baldmove amazon store

Anyone want to share their favorite purchases??

Comments

• I bought my son's laptop for college through the amazon affiliate link.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited February 2015
    One of the perks of my job is that they buy lunch for the office every week. A lot of us work at home, and in the interest of fairness they take the per person food budget ($11) and send the remote workers an Amazon gift card every month. Pennies from that always go to Bald Move. I've bought 2 Harley Quinn t-shirts, Borderlands The Pre-sequel, treats for the pets, about a dozen Funko Pop! figures, a bunch of boring stuff for the house, even an Asus T-100 transformer book, all taking copper out of the hands of the evil Bezos. And that's just the last 6 months or so...
  • Me - much of my xmas shopping. Most recently, a furnace filter.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I did most of my Xmas shopping on Amazon too. New Guinea pig cage is my most recent purchase.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Ah, this thread warms my heart. It is a trip sometimes to go and look at the items report, there is just a crazy amount of things in there. In December 2014, which was our biggest month ever, obviously, people ordered 2048 items with our link, USA only, and the top items included a 50" Samsung TV, a Microsoft Surface 3, and a bunch of XBONES and PS4 bundles. That TV single handedly netted us like $61 in referral fees. All purchases, big and small help, because our referral rate percentage is directly tied to the number of items. Bald Move would not exist in it's current form without the affiliate program and people willing to remember to use it.

Obviously I'm uncomfortable depending so heavily on an insane warlord's business model, but so far we're winning the war.
  • you can see what we ordered?... :#
  • jpthet said:

you can see what we ordered?... :#

Don't worry, we can only see what was ordered, not who ordered it. Completely anonymous.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Haha, yeah, that sounded big brother-ish. Yes, we get a list of all items ordered, but they aren't grouped into orders, nor are they tied to any sort of name. I don't often view the details, usually only when someone asks me if I'm "sure they're using the amazon link right". I only went through it this time because my curiosity was piqued by the thread. If you think about it, if they didn't give us the details, there would be zero transparency and they could pay us whatever and we'd just have to trust them that it's correct... which actually sounds like something Bezos would do.
  • Good to know it isn't always pennies. I just bought a real nice Gaming laptop and was hoping you guys would get a nice cut of it
  • @Andrew Stadler What are you playing?
  • Right now just Heroes of the storm and Sword of the Stars PIt. I wanted to be able to stream and play. I forgot that people have little interest in watching a stream with a crying baby in the background. People are not hardcore enough ;)
  • I don't play either of those. The good thing about laptop gaming is you can get away from the crying babies.