Episode 604 - "Trash and the Snake"

Director: Dean Parisot
Writer:Dave Andron & VJ Boyd

Comments

• JasmynPJasmynP Washington, DC
    Has Ms. Hale had cheek implants or were those there last season. Between her and Duffy....sheesh
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I love Raylan and Art's conversations.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Ugh, negronis are nasty, but then, I do not have a taste for anything bitter.
    Man, The Wiz did NOT have it covered. Wow, haha, that was shocking and then hilarious.
    edited February 2015
    Dickie! Can this episode get any better?

Man, The Wiz did NOT have it covered. Wow, haha, that was shocking and then hilarious.

Could not have said it better myself.

Wow.
    edited February 2015
    "Search your soul, numb-nuts" Quote of the episode.

Also Dickie has made me glad!
    Dickie, Loretta, and apple pie all in the space of five minutes.

THIS SHOW.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Damn, Justified coming through with some top notch physical comedy.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    jasmynp said:

"Search your soul, numb-nuts" Quote of the episode.

I'm nominating "Occam's razor, Thor's hammer; who gives a shit?"
    I enjoyed his episode for the comedy and of course Dickie stole the show, but I didnt like the nuts and bolts of it.

I'm still not comfortable with Ava betraying Boyd without even hearing his side, I'm not sure why we still need Loretta, and I don't yet know if I like the Boyd's new angle.

So far for me, the actors are doing what they can to make the writing shine and they're succeeding because I know and like them. The writing doesn't yet stand on its own.
  • The postmortem references a scene that would have followed the KABOOM with Duffy and Boyd that I would have liked to have seen.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/justified-trash-snake-postmortem-212206859.html
  • I didnt think it was possible for a better Jake Busey death than the bat shoved downhis throat in 'Identity'.

I stand corrected
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2015

I didnt think it was possible for a better Jake Busey death than the bat shoved downhis throat in 'Identity'.

I stand corrected

Identity! Nice pull, man. I haven't seen that one in ages.

I'm so glad that they got Jake Busey to play that part. Them using someone recognizable for that part made it all the more shocking. That was gold!

"What's up PIMPS?!" There is literally nothing on tv that makes me happier than a visit to Dickie Bennett in prison.

Man, Joelle Carter was fantastic in this episode. She completely crushed it, and they are asking a lot of her. I am so impressed with the way she is playing all of this.

I also really loved all of the business at Loretta's house. The exchange between Raylan and Avery was so tense and fun to watch. The bit where Ty goes for his phone and lets the moment hang on his holstered gun, also his "we haven't negotiated yet." Everything that happened at that house was so entertaining.
    I loved all the biblical allusions, the various pairings of mentor & mentee, parent & child, cop & criminal, and the menacing scenes of the two snakes (Katherine and Avery). Add the organic inclusions of Dickie and Loretta, and the shocking and hilarious callback to Boyd using a cellphone to blow up the mine thieves in S2, and S6 is shaping up to give S2 a run for the most carefully-constructed and rewatchable season of Justified.

With Loretta in the picture again, I should add her to the Death Watch. I have a very bad feeling about her now.

Tim Gutterson line of the week: “I’m kidding. I want Sigourney Weaver to choke me out with her thighs.”

This killed me, but it only works with Walton Goggins' exasperated delivery:
    "Would you guys like a Negroni?"
    "I don't know what that is."
    "It's Italian. It taste like grapefruit."
    "I don't want that."
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited February 2015
    @TravisSmith Loved all that too.

"Take one giant step to the right for me please."
    ksa1001 said:

@TravisSmith Loved all that too.

"Take one giant step to the right for me please."

That was such a good fakeout.

Is it just me, or is Dickie getting increasingly insane? And I laughed so hard when he howled, "Loretta? LORETTA?!!!!"
  • @pavlovsbell I agree about Dickie. I think prison has definitely affected his psyche. I also think he was especially excited to be in a position to gloat at Raylan (or so he thought at least) and was being particularly hammy in his excitement. The LORETTA?! thing was fabulous.