The Last Jedi!

Comments

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited April 14
    Freddy said:

Either way, Luke is going to kill someone he shouldn't.

And then Kylo kills Luke?
    TaraC73
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL

Freddy said:

Either way, Luke is going to kill someone he shouldn't.

And then Kylo kills Luke?
    And then BB-8 sneaks up and kills Kylo? 

(The End?)
    Vasilnate1DummyElisa
  • I watched it real quick at work and thought it was Mark Hamil speaking at the end which was confusing.

Love it though. I've been texting with brother all day about potential story lines and internet spoilers. So much fun.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    KingKobra said:

Hatorian said:

Fuck yea.

Also side note. Rewatched 7 tonight. In the opening crawl it clearly says Luke Skywalker is the Last Jedi. Not sure why there a big argument about the title being singular or plural or who is refers to. Luke is the last Jedi.

He is the last Jedi as of that scrawl, he could train someone to become a Jedi....
    The director confirmed its Luke at the panel.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-title/
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Shut up and take my money!
    Elisa
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited April 15
    I must be the only one that groaned when I saw those space battles...I was right back in the shit - visions of Phantom Menace  (and Rouge One to be honest) going through my head...eeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, i don't go in for big Space Battles, I  KNOW  it's called Star Wars but honestly - save for the Empire, was there really all that many big battles in the originals...-- when there were, they kept em short and sweet. Something modern movies have just COMPLETELY forgotten how to do. If the last hour and half is battle scenes, god help me. 
    manhattnik
  • aberry89 said:

I must be the only one that groaned when I saw those space battles...I was right back in the shit - visions of Phantom Menace  (and Rouge One to be honest) going through my head...eeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, i don't go in for big Space Battles, I  KNOW  it's called Star Wars but honestly - save for the Empire, was there really all that many big battles in the originals...--aahh not a bunch, and when there were they kept em short and sweet. 
    Return of the Jedi had a huge space battle above Endor. And the climax of A New Hope centered around the space battle assault on the Death Star.
    FernNYC17KingKobrawebswinger
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    aberry89 said:

Yeah, i don't go in for big Space Battles, I  KNOW  it's called Star Wars but honestly - save for the Empire, was there really all that many big battles in the originals...-- when there were, they kept em short and sweet. Something modern movies have just COMPLETELY forgotten how to do. If the last hour and half is battle scenes, god help me. 
    If i remember correctly, each of the originals had space fights, with RoTJ having the one most similar to what you see in Rogue One (Rogue One has no more space battles scenes than ROTJ). The space battle in A New Hope is most like what you see in TFA. And we can't really discern from a 5 second clip how much space battling will be going on in this upcoming installment. It could be no more than the originals.

The only thing they do now more than in the 70's and 80's isnt more space battle screentime, but rather they are able to increase the scale of the battle and you get to see more than just the pilots face in the cockpit.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited April 15

aberry89 said:

If i remember correctly, each of the originals had space fights, with RoTJ having the one most similar to what you see in Rogue One (Rogue One has no more space battles scenes than ROTJ). The space battle in A New Hope is most like what you see in TFA. And we can't really discern from a 5 second clip how much space battling will be going on in this upcoming installment. It could be no more than the originals.

The only thing they do now more than in the 70's and 80's isnt more space battle screentime, but rather they are able to increase the scale of the battle and you get to see more than just the pilots face in the cockpit.
    Yeah, there were quite a few, now that I think abou it :) But I feel like back then they didn't go too much over 30 mins. I love well paced, well done action - but anything that goes on for too long really glazes me over. Star Wars has been perfect thus far with their action, I am just hoping they will keep their pace sharp and upbeat instead of falling in suit with stuff like Avengers, Batman v Superman, Rouge One, - basically all movies that think the third act of adventure movie needs to be NON STOP ACTION. Gotta take a few breaths

Return of the Jedi was 3 set pieces interwoven and done masterfully. You had endor, Luke/Vader/emperor and the space battle. It was perfectly timed cuts between each one.
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @Hatorian Underrated if you ask me. Especially when you put The Force in context.
    Hatorian
    Freddy said:

@Hatorian Underrated if you ask me. Especially when you put The Force in context.

It's not underrated for me. It's why episode 6 is my Favourite even if unpopular.
    FreddyFernNYC17
    @Hatorian It's #2 for me, even if I can't decide exactly what #1 is. If that makes sense. Oh yeah, and it's spelled "favorite", pal. Ha ha
    voodooratHatorian
  • LucasLucas Milwaukee
    Any theories on who Rae is?  The obvious would be luke's daughter, which is why I'm sure it's not.  But there has to be a "Rae, I am your father" moment in this movie to mimic V right?
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY

Any theories on who Rae is?  The obvious would be luke's daughter, which is why I'm sure it's not.  But there has to be a "Rae, I am your father" moment in this movie to mimic V right?

