Commission Preparation

I am curious at what lengths A.Ron and Jim go through to get the movie or tv show episodes to do a commissioned podcast.  I'm sure several movies were on streaming services at the time the podcast was done.  As far as more obscure titles like "A Prophet" or "Once Were Warriors", what did you do?  Is your local public library filled with a great stock of titles you can just rent?  or do you rent from Amazon when it's not part of the prime membership?  Or if all else fails, do you actually purchase the DVD/Blu-Ray?   It's probably one or all of those answers, I had recently purchased the Blu-ray of "Run, Lola, Run" and this question just popped into my head.  I don't know if I'll ever be solvent enough to commission a podcast for my specific taste, I'm just curious on how you do it and if any previous commission was difficult because the source was a chore to find. 
"I muffle motherfuckers up like Meineke"  Ghostface Killah

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    In general we search the "free" options we have, such as netflix, hulu, amazon prime video, HBOGO, MAXGO, etc.  If we can't find there we typically rent on amazon or iTunes.  Only once have we just straight pirated a movie, "Once Were Warriors", as at the time the cheapest place we could find it was $80/used copy.  We have absolutely bought a DVD/Bluray on something that wasn't available to stream, which happened for a commish back in 2014, I think, but I can't remember which one.  A Prophet and Run Lola Run were available to rent on demand. If a movie is no longer available in print or streaming in your region, there's not much you can do!