDANCE: Deutschland 86 - love this madcap spy thriller about East vs West Germany - subtitles.   NETFLIX:  [watching in rotation during my commute] Mr Sunshine (historical based Korean love story - subtitles), La Casa de Papel aka Money Heist (action heist thriller from Spain - subtitles), Atypical S1(heartwarming show on a family with an autistic teenager), Orange is the New Black S5, Strange Empire (Canadian female led western, what Godless should have been like), Maniac, Masters of None S1 (really good, funny and very current), and just started The Rain (Scandinavian dystopian show - dubbed). 
    Kate23
  • @Elisa Mr. Sunshine! :)

I really tried to like The Rain,  couldn't  get over the hump
    Elisa
  • We're on our third run in a row of Broad City. We just can't stop. It's too good. 
  • Season 1 of Killing Eve, just finished, right now, a few seconds ago, farther in the past each second.  Hitting 'Post Comment' right now.
    Flukes
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2018
    cdrive said:
    Narcos - Mexico
    Castlevania Season 2 
    Same here with Narcos. Just started this morning. First episode in and saw a huge error: when Kiki is crossing the border into Mexico they ask him for his passport. Unless I'm mistaken, you only needed a valid US driver's license/birth certificate to get into Mexico back in those days. Maybe he needed a passport since he was moving there for a while, but I hate the actor who plays Kiki so much that I look for flaws in anything he's in. 
  • Great British Baking Show. Don't judge; this show is crack to me. 
    Bojack Horseman
    Rick & Morty. I am on season 2 and I just am not feeling the love. I keep making myself watch, and now the question is-am I not smart enough to get it? Everyone loves it and I just can't seem to get past the belching and emitting of gas. 
    Freddy said:
    cdrive said:
    Narcos - Mexico
    Castlevania Season 2 
    Same here with Narcos. Just started this morning. First episode in and saw a huge error: when Kiki is crossing the border into Mexico they ask him for his passport. Unless I'm mistaken, you only needed a valid US driver's license/birth certificate to get into Mexico back in those days. Maybe he needed a passport since he was moving there for a while, but I hate the actor who plays Kiki so much that I look for flaws in anything he's in. 
    Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding? Say you'll never ever leave from beside me.

Yeah that dude is a Scientologist. nuff said.  

I finished binging MAM2 so now I'm back into Narcos: Mexico.  But I need to slow down and get the Missus on board.

Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    cdrive said: 
    Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding? Say you'll never ever leave from beside me.
    Just sang the lyrics and almost got up to do the little dance.    :|
    cdrive
    edited November 2018
    Noel said:
    cdrive said: 
    Just sang the lyrics and almost got up to do the little dance.    :|
    Ain’t no shame :neutral:
    Noel
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Marvelous Mrs Maisel season 2 came out today. I’m about half way in it started off kinda dumb but got better the last few episodes.
  • tom_gtom_g WV
    edited December 2018
    Making a Murderer S2 - subtitled: Those sons of bitches
  • Finally got around to watching Ozark season 2 and wow what a show.  The ride that family goes on regarding everything that's happened is incredible.  Jason Bateman really nails it with his character in this show and so does Julia Garner as Ruth.  Looking forward to season 3 after the way it ended. 
    Kate23
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Hubby is hooked on Narcos Mexico so that’s what we are watching now. It’s fascinating stuff and the acting is solid. 
  • “We Bare Bears”

the kids are currently in control of the TV so I’ve been watching the episodes with them. 
  • edited December 2018
    Ad Vitam (2018)

Not really bingeing. I've watched 2/6 episodes so far. It's good.

It's a French sci fi TV series, starring Garance Marillier (the girl from Raw), about a future where there are tanning bed type machines that reset the age of your body to around 30 years old. But there's a cult of teenagers and 20-somethings who, for some reason, are committing mass suicide in protest against the regeneration technology. Garance's character used to be in the cult and she's helping the police investigate them.

The French TV network that made it is being really dumb about distributing it, so you'll probably have to get creative about how you watch it.
    Kate23
  • Forever on Amazon. Don't want to say much to spoil the plot but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far after 4 episodes. I'm liking that there are more high-concept 30 min shows these days.
  • Atlanta season 2 is amazing. Community is amazing. Starting house of cards s5 (spacey's last) soon. Tried to watch the last Kingdom but it was too religious.