What are you binging right now?

145679

Comments

  • Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    TravisElisa
  • awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    Thanks, for holding off. I'm a little torn about whether I want to be spoiled or not. It's so short that just going into it and seeing where it goes is probably best, but the devil on my shoulder wants to know. I figure I'll just run it out without knowing. I'm glad you liked season 2 though. With the gap and apparent lack of continuity I was a little concerned that it would take a big step back. The cancellation is a bummer, but in this current era with random pick-ups you never know... Cheers, dude!
    Elisa
  • Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    Thanks, for holding off. I'm a little torn about whether I want to be spoiled or not. It's so short that just going into it and seeing where it goes is probably best, but the devil on my shoulder wants to know. I figure I'll just run it out without knowing. I'm glad you liked season 2 though. With the gap and apparent lack of continuity I was a little concerned that it would take a big step back. The cancellation is a bummer, but in this current era with random pick-ups you never know... Cheers, dude!
    I just know a few people that even extremely minor things like characters that are in it to them are considered spoilers so I really do my best to not say anything other than my opinion that I enjoyed it or didn't and nothing more in regards to details.  It's a short enough series/season that I'd recommend finishing it even though there won't be a season 3.  I'm curious to hear what you thought of it once you finish it up. 
    TravisElisa
  • Just finished Dark Season 2 yesterday, My brain hurts, that said ill be watching season 3.
    ElisaEine Frau
  • Harlots season 1. Wife and I binged in two sittings. On to season 2 !!
    Elisa
  • awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    Thanks, for holding off. I'm a little torn about whether I want to be spoiled or not. It's so short that just going into it and seeing where it goes is probably best, but the devil on my shoulder wants to know. I figure I'll just run it out without knowing. I'm glad you liked season 2 though. With the gap and apparent lack of continuity I was a little concerned that it would take a big step back. The cancellation is a bummer, but in this current era with random pick-ups you never know... Cheers, dude!
    I just know a few people that even extremely minor things like characters that are in it to them are considered spoilers so I really do my best to not say anything other than my opinion that I enjoyed it or didn't and nothing more in regards to details.  It's a short enough series/season that I'd recommend finishing it even though there won't be a season 3.  I'm curious to hear what you thought of it once you finish it up. 
    We're about half way through season 2 now and I'm totally digging it. We actually stayed up about an hour and a half longer than we meant to because we just didn't want to turn it off. I hope they land it well, because this is a really intriguing table that's being set.
    awookiee
  • Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    Thanks, for holding off. I'm a little torn about whether I want to be spoiled or not. It's so short that just going into it and seeing where it goes is probably best, but the devil on my shoulder wants to know. I figure I'll just run it out without knowing. I'm glad you liked season 2 though. With the gap and apparent lack of continuity I was a little concerned that it would take a big step back. The cancellation is a bummer, but in this current era with random pick-ups you never know... Cheers, dude!
    I just know a few people that even extremely minor things like characters that are in it to them are considered spoilers so I really do my best to not say anything other than my opinion that I enjoyed it or didn't and nothing more in regards to details.  It's a short enough series/season that I'd recommend finishing it even though there won't be a season 3.  I'm curious to hear what you thought of it once you finish it up. 
    We're about half way through season 2 now and I'm totally digging it. We actually stayed up about an hour and a half longer than we meant to because we just didn't want to turn it off. I hope they land it well, because this is a really intriguing table that's being set.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it.  I really do hope it gets picked up somewhere for another season but I don't really have much hope for that.  I don't think it ended up being that popular of a show.
