What are you binging right now?

Comments

• Deadwood.  I realized during the first episode I'd already watched just the first episode on tv because I'll watch anything Olyphant, but stopped due to time slot. It's good so far (halfway through first season), can't say great yet. I'm loving the dialogue though, it's crazy!!
    mylifeaskirkken hale
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Hatorian said:
    not really a binge as its just an 1hour 30min documentary but "Abducted in Plain Sight" was pretty crazy. lots of holy shit moments and the cool thing about this Netlfix crime doc is you know the ending pretty much in the first minutes but its the story thats just bonkers...
    I just watched this and what in the fuck. I don't even know how to process this movie. Is he really that much of a master manipulator or is that family too stupid to exist? I have so many questions.
    Hatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i started background watching the 2000's CNN miniseries on Netflix. i'm a sucker for those type of 'a look back at this point time' type of shows. looking back, in the 2000's i watching 'I love the 80's and 90's' on VH1.
  • Wrapped up The Assassination of Gianni Versace last night - meh.

Finally getting started on True Detective 3 tonight!
    Kate23cdriveElisa
  • The Expanse Season 3 finally came to Japan on Prime. I wasn’t gonna binge it as I’m also watching Mrs. Maisel and The Deuce. So I thought I’d just rotate between the three. But I got so hooked on Season 3 I just powered through. Definitely my favorite of the three seasons.

Side question. Did they really say “fuck” that much when it was on SyFy? If so I didn’t realize SyFy allowed that much swearing on their shows. Or was it added after, on streaming? 
    FlukesElisaken hale
  • Binging through "The Umbrella Academy", it's ...ok I suppose the characters motives seem questionable but it could very well make complete sense once I finish season 1.

And I doing my probably 3rd binge of  "American Gods", season 1. This series is so good, I'm hoping that that season 2 will be as good as season 1 given all the changes during production. 

Does anyone know if Baldmove will be podcasting season 2 of  "American Gods?"
    Elisa
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Re-watching Billions before the 4th season starts on the 17th. Really think the guys would like this, all the acting is top notch. Their boy Giamatti is great in it.
    Kate23ken hale
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just started binging Mars S2. I like the docudrama, survivalist aspect and visuals. It’s a bit klunky and slow but satisfies the space nerd in me. I also just started The Informer on Prime, a British crime show about terrorism and immigrants. Pretty good. 
  • I'm about half way through my first go around with the sopranos...

Overall its great, not falling in love as hard as i figured i would but still enjoying the heck out of it.
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    A million little things is really good so far. I don’t know what channel or site it’s on in USA or other Countries. Has anybody else watched this?
  • I've been watching Secret City on Netflix. I just watched the first season coincidentally right before the second season came out. It's not the best show in the world but it is decent enough.
    Elisa
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    DaveyMac said:
    The Expanse Season 3 finally came to Japan on Prime. I wasn’t gonna binge it as I’m also watching Mrs. Maisel and The Deuce. So I thought I’d just rotate between the three. But I got so hooked on Season 3 I just powered through. Definitely my favorite of the three seasons.

Side question. Did they really say “fuck” that much when it was on SyFy? If so I didn’t realize SyFy allowed that much swearing on their shows. Or was it added after, on streaming? 
    I recall hearing plenty of fucks in the basic cable version.
    DaveyMac
  • DaveyMac said:

They did season 1 & 2 when it was on after 10. Last year they were on  earlier so we got the PG version aired. Rewatching last season on Amazon was a joy to have the filth put back in.
    DaveyMac
  • The Umbrella Academy is TOTALLY good. We're through 8 of them and I can't wait to get back to it tonight.
    Elisa
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    Netflix's The Order 

Pretty fun show for what it is, I couldn't tear myself away. 
  • I love Eli gold in the good wife (Alan cumming)  I lost interest somewhere in the second to last or last season, but it was strong until then. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Just saw the Death Warrant preview on VICE and I legit want to binge a Jean Claude Van Damme marathon.  Start with Death Warrant then go Bloodsport Lionheart...then the twin movie and finish strong with Kickboxer. No Universal Soldier no Time Cop.
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    My wife and I tried to watch The Magicians, we hated everyone on the show.  It was the complete opposite of The Order
    Travis
  • mtron32 said:
    My wife and I tried to watch The Magicians, we hated everyone on the show.  It was the complete opposite of The Order
    I'm pretty sure that's the one that my wife and I tried (I feel like there are like 3 of those shows that I have trouble telling apart) and we were not impressed. I think we decided to give it another episode or two in the moment, just in case it was "bad pilot syndrome" but not surprisingly we moved on and forgot about it. Not great, not great.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Brett68 said:
    I'm about half way through my first go around with the sopranos...

Overall its great, not falling in love as hard as i figured i would but still enjoying the heck out of it.
    Whereabouts are you? Like most things it takes a while to get to know some of the characters and their roles in things. But when that show hits full steam, holy moley. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Letterkenny. 

Give yer balls a tug ya tit fuckers.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    My Grammy’s side are newfies so I think I could get into Letterkenny.  

We just binged thru Umbrella Academy which was suuuuuper fun. Hoping for a 2nd season.  Klaus was the best.  
    ElisaTravisFlukes
  • edited March 19
    Just about to fire up Westworld 208.
    Fuck it, I’m happy to blame the sloppy writing on post season 1 ego and just watching a pretty show about robot cowboys and cowgirls fucking and blowing stuff up. Why bother eh.
  • cdrive said:
    My Grammy’s side are newfies so I think I could get into Letterkenny.  

We just binged thru Umbrella Academy which was suuuuuper fun. Hoping for a 2nd season.  Klaus was the best.  
    I'm currently in the middle of Umbrella Academy which I'm enjoying a lot.  It has definitely been a nice change of pace for the superhero type story and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. 
    ElisaTravis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Amazon dropped some more episodes of the show they previewed on Super Bowl. Hanna a remake of a movie from around 2011. It’s another take on The Bourne Identity. I like it but it is what it is. 
    Travis
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Binging Veep from the start, passed me by the first time. Just started season two and loving the whole thing.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited March 30
    Just finished The OA Part 2...mind-blowing and really out there.  Also just started the Umbrella Academy and I like the zaniness of it all.  I also started Continuum for more time travel fix. Lastly I am rewatching the Expanse S3 on Amazon Prime and it is SO good.
  • edited April 4
    Elisa said:
    Just finished The OA Part 2...mind-blowing and really out there.  Also just started the Umbrella Academy and I like the zaniness of it all.  I also started Continuum for more time travel fix. Lastly I am rewatching the Expanse S3 on Amazon Prime and it is SO good.
    I just finished The OA Part 2 as well and no kidding, what a total mind fuck but in a good way.  It had slower parts that I slightly lost interest but something always happened that brought me back in to it. 

I really enjoyed Umbrella Academy, their integration of music into the show and how they use it was extremely fun and well done.  I think it was fairly predictable but it did it in a different enough way that I dug it.  Also seeing Tom Hopper in something after really enjoying his performance in Black Sails was good to see.  I'm glad they've already green lit a season 2.
    TravisElisa
  • Anyone catch Warrior on Cinemax? The show has an Interesting world, but the acting and dialogue are rough. The combat is good tho.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    BroRad33 said:
    Anyone catch Warrior on Cinemax? The show has an Interesting world, but the acting and dialogue are rough. The combat is good tho.
    I heard it is from the creators who made Banshee.  I want to check it out soon.  Man their is such an onslaught of shows returning right now that it is hard to find time.