709 - "Rock in the Road"

Director: Greg Nicotero
Writer: Angela Kang

And yes, we will be LiveWatching tonight!

Comments

• Sorry to be this guy, but how do I watch the live watch?
  • What day is the podcast ?
  • Just joined the club, but couldn't find any info on how to get the live watch feed. Help?
  • edited February 13

Just joined the club, but couldn't find any info on how to get the live watch feed. Help?

The link has been posted. Find it here:  
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    The off handed Walking Ball Sack is another great in the Walking Dead insults with out the use of swearing and probably the first great non Abraham one. What are the best ones?

Some i remember are:
    Mother-Dick
    Monkey's Left Nut
    Son of a dick
    Bitch Nuts
    The steel cable zombie kill has to take down the Zombie Kill of a life time. That was insane and what the show need to get out of its hitting slump. 
    TaraC73ceburaska
    Overall an average episode but to look at it from a different angle there was some stuff that we haven't seen at all or for a long time.
    • The herd protection system was pretty awesome and would have done its job had it been left there. 
    • The Kingdom training everyone in some form of fighting even those that have been injured in the past
    • Group Cardio training taking place, we know that Rick is the king of cardio as he can run all day. But it was good to see that others were improving their survival chances.
    • Leaving Daryl behind and not taking him to Alexandria
    TaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Nice bitch move, Rosita.  She's got a big ol' attitude and chip on her shoulder - some of it understandable - but now is the time for team unification, not separation.  I don't think she'll end up making it through this.

cdrive
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • HatorianHatorian Singapore
    The herd scene was really great. id have to watch it again but the logistics didn't seem to add up with the placement of cars and people.
    TheEconomist
    No Half Measures....
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    Regarding Jesus' hair I think the actor said he wears a wig and the facial hair is also pasted on so that would explain why it's so bizarre behaving. Like I don't think a wig will absorb swear like real Andrew Lincoln's hair so it's why Jesus looks so odd, also I bet in the Georgia heat that beard glue melts off.

Another point in how the Saviors make Rick look like a total dumbass, this time in herd management. Um why did he engage in that hyper risky lure walkers away scheme at the quarry. Just jam up that one ramp with the ticking time bomb semi with a stack of cars like the Saviors did at the highway. I know they have them bc they lined a whole road with fucking cars to funnel them. That quarry was a perfect trap. All they needed to do is periodically set some on fire and let them burn out or hell practice some archery overlooking them. How many people had to die for such a ill conceived plan?
    ceburaska
    Hatorian said:

The herd scene was really great. id have to watch it again but the logistics didn't seem to add up with the placement of cars and people.

Agreed. I was really confused in the relative spatial relationships. Also don't you want as many walkers as possible to siege the Sanctuary after diffusing their defense system?
    Hatorian
  • skipped S7a, but thought I'd give last night's premier a try.  Skipping was the right move for me.  CGI tiger?  LMAO.  "Your Majesty???"  pfffffft, yeah right.
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I had a $5 bet with myself that Jim and A.Ron wouldn't notice the person in the car with Father Gabriel pop up in the back seat as he drove off a second before the opening credits roll (during the live watch).

I think the director should have made it a bit more obvious for the folks who are intently watching the screen at every moment for half second shadowy figures in the backseat of cars.
    amhatchDoubleA_Roncdrive
  • I had a $5 bet with myself that Jim and A.Ron wouldn't notice the person in the car with Father Gabriel pop up in the back seat as he drove off a second before the opening credits roll (during the live watch).

I think the director should have made it a bit more obvious for the folks who are intently watching the screen at every moment for half second shadowy figures in the backseat of cars.
    We saw it too! Had to rewind about five times to be sure. WHO TF IS IN THERE!
    edited February 13
    amhatch said:

I had a $5 bet with myself that Jim and A.Ron wouldn't notice the person in the car with Father Gabriel pop up in the back seat as he drove off a second before the opening credits roll (during the live watch).

We saw it too! Had to rewind about five times to be sure. WHO TF IS IN THERE!
    I think the end of the episodethey made it clear he was being forced to take that stuff and drive the car away. my guess is it's whoever the group was that showed up and surrounded Rick and Co. The lady who appears to be their leader is likely the one wearing the boots we saw at the end of episode before last.
  • I had a $5 bet with myself that Jim and A.Ron wouldn't notice the person in the car with Father Gabriel pop up in the back seat as he drove off a second before the opening credits roll (during the live watch).

