Denis Villeneuve to direct "Dune" reboot

2»

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I love that documentary. It's really cool to see what's going on behind the scenes on some of these projects that bounce around forever and it explains a lot about how that movie actually turned out. If you like that you might also check out Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films and that Richard Stanley documentary that came out a while ago.

Flukes
  • Speaking of French directors, I'd love to see Luc Besson (The Fifth Element) make a Dune movie. It could even be another story set in that world. I do love Arrival tho so I don't mind Villeneuve doing this one.  
    Flukes
  • Trailer! I remain hyped. The cast is so good.

CretanBullEine Frautom_gDoctor_Nickblacksunrise7GiovanniDoubleT
  • I hope they don't do the whole first book in the movie, it's by far the part of Dune I like best.  
  • MrX said:
    Trailer! I remain hyped. The cast is so good.

SO excited for this. The cast is amazing, the directory is one of my favorites, it can't possibly go wrong right? My only fear is them trying to cram the entire first book into two hours (impossible?). 
  • Looks gorgeous. Definitely in. I watched the movie before reading the book so I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Had nothing to be dissapointed with Granted at that time I was eating sci-if for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Loved the books. Do not like the director (he has a talent for making interesting things boring) or the lead  actor (it seems he’s still using his one acting face.) So this is a wait and see. 
  • I hope they don't do the whole first book in the movie, it's by far the part of Dune I like best.  
    Apparently it's 1/2 the first book.  Part 2 hasn't been made official yet, but they signed Villeneuve to a 2 movie deal...if this movie makes money, the second movie in his deal will be Part 2 (and if not he'll make something else for them).

Doctor_Nick