HBO next prestige series is about...robots?

Westworld. Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden, Thandie Newton and Ed Harris make up only half of the amazing ensemble lined up for J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan's television adaptation of the 1973 Michael Crichton film.

Count me in.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbos-westworld-ordered-series-741066

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited November 2014
    Oooh. I watched that movie quite randomly, back when you could browse for stuff at Blockbuster, and thought it was fantastic in a kitschy way. That Yul Brynner. I'm excited for this too.
  • CbluesCblues Columbia, SC
    I'm in, and I think that high quality sci-fi programming is a good direction for HBO to distance themselves from the growing number of other premium networks. Thanks to Game of Thrones for being awesome.

They are also apparently doing an Asimov series. I'm in for that one too.
  • I mean it sounds awful , but with that much talent & it being on HBO it will be amazing
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I am all in on that, and what I've seen so far out of production looks typically HBO; very high quality. Probably won't be a day one cover, but I am really looking forward to it.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Holy crap, where does J.J. Abrams find the time???? He has a twin, must be.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    aberry89 said:

Holy crap, where does J.J. Abrams find the time???? He has a twin, must be.

He seems to be a busy man, but a lot of stuff is just an Executive Producer cred, which as I understand it can involve minimal duties to nothing, just a name-lending and a check. Spielberg is almost a poster child for this.
  • I'm definitely watching this. Sci-fi hasn't had much attention since the wave of fantasy bullshit rolled in. Get that crap out of here and bring on the LASERS!
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited November 2014
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty excited about this. I really hope it's good.

In case you do a cast on this show, may want to have some Westworld rock (at least for the first verse) in your pocket.