I thought it was the whiskey that made me see that. Glad to know I'm not (completely) off my rocker.
    My biggest complaint/question is that I don't understand why Rick and Micchone didn't keep driving through the zombie horde until they had sliced through all of them. Then got out of the car and hopped into the SUV with the rest of the crew.

Then again, I didn't understand a lot about that scene, as far as where the explosive wire was in relation to the car blockade they were at and in relation to the zombie horde, and which direction they were needing to go. I need a damn map layout with pictures. lol
    MichelleTaraC73
    They also could have done a better job at drawing the connection to the mysterious muddy boots we saw following Rick and Aaron at the boat house they got supplies from > to the people/person who forced Gabriel to steal their supplies and drive off > to the people who surrounded Ricks group at the end.

There are probably more confused people than there should be at the end of the episode (including Jim and A.Ron if the live watch is any indication)

My biggest complaint/question is that I don't understand why Rick and Micchone didn't keep driving through the zombie horde until they had sliced through all of them. Then got out of the car and hopped into the SUV with the rest of the crew.

Then again, I didn't understand a lot about that scene, as far as where the explosive wire was in relation to the car blockade they were at and in relation to the zombie horde, and which direction they were needing to go. I need a damn map layout with pictures. lol
    I think they wanted at least part of that herd to seige Negan's Sanctuary after neutralizing the herd defense system. Now if that's the case I would've tried to think of an alternative method of escape to preserve as many walkers as possible but then again that's too much awesome to pass up even in real life.

• I didn't hate this.  I'll reserve that for later.
    TaraC73
    So what? No f*kin ziti now?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 13
    I thought the dialogue was over the top and superfluous in this episode. Rosita saying there was something she didn't like about the bundle of TNT that exploded, after she had already said the same thing to Tara minutes earlier, was unnecessary. Michonne telling Rick "we're the ones who survive" was like a new version of "this is what it's like now". And I am SO over the bravado from Negan and his Neganites, especially Simon. Jackass for jackass' sake is so tired. And then there's Gregory and his "Margaret", "Ricky", etc. I hate that f'ing guy.

What did save the episode, for me anyway, even though the logistics and planning was a little uneven, was the massive walker slice with the steel cable. That was badass and one of the best walker kill scenes of the series. I don't understand though why they didn't throw those cars in reverse when they were done and have the others back up as well so that they could jump in the SUV without having to make their way through the herd, but I guess they thought it was better tv this way. *shrugs*

Oh and if I didn't say it before, someone needs get Rosita right again, because she is being a grade A bitch.

Still, all in all, I thought this was a good episode. I'm so eager for the war!
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • People on this episode acted like actual human beings. Which puts it far ahead of almost everything in the past season and a half.
  • MrSinysterMrSinyster Raleigh, NC
    Regarding the live stream for the podcast going on currently: We can see you but we can't hear you. 
    LanieloveiMatty94CodyHarris821Murderbearleahgirl10Brawn
    "Choke hold is illegal!" 
  • @MrSinyster so glad you said something cuz I thought it was just me. I sent them a message about the sound on twitter.
    MrSinyster
    “One of the enemies of creativity and innovation, especially in relation to our own development, is common sense.” 
    ― Ken RobinsonThe Element: 
  • Regarding the live stream for the podcast going on currently: We can see you but we can't hear you. 

I thought it was just my headphones
  • Ya can't hear live stream
    Lanielove said:

@MrSinyster so glad you said something cuz I thought it was just me. I sent them a message about the sound on twitter.

same here, doubt they'll see it while recording though
    Murderbear
    "Choke hold is illegal!" 
  • Came on here to confirm it wasn't just my computer being a jerk. I'm not getting audio either.
    leahgirl10

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

• I just hope their recorded auto isn't muted because then they would have to record the podcast again
    MurderbearVasilnate1
    This is the Bad Lip Reading version of the live stream.... create your own dialogue and then upload it. 
    MurderbearVasilnate1TravisJovial_Falcon
    "Choke hold is illegal!"