Streaming Series - Channel Zero / Candle Cove

Noticed this on Syfy. Has anyone dug into it? What are your thoughts?
I know this is meant to be an anthology. Though it's not a prestige drama is there any value in Bald Move approaching it?
Elisa

Comments

• For being such a small, unheard of show on syfy it was well done. Very weird but creepy and a quick watch.
    Elisa
  • I watched the first episode. Thought it was garbage. 
    Elisamanhattnik
  • I love the creepypasta this show is based on.  That being said, I did not enjoy this show so much.  It was pretty low budget, very slowly paced, and I found myself getting distracted from the show a lot.  It didn't really make me feel uneasy like The Witch (a slow paced excellent horror movie) and it wasn't terribly frightening.  It was kind of a let-down.

On the other side of that token, one of the "monsters" in the show was really well done.  It was a real creepy design.  One of the best monster designs ever in my opinion.  It also had nothing to do with Candle Cove. 

I wouldn't say I regret watching it, but I also would not recommend it.  Watch the first episode and if it doesn't hook you, back out because it doesn't get any better.
  • Bummer, I thought the first episode was pretty intriguing. But then it kind of lost me in the second episode. After this feedback I didn't continue.
    I'm more interested in the show being this mysterious entity rather than the subliminal/possession aspect of it.
    Anyone know of media that deals with creepy mysteries (real or fiction), shared memories, etc.?