The Last Jedi! (No spoilers)

13»

Comments

• Trew said:
    I feel like a hand being cut off is a must for a Star Wars movie but I hope it is someone other than Rey.

If they try a I am your father, I might walk out of the theater! 
    Yea, I have a feeling that Kyle sticking his hand out to Rey in the trailer might be a foreshadow of her chopping that shit off. Or maybe given his unstableness and fantacism he cuts his own hand off in some weird family tradition sort of way. 
  • Reactions from the World Premiere this weekend were overwhelmingly positive, including from reviewers, critics and the like at places like Slashfilm and RT.

There are no spoilers in any of the reactions, FYI.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-world-premiere-first-reactions/?ftag=COS-05-10-aaa0a&linkId=45721885
  • Man it's gonna be hard for me to wait for Saturday to see this.

FYI I put a no-spoiler tag in the title of this, figure a new thread will get started once folks see it.
    Trew
  • Without a doubt the reviews have me optimistic about TLJ but the key for me is to ignore them and go into the movie like the critics did with little to no expectations. 
  • Trew said:
    I feel like a hand being cut off is a must for a Star Wars movie but I hope it is someone other than Rey.

I am predicting Rey's hand gets chopped off and then wriggling around with midichlorians creates a mouth composed of fist and thumb and then says "we are your father(s)"
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2017
    Trew said:

I am predicting Rey's hand gets chopped off and then wriggling around with midichlorians creates a mouth composed of fist and thumb and then says "we are your father(s)"
    Wait a sec... are you saying this guy is from a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away?

Actually, that explains a lot.
    Trew
  • Maybe in the movie, Kylo is is talking tough to Luke's severed hand.  If they found his saber then they must have found the hand. And he could reenact the whole scene with Vader's helmet and the hand. "Show me again Grandfather how you punished Luke for kissing Mother in the mouth"
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Was watching a live interview with John Boyega on one of the UK's biggest morning shows earlier and the presenter dropped an absolutely massive spoiler, she was like "and fans will be excited by the fact that...". You could tell by the way that Boyega reacted that what she said was true. Obviously I'm not going to say anything here, but be aware that plenty of online news articles are starting to spring up about it. I'm so livid!
  • amyja89 said:
    Was watching a live interview with John Boyega on one of the UK's biggest morning shows earlier and the presenter dropped an absolutely massive spoiler, she was like "and fans will be excited by the fact that...". You could tell by the way that Boyega reacted that what she said was true. Obviously I'm not going to say anything here, but be aware that plenty of online news articles are starting to spring up about it. I'm so livid!
    That is ridiculous. I guess we are expected to live under a rock till it comes out? I guess everyone takes chances with social media and forums, but people paid to cover this stuff should know better. 
  • Dummy said:
    amyja89 said:
    That is ridiculous. I guess we are expected to live under a rock till it comes out? I guess everyone takes chances with social media and forums, but people paid to cover this stuff should know better. 
    Yes, the internet is dark and full of spoilers. I’m limiting where I go now until I see the movie tomorrow night. 
    Dummy
  • I just got out of the movie, i have to admit it was really good. Just sit back get off unsafe sites and enjoy it
    Aww_PHuuCkNoobieDooz
  • I have 13 more hours till I get to see it and I can't wait!
  • 95% on RT now. 

You can't avoid the excitement. The HYPE train is pulling in, ALLLLL ABOARD.
    Trew
  • davemcb said:
    I just got out of the movie, i have to admit it was really good. Just sit back get off unsafe sites and enjoy it
    I just came out from the cinema, too. :smile: Early afternoon cinema here (Sweden). I agree with you, it was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I am not really a Star wars fan but this entertained me a lot and it was also beautifully shot, I think.  
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Hubby and I are going tomorrow night at 930!! I’m so excited!! I am avoiding Facebook and all
    entertainment websites until then... 

please don't let Luke die 
    please don’t let Luke die 
    please don’t let Luke die

if I say it three times it becomes canon right??
  • Wow! It was better than I expected yet as Luke said "This is not going to turn out the way you think!" 
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    edited December 2017
    Movie was ok, but IMO some of the scenes hit Prequel level of cringe character accents or weird out of place retro futurism things that dont feel Star Wars.  

But overall better than 1-3, but doesn't even come close to any of the original films.  

It also has major pacing problems, and the ticking clock that the whole movie hung on made no sense to me.  Can't say more without spoilers, but I don't think Dinsey can keep cranking these out one a year and keep the quality consistent.  
    TheHeardTheorem
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2017
    Alright. Just ordered breakfast at my favorite cafe. After that I'm headed to the theater. I'm going in basically unspoiled, which is pretty rare for me. I come from the A. Ron school of thought, where it's more about the execution than the plot itself. But this time, out of respect for Fuhrer Lucas Disney's unnecessarily aggressive "don't let anyone spoil it" ad campaign, I ignored it all. Even listened to the non-club member version of the podcast last night. Oh hey look, my heart attack breakfast just got here.
    TaraC73