    Travis
  • awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    awookiee said:
    Travis said:
    My wife and I got turned onto The OA and knocked the first season down in 3 sittings. It was really interesting. I kind of wish they gave a little more at the end, particularly since from the first half of the first episode in season 2 it seems like an anthology, but I can dig the whole "write the rest of it yourself" mentality. A little bit of a cop out, but I can dig it. I hope I'm wrong and we get to hang out with some of the season 1 characters in season 2 and maybe get some more clarity.
    I really enjoyed The OA because it was so different and just extremely unique. I don't know to what extent you even want knowledge from season 2 @Travis so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything but I really enjoyed season 2.  Bummed that it got cancelled but hey maybe someone will come in and pick it up although I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem like it has that much of a following.  
    Thanks, for holding off. I'm a little torn about whether I want to be spoiled or not. It's so short that just going into it and seeing where it goes is probably best, but the devil on my shoulder wants to know. I figure I'll just run it out without knowing. I'm glad you liked season 2 though. With the gap and apparent lack of continuity I was a little concerned that it would take a big step back. The cancellation is a bummer, but in this current era with random pick-ups you never know... Cheers, dude!
    I just know a few people that even extremely minor things like characters that are in it to them are considered spoilers so I really do my best to not say anything other than my opinion that I enjoyed it or didn't and nothing more in regards to details.  It's a short enough series/season that I'd recommend finishing it even though there won't be a season 3.  I'm curious to hear what you thought of it once you finish it up. 
    We're about half way through season 2 now and I'm totally digging it. We actually stayed up about an hour and a half longer than we meant to because we just didn't want to turn it off. I hope they land it well, because this is a really intriguing table that's being set.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it.  I really do hope it gets picked up somewhere for another season but I don't really have much hope for that.  I don't think it ended up being that popular of a show.
    It's a shame. I can see why it's so polarizing, but it hits that niche so nicely. I do think you're right and that's a total bummer.
    awookiee
  • Just finished first season of City on a Hill. Great job showing the crookedness of just about everyone in Boston at the time. Already renewed for season 2 and will definitely keep watching even with horrible Hollywood Boston accents.
  • Started binging the Sopranos, one of the few classics I have never seen before.
    So far so good (season 1 episode 6).
  • Binged season 8 of Impratical Jokers. Got at least one belly laugh from each episode. Such a good show to watch if you’re not in the best of moods. Instantly makes the day better. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Latest and final season of Orange is the New Black. Really powerful. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Finishing up a binge of What We Do In The Shadows. The movie and the first season of the series.
    Teresa from ConcordTraviscdrive
  • fidoz said:
    Finishing up a binge of What We Do In The Shadows. The movie and the first season of the series.
    Haven't seen the movie, but man I loved that season. I can't remember the last time something made me laugh as hard as the werewolf fight did.
    fidozcdrive
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    yeah it was just added to Hulu so I thought I'd rewatch the season.
    Traviscdrive
  • edited August 23
    Just finished binging the first season of The Terror and holy wow, why have people not been talking about this more.. such a great cast and first season, I know it's an anthology and as long as Ridley Scott stays on board it should be a continuous journey of psyche mixed with true terror. Hopefully the CGI improves (cmon AMC, give em their due!). I cannot think of a better well-directed cinematography in recent years for a TV show, other than Game of Thrones.. But this one really brings out the subtlety well.