Big theory these days is she is Related to Obi-Wan

this youtube video gives a good breakdown on the Theory

saraej319
  • I say she is the 2nd "chosen one".
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I really like the spin of "The Last Jedi" is because Luke is turning away from that path.  I don't think it's sinister either, in my view, the Jedi was a failed order that's rigid code of emotional detachment was flawed.  If you can bring balance to the force internally, then you don't have to worry about the goddamn Sith sneaking in the backdoor every few thousand years.

One of my favorite parts of the EU was being exposed to several different force using religions or ethos, that varied widely on their practices, ethics, "evilness", etc.  There was a lot of stuff in there where Luke pondered if the Jedi approach was the even the best way.  Seems like a good time to explore that if your nephew kicked your shit in, killed all your students, and set your temple on fire. 
    FernNYC17All the ChickensFreddyjeneteeElisamjmulladydarthcaedus1138
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Luke has also seen his father corrupted by the force and eventually killed, his mentor killed in the fight for maintaining its dogma, and his sister's son going crazy and AWOL after he did his absolute best to raise and train him right. It is no wonder he is burnt out and ready to turn his back on the whole dang thing. 
    darwinfeeshyFreddyVasilnate1Elisa
  • New trailer. Yup still excited.

KingKobraanubus21mjmulladyTaraC73
  • MrX said:

New trailer. Yup still excited.

Soooooo dope
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    My current prediction is that Luke will try to destroy Rey, Kylo Ren will come to his senses and the two of them will become the Jedi dream team.

My predictions change with every new piece of media though lol.
    Murderbear
    edited October 10
    Yea, it looks like Luke shuns Rey, she goes seeks out Kylo who brings her to Snoke. Like probably talks to Yoda or OB Kenobi and changes his mind to go help here. Not sure what happens from there. But that’s what I got out of the trailer
  • Trust nothing what you see in trailers ;)
    mjmulladyJovial_Falcon
    edited October 11
    Hatorian said:

Yea, it looks like Luke shuns Rey, she goes seeks out Kylo who brings her to Snoke. Like probably talks to Yoda or OB Kenobi and changes his mind to go help here. Not sure what happens from there. But that’s what I got out of the trailer

I could see that. A force ghost or two coming around and telling her she's related to Kylo could be just the push she needs.
  • KingKobra said:

Trust nothing what you see in trailers ;)

I don't know. now a days the trailers are built by companies who don't really care about leaking the story or suprises. they only care about views and ticket sales. Kingsman director was pissed when the trailer spoiled a certain characters return. It seems more and more trailers and clips created by marketing companies are telling more of the story and spoling things that the directors really dont want spoiled. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    POTENTIAL SPOILER:

For what it’s worth, the director confirmed to Vanity Fair that the ‘last Jedi’ referenced in the title is Luke. It’s not surprising seeing as the crawl for Force Awakens said the same thing and there are plenty of quotes in the original trilogy along those lines, but some people were arguing that the title referred to Rey instead.
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH

WILDLY excited! It looks like indeed, Rey and Kylo team up. Epic. And Snoke appears to be an actual person... I can’t wait to see more of him. And then, of course, my Luke <3 he’s back. He’s got a sad, tragic look about him; and let me say I’ve got a bad feeling about this. (See what I did there lol) I fear Luke isn’t making it out of this film. 

I don’t want to wish away fall but is it December yet!?! 

Random thought: With all the AT-ATs in the new trailer, I really hope they have a scene in one of the movies where Rey and Poe/Finn has to pilot one in a desperate situation, and Rey says "I used to live in one of these, you know." just to have the other say "You're gonna die in one, you know. Convenient."
    Trewgguenot
    edited November 17
    Getting Super excited for this. Especially with the Rian Johnson news. I can’t imagine Disney would give this guy 3 movies unless they were just so impressed with Last Jedi. Things are looking good for this movie. 

But with that said what are the top 3 things that you do not want to see in this movie. There are definitely a few plot points from the previous trilogies I do not want to see repeated and will be disappointed if they happen.

1. Rey or anyone else gets their hand cut off. 
    2. “I am your Father” please no
    3. Luke pulls an Obi Wan to show Rey

im optimistic that rian is doing something different. But I really hope they don’t retread any of those major plot points. Especially the first 2. 
    Trew
  • I feel like a hand being cut off is a must for a Star Wars movie but I hope it is someone other than Rey.

If they try a I am your father, I might walk out of the theater! 
    Hatorian