Batfleck done? "Numerous sources" Claim Afleck wants out of 'The Batman' entirely!

CoryCory New Scotland
edited February 14 in Movies
Strictly Rumor: Ben Affleck May Retire The Batsuit?

Ridley Scott as a backup director, really?

Rumor: Ben Affleck Wants Out Of THE BATMAN (Different article, same source)

Excellent rush job DC, If only you had put in the time, instead of trying to jump to the head of the line.
That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    This really wouldn't surprise me. But it would be too bad, Affleck's Batman has been the best part of the DC universe since Nolan's swan song. 
    Brawn
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yep.  I like the concept and execution of Batfleck, I just have problems with the movies he's in.  I was excited for a good Affleck stand alone.
    BrawnJovial_Falcon
  • I think the DCEU is officially fucked for good now. 3 movies that should have been home runs were just botched. I liked Man of Steel and Suicide Squad, but there's nothing in them or in BvS that they can build on. Warner Bros should stick to Space Jam 2 and the Potter-verse and leave the superheros to Marvel. 

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

Yep.  I like the concept and execution of Batfleck, I just have problems with the movies he's in.  I was excited for a good Affleck stand alone.

Did you have a problem with Batfleck's attitude? I think if you gear yourself in for a Batman that is colder, more grizzled and burnt out with the never-ending fight that he has been in, it works fine. The problem is at some point I want at least some hope of Batman who isn't just murdering and bat-branding people. And that clearly isn't a story that they were interested in telling. I go back and forth on it, because I really loved his portrayal and the shift to an even darker Batman. But it is pretty grueling to witness. Thats why I think Nolan struck such a great balance. It was dark, grim, and gritty without sacrificing the humanity of Batman. But like I said, I really loved Affleck's portrayal and its about the only thing I'd be interested in seeing from DC until they make some serious changes. 
    Frakkin T said:

I think the DCEU is officially fucked for good now. 3 movies that should have been home runs were just botched. I liked Man of Steel and Suicide Squad, but there's nothing in them or in BvS that they can build on. Warner Bros should stick to Space Jam 2 and the Potter-verse and leave the superheros to Marvel. 

It was mentioned in the BaldMovies podcast, but there is no way that a Batman/Superman movie should not have been a home-run, crowd pleasing, critical success. Its hard to imagine how they messed things up this bad. At this point I want them to stop making movies for a few reasons first its clear that they aren't putting characters first. They are putting franchise first and trying to build from there. The opposite of Marvel who have remained true to the their characters since day one. That is key. The other piece is every time they put out one of these lackluster superhero flicks, it muddies the water and pushes us closer to the inevitable saturation of the superhero movie market. As a huge fan of the Marvel flicks, I hope to put that off for as long as possible. 
    Murderbear
  • Exactly right @Garthgou81--Marvel started with the characters and hoped like hell they'd get to do a team-up movie. DC started with the universe but forgot to write good movies. 
    Murderbear

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• Don't worry guys, they're trying to get Mel Gibson to direct the next Suicide Squad, DC is totally fine.

lol, actually he might just be crazy enough for it to work.

Murderbear
  • MrX said:

Don't worry guys, they're trying to get Mel Gibson to direct the next Suicide Squad, DC is totally fine.

lol, actually he might just be crazy enough for it to work.

The only silver lining here is that David Ayer and Margot Robbie went off to do Gotham City Sirens, so Gibson will be left with Will Smith and the rest of the bunch. Robbie's Harley Quinn was arguably too good for that movie and is definitely too good for Mel "Fucking Jews" Gibson. 

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I dunno. Batfleck was okay. It's sort of hard to tell because he was kinda the only bright spot in a convoluted mess of a movie. If he pulls out now, it would probably be catastrophic to them. That one solid piece in a shaky ass Jenga tower. I've always been way more Marvel than DC but I still love comic book movies and I in no way want DC to fall on their face. But that's kinda what keeps happening.
    HatorianBrawn
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 18

I dunno. Batfleck was okay. It's sort of hard to tell because he was kinda the only bright spot in a convoluted mess of a movie. If he pulls out now, it would probably be catastrophic to them. That one solid piece in a shaky ass Jenga tower. I've always been way more Marvel than DC but I still love comic book movies and I in no way want DC to fall on their face. But that's kinda what keeps happening.

Yea I don't understand why some Marvel fans want DC to fail. Movie execs are notorious for examining the market and playing it safe. Imagine if Deadpool bombed. We wouldn't get an R-rated CMB for probably the next 5 years, maybe never. It's better for everyone if these movies are successful.
    Brawn
    No Half Measures....
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I am a DC guy (Marvel is great, just can't get into the campiness).  However, they are dropping the ball epically with all of this.  I thought Afleck's Batman was the best part of BvS (which I enjoyed even though I recognize it was not good), but they need to just cut bait potentially.  What did he expect when he signed up?  

Chris Hemsworth is embracing Thor, Christian Bale embraced being Batman, etc etc.  They know that is what they will be known for during that time.  He knew he would be asked Batman questions at every media event instead of questions about his average or sub-par films like The Accountant.  

Batman deserves more than a diva.  I think Justice League and WW look awesome, but so did BvS.  If it fails, recast him or kill him off somehow.  
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited February 20
    Funny, I never heard "Batfleck", but for the longest time me and the wasteoids I associate with would always say "Batt Daffleck", derogatorily, when referring to either Ben Affleck or Matt Damon....since early on they always came as a combo package in all of their movies.  Had to do a double take when I saw "Batfleck" like WAIT, OTHERS DO THAT TOO!? 

• Wait, what?  The Teen Titans?  The Legion of Super Heroes from like the 31st century? Superboy, Supergirl, Superdog, Batgirl, neverending Robins? Villains like  Mr. Mxyztylplyskslsk (sp) and Bizarro world Superman?  The lasso of truth and an invisible plane?  A ring that makes giant green crap to fight people with?  Which company is campy?

Thomas said:

I am a DC guy (Marvel is great, just can't get into the campiness).  

• ThomasThomas North Carolina

Wait, what?  The Teen Titans?  The Legion of Super Heroes from like the 31st century? Superboy, Supergirl, Superdog, Batgirl, neverending Robins? Villains like  Mr. Mxyztylplyskslsk (sp) and Bizarro world Superman?  The lasso of truth and an invisible plane?  A ring that makes giant green crap to fight people with?  Which company is campy?

Thomas said:

I am a DC guy (Marvel is great, just can't get into the campiness).  

I am talking modern film.  Comics wise I enjoy an equal amount from both sides, but film wise I can't do the hilarious and over the top action.