    I became a fan of Jared Harris after this and now watching Chernobyl and this dude is Emmy winner on all cylinders

    (Fun fact: count the number of GoT actors in this show, like Chernobyl it's more than two)
  • Travis said:
    fidoz said:
    Finishing up a binge of What We Do In The Shadows. The movie and the first season of the series.
    Haven't seen the movie, but man I loved that season. I can't remember the last time something made me laugh as hard as the werewolf fight did.
    dude, the movie is SO fucking funny. do yourself a favor and watch it! it's the reason there even is a What We Do In The Shadows show, if that tells you anything
    Traviscdrive
  • @Asherov Yeah, it's totally on the list. It's just a super long list. I'm super intrigued though and really look forward to getting around to it.

    My wife and I have been working our way through The Boys which is a lot of fun. Fun premise, good performances, some fantastic gags (one I really want to reference, but the "oh shit, that happened" of it is a big part of what makes it so great). I dig it. 

    Also, casually re-watching Alone Together which I have been enjoying a great deal. It sucks that it didn't seem to really crack through because I could watch several seasons of it, but we only got two. I just enjoy hanging out with those wacky 20 something slackers. Also, super fun to see Pauly Shore playing himself for an episode. It's a pretty great appearance.
  • Binged Dark Crystal over the weekend, didn't see a thread for it, not sure if anyone is getting into it, I watched the first 10 mins then turned it off as it was not for me, but went back to it since theres not a lot else streaming currently, and it was actually really good, the story is standard fantasy lore type stuff, but in a good way. I expected to be bored and was not at all, the opposite even.
    Travis
  • My wife and I have been kind of ping ponging between Schitts Creek and starting a 6 Feet Under rewatch. Just finished redoing Dead Like Me for the first time in around a decade. All have been/were very rewarding. Schitts Creek is really charming and fun. 6 Feet Under is everything that I remembered (and that bar was pretty high). If anyone hasn't seen Dead Like Me and likes the sort of non-Hannibal, lighter side of Brian Fuller it may be worth a look. Mandy Patinkin is really great in it. Callum Blue (who I don't think I've seen anywhere else which is a shame) is very fun. The lead Ellen Muth is good too. Quality light dramedy about grim reapers who hang out at a Der Waffle House.
  • Evidently, I'm up to twice-annual Deadwood re-watches, because I started again this weekend, lol.  I've effused my love for this show all over these forums before, so I'll limit my praise, but every time I watch it I notice new things, like how Al has a Lincoln portrait in his bar, but otherwise hates the government.  The "vipers in Washington." They never really delve into his reasons for that.  This show is such a contradiction, with all the racist language, for example, but the genuinely well-defined and empathetic portrayals of what few characters of color are on the show.  Also, in spite of the viciousness of the portrayal of sexual exploitation, nearly every episode of this show passes the basic Bechdel test, which not every prestige show even now can claim.  Just one more thing that ranks this a little above Breaking Bad on my list, so to speak.
    awookiee
  • I've been ripping through episodes of How the Universe Works. 
  • Anyone else watch Forged in Fire? I feel like the show shouldn't be as fun to watch as it is, I DVR all the episodes I can.
    fidoz
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Currently rewatching The Man in the High Castle ahead of the final season.  I really love this alternate universe show.  Finishing up Jane the Virgin season 5 the final season.  It is a lot of fun and emotional.  I just finished up on Hulu Queen Sugar Season 3 which always draws me in with the drama.  Jumped back into 11.22.63 on Hulu which I never finished for some weird reason.  Also watching Terror: Infamy which is uneven but when it's good, the horror is good.  And the brilliant animated show Undone on Amazon which is a fantastic take on mental illness and time travel.  
  • Just finished watching the first season of Fargo for the first time.  I haven't watched any of the other seasons and never ended up watching the movie.  My question for all by Bald Move friends, should I watch the movie before season 2 or continue through the series and then watch the movie?
    Elisa
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Unbelievable on NETFLIX.  

    Really really really good.  
    Eine Frau
  •  
    awookiee said:
    Just finished watching the first season of Fargo for the first time.  I haven't watched any of the other seasons and never ended up watching the movie.  My question for all by Bald Move friends, should I watch the movie before season 2 or continue through the series and then watch the movie?

    Doesn't really matter, they're all self contained stories.
    BroRad33awookieeElisa
  • Finishing up Ken Burns Country Music documentary today. 
  • Trailer Park Boys.

    didnt think there was a show with more degenerate people that It’s Always Sunny but I definitely found it and I love it. 6 Seasons in after a few days. 
    cdrive
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 30
    We just finished Season 3 of Being Human which has been a fun Vampire/Werewolf/Ghost as flatmates and supernatural dramedy antics ensue romp. I dig it. They did a big reshuffle after season 3 which feels appropriate. Not sure if we'll keep going into the last two seasons, but I'm not opposed to it. Fun show.

    We're also doing a season 3 rewatch of the Good Place to prep for the final season. Man, that show is so good. Can't wait to start digging into the new ones.
Sign In or Register to comment.