is there something wrong with my podcast ?

So I've been doing this gaming podcast for 56 episodes now, haven't had a single piece of feedback and the peak has been 45 listeners I'm not using this as a plug but I would just like a little feedback here are links to the last 2

https://entertainmenttalk.org/2016/12/13/xbox-the-all-in-one-episode-55-our-games-of-the-year-awards/

https://entertainmenttalk.org/2017/01/16/random-gaming-talk-episode-56-xbox-gwg-january-ps-plus-january-nintendo-switch/

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It took us 50+ episodes to get a few feedbacks back in the day when we were doing Blue Yonder. It's a tough market to build an audience. Try finding and establishing relationships with other podcasts in your genre that are about your size, and try to do cross promotion and cross over episodes to help everyone get a leg up. Makes it less lonely, too. I'm not sure we'd have made it to Breaking Good without our friendship with Personal Arogants, for example.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited January 24
    OK, so I've only listened to 5 min samples of each episode, and the content is good, you and Robert seem to have a good connection.  But the production quality seems spotty, on the 12/13 episode Roberts volume was very high and starting to distort there was actually one part where I could just hear him breathing while you were talking, and he was louder than you, and your mike was faint and popping in 01/16 episode.  You guys seem to be knowledgeable, and you have a great voice for podcasting.    
    Dummy
  • BB2KBB2K Adelaide, South Australia
    Also you have to keep in mind that the gaming podcast market (and podcasts in general) is absolutely over saturated as hell by tons and tons of garbage. There are enough really popular podcasts about games that if people are gonna start listening to a gaming podcast, they'd have 50+ options that already have thousands of listeners and good reviews.
  • edited January 25
    I listened to some of #55 and #56.  Better intro music selection would help.  Look at the Watching Dead, for example.  It's a little long, usually 26 seconds before Jim comes in, but the progression and music is constantly building.  The jingles on #55 and #56 don't really build momentum.  They seem to drag after 15 seconds and you don't want your intro feeling slow.
  • BB2K said:

Also you have to keep in mind that the gaming podcast market (and podcasts in general) is absolutely over saturated as hell by tons and tons of garbage. There are enough really popular podcasts about games that if people are gonna start listening to a gaming podcast, they'd have 50+ options that already have thousands of listeners and good reviews.

yeah, it's a little like trying to get a twitch or youtube following, you have to catch lightning in a bottle (or already be "famous" through some other media, or be associated with someone who's already twitch/youtube famous).