What are you binging right now?

1234568»

Comments

• Big Little Lies comes back on Sunday, which should be pretty great. Ultimately though, I think you're right. We're in that between season void. Mostly, we've been catching up on older stuff that we missed. Working our way through Better Things lately (which we both loved, but kind of lost touch with after season 1).

Also, I think my wife said that The Good Place comes back later this month and that would be really great news.
  • awookiee said:
    What are people watching now on TV? I don't have anything set up recording currently on my DVR and I feel like right now is a void with nothing good on cable TV? I know Black Mirror just dropped a few more episodes but otherwise I'm just plugging away on older shows I've wanted to watch that I missed out on.

Naked and Afraid. There is not much else going on.
  • ShumShum Utah
    I introduced my roommate to Deadwood and binged it in time for the movie.  I'm introducing him to The Wire now, and he was just blown away by the "Fuck" scene in episode 4.  Other than that I'm excited for Big Little Lies, Black Mirror, and Handmaid's Tale.
    Travis
  • Shum said:
    I introduced my roommate to Deadwood and binged it in time for the movie.  I'm introducing him to The Wire now, and he was just blown away by the "Fuck" scene in episode 4.  Other than that I'm excited for Big Little Lies, Black Mirror, and Handmaid's Tale.
    I recently started The Wire and am at season 4 now and I wasn't blown away by the "fuck" scene but that was a pretty damn funny and great scene.  I've been debating starting Big Little Lies and I feel like now is the time to do it if I'm going to.  I can at binge through that right into the next season that's just starting.  
  • MichelleMichelle California
    awookiee said:
    What are people watching now on TV? I don't have anything set up recording currently on my DVR and I feel like right now is a void with nothing good on cable TV? I know Black Mirror just dropped a few more episodes but otherwise I'm just plugging away on older shows I've wanted to watch that I missed out on.
    Honestly?  Project Runway. 
    Otherwise, there's not much on network tv that I've been into since the season ended for everything else I watch on network channels.  I'm all about Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, and HBO Now.
  • We rewatched the first Big Little Lies last night to start a re-watch leading to the new season. That show is so good. I had forgotten the perfect amount of it. Awesome show.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I just started up Succession, I'm sure this comparison was made a bunch when it came out but two episodes in this feels like a very dramatic Arrested Development. I can't get over how much like Gob the main character is.
  • jluzania said:
    With GOT ended, I'm going through the last two seasons of The Americans. Though I've come to realize that if I hadn't already gotten this far, I may have chosen to not finish it. I know a lot of people love it, but I don't think it's quite my cup of tea.
    Worth watching all the way through. 
  • Band of Brothers and Deadwood. Band because of D-Day anniversary, and Deadwood to get caught up before the movie
    CapeGabe
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I finished Good Omens today.  It was a good show, well acted, pretty entertaining.
    ElisaTravisCapeGabe
  • I'm not one who really cares at all about things that are other's subjective opinions but what the hell is Alan Sepinwall doing putting Game of Thrones in "Best" anything and leaving off True Detective?

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/emmy-awards-2019-nominations-alan-sepinwall-844404/

Elisa
  • Watched the first episode of City on the Hill and I looks to be decent, possibly a bit tropy but will have to see more episodes to find that out. I will probably watch the season and just grit my teeth through the Hollywood Boston Accents.

Are there other parts of the country and or world that actors do worst accents than Boston? The bar is set high on this one.
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 16
    Burned through all 5 seasons of Bosch in the last month and half. Very enjoyable ld-school hardboiled detective show, really well made and looks great, and very meme-able, worth watching for Lance Reddick's facial expressions alone.

CapeGabe
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Ozarks. If BB is a 10 then this was a 7.8. Pretty good but not on BB level. 
    awookiee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee.  Smooshed it in one fell swoop the night before vacation.  Which wasn’t wise but we couldn’t pull away!  
  • rkcrawf said:
    Band of Brothers and Deadwood. Band because of D-Day anniversary, and Deadwood to get caught up before the movie

I've watched all of Band of Brothers like 7 times, or more, it is so good.
    CapeGabe