What are you binging right now?

Comments

• My wife and I are sprinting our way back through Santa Clarita Diet. It's just fun and charming and a joy to watch. I definitely recommend it for anyone who has tendencies towards light, quirky sitcoms. Everyone has really good chemistry and is very likable. Great show.
  • Elisa said:
    BroRad33 said:
    Anyone catch Warrior on Cinemax? The show has an Interesting world, but the acting and dialogue are rough. The combat is good tho.
    I heard it is from the creators who made Banshee.  I want to check it out soon.  Man their is such an onslaught of shows returning right now that it is hard to find time.

I didn't know that, but I kind of thought it might be, it has a similar vibe, and a familiar actor from Banshee. I liked banshee a lot, but this is off a little, rough around the edges.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Sex and the City season 3 (the Aidan season).  I actually realllly liked him more than Mr. Big (unpopular opinion), plus I *loved* John Corbett on Northern Exposure.  I had such a megacrush on him for the longest time. :love: :smiley:

mostlywright
  • I binge watched Rome and now onto Deadwood. I thought Rome was great and I’m loving Deadwood. I keep getting flashbacks of Justified and Raylan in my head. I do enjoy the dark humor on both shows, especially Deadwood.
  • Binged Season 1 & 2 of Unforgotten on Amazon Prime and just found out Season 3 is currently being broadcast on PBS.

I like many British shows, especially their crime shows, even if there are so many of them it makes the UK out to be serial killer Disneyland and a place where if you let your kids out of the house they have a 50-50 chance of being killed.

Unforgotten is about a cold case squad and each season is around 6 episodes that focus on 4 or so suspects.

It is really done well with the emotions of the show not coming across melodramatic but very powerful. The second season is especially well done and packs quite a wallop.

Just starting Season 3 with Comcast's On Demand for the 1st episode and set to record the remainder as they come out.
    Dee
  • edited April 15
    Michelle said:
    Sex and the City season 3 (the Aidan season).  I actually realllly liked him more than Mr. Big (unpopular opinion), plus I *loved* John Corbett on Northern Exposure.  I had such a megacrush on him for the longest time. :love: :smiley:

Ayyy funny, I just picked up the boxset for £7 haha. I thought I’d try out the first season a few months ago and i found my cringe:laugh ratio was way more lobsided toward the latter than expected. I’m not ashamed to say I can’t wait to finish off this odyssey at some point this year. 

[Edit] additional note: ..the boxset looks all pretty on my shelf. 
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    CapeGabe said:
    Binged Season 1 & 2 of Unforgotten on Amazon Prime and just found out Season 3 is currently being broadcast on PBS.

I like many British shows, especially their crime shows, even if there are so many of them it makes the UK out to be serial killer Disneyland and a place where if you let your kids out of the house they have a 50-50 chance of being killed.

Unforgotten is about a cold case squad and each season is around 6 episodes that focus on 4 or so suspects.

It is really done well with the emotions of the show not coming across melodramatic but very powerful. The second season is especially well done and packs quite a wallop.

Just starting Season 3 with Comcast's On Demand for the 1st episode and set to record the remainder as they come out.
    Unforgotten S2 is one of my all time favourite TV seasons. The scene in the police station where Mark Bonnar finds out that what he’s believed for years is actually a lie is just devastating. And I really love how the cops are just solving the case and all supporting each other - there’s no sassy maverick or jerky out of touch sexist old school cop or whatever other trope every other cop show has. Shout out to Murray - quiet achiever! 
    CapeGabe
  • Dee said:
    Unforgotten S2 is one of my all time favourite TV seasons. The scene in the police station where Mark Bonnar finds out that what he’s believed for years is actually a lie is just devastating. And I really love how the cops are just solving the case and all supporting each other - there’s no sassy maverick or jerky out of touch sexist old school cop or whatever other trope every other cop show has. Shout out to Murray - quiet achiever! 

Yeah, the lack of tropes is really what sets this show appart. Like the scene in the 1st episode of Season 3 when they are all calling victim's families to try to ID remains is played so well.

Bonner killed every scene he was in and being the victim of the greatest gaslighting I've ever watched was devastating to watch.

What the show conveys so well through how Cassie handles the cases is how the lives of the people who lost someone to crime is not something that goes on with the case and is then over but is with them forever.

I gave the show a chance because I loved Nicola Walker in River with the greater Skarsgård and I'm so glad I did.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CapeGabe I had only ever seen Mark Bonnar in comedy before this, and I really liked him, but he just blew me away with how good he was in a drama. He needs to be in everything. 

River is one of my top 5 fave shows - I didn’t have any idea what it was going in, I just watch any UK crime show that comes out. It was amazing. And I still occasionally get that song stuck in my head for a while (like now). 
    CapeGabe
  • Watched all 10 episodes of Bosch Season 5 in one sitting. Really hard not to recommend after doing that
    fidozmostlywright
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I just started the last season on Catastrophe. I love this show. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Harlots on Hulu. 
    BrieanneCecilyMichelleElisa
    Harlots on Hulu. 
    Yes!  I've been secretly hoping you'd watch this at some point.  Where are you in the series and what do you think so far?
    Cecily
  • Mentioned this in my “STARZ” thread but Black Sails is SO MUCH FUN...it’s like Scandal put on it’s flippy floppy’s and joined the Lonely Island on a mother fuckin boat!
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Thoroughly enjoy Harlots too 
    MichelleCecily
    edited April 21
    I’m pretty sure season 3 is set to air in July!
    EDIT:  Confirmed!  Season 3 starts July 10th. Also, Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) will be appearing in this new season. :)
    https://premieredate.news/tv-series/4090-harlots.html
    A_Ron_HubbardElisaCecily
  • I know I'm 17 years behind on this but I finally sat down and started The Wire. Currently halfway through season 1 and definitely enjoying it. 
    ken hale
  • CapeGabe said:
    Watched all 10 episodes of Bosch Season 5 in one sitting. Really hard not to recommend after doing that

Finally started Bosch with all the memes on Twitter lately. 5 episodes in and it's exactly as advertised and the perfect show to chill and not have to think too hard.
  • Westworld season 2. I skipped it because people were saying it sucked, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I think it works better as a binge rather than having time to theorize and predict everything between episodes.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Has anyone else watched Back To Life? I started it last night and ended up staying up way too late watching all 6 episodes. It was really good, sometimes funny, cried a bit a couple of times, chockers with good British actors. Definitely worth checking out. 
  • Westworld season 2. I skipped it because people were saying it sucked, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I think it works better as a binge rather than having time to theorize and predict everything between episodes.
    100% agree on this. It works much better as a binge watch rather than a full week gap between episodes.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Currently binging the newest season of Bosch. I love this show. Thankfully it’s already been renewed for another season.
    CapeGabe
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Also, for anyone who watches this show, Bosch’s daughter is the same actor who played Sophia on The Walking Dead. Mind blown.
    edited May 3
    Project Runway!  Super serious viewing.  :smile:
    ken hale
  • After Life on Netflix

I can't call this a binge, because there's only 6 episodes and I'm taking my time with it, I like it so much.  It's Ricky Gervais, and I just lost at least half of you.  It's got some of his trademark mean-spiritedness, and the dialog sounds a little unnatural at times, like stand-up jokes (not often), but it's by far his most effectively sentimental show, in my opinion.  Really got the feels.  Plus, it's made me laugh more than anything in recent memory and it's got good old Walder Frey in a very sympathetic role, if you're interested in seeing that actor in a different light.  Glad it's been renewed for a second season.
  • Michelle said:

He was definitely better for Carrie than Big was! She made a poor decision letting him go.
    Michelle
  • I've been watching "Secret City" on Netflix. It's not a top notch show by any means, but it's pretty bingeable. 
    CeciliaM said:
    He was definitely better for Carrie than Big was! She made a poor decision letting him go.

CeciliaM
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    kuman07 said:
    Also, for anyone who watches this show, Bosch’s daughter is the same actor who played Sophia on The Walking Dead. Mind blown.
    She landed on a much better show.
  • We finally got tired of waiting for Hulu and bought the last season of Broad City. It was so very good. Still really funny, but also gave a lot of unexpected feels (it actually got a little tough to watch a couple of times, and the finale kicked up a fair amount of dust in the room). I'm really sad to see that one go. Wonderful show.
    ken hale