Sites that review games?

CoryCory New Scotland
What are some top/favourite websites that review upcoming video games?
That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I like Angry Joe on YouTube.
  • If I'm looking to buy a game metacrtic is usually one of my first stops.
    Brawn
    No Half Measures....
  • I'm interested in following Waypoint. It's the new gaming branch of vice. https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us

I second Hatorian, though. I usually go to metacritic first and find reviews that way.
  • Also maybe watch some gameplay footage on YouTube or something, nothing spoilers but just general mechanics to see if it looks like something you're interested in. I third metacritic and also throw in Giant Bomb.
  • I do a video games podcast and review the games that I can
  • Oh come on, Metacritic is the obvious go-to site but it's a cheat non-answer because they don't review anything. The whole point of going there is because you're not going to a specific site for their review, but an aggregate. The OP is asking for specific reviewers.

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited February 17
    Not necessarily always new games but Jirard the Completionist on YouTube is good. He's also listed as That One Video Gamer.
  • Of course Metacritic is just an aggregator, but it's useful for discovering games sites or authors that you might like. That's how I've stumbled onto sites that I then started following.
    HatorianBrawn
  • ghm3 said:

Oh come on, Metacritic is the obvious go-to site but it's a cheat non-answer because they don't review anything. The whole point of going there is because you're not going to a specific site for their review, but an aggregate. The OP is asking for specific reviewers.

Not sure how Metacritic is a cheat answer? It gives you the best of both worlds. You can see an aggregate score of the game and brief reviews if you want to just check out a game or you can click on the critic reviews and go to their full reviews for in depth analysis. 
    No Half Measures....
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I use Polygon. I visit it almost daily. Though these days I am actually getting more out of gaming podcasts. I listen to Polygon's Quality Control. But more so I really love the folks that do Gamers with Jobs. Very low-key but passionate about gaming and how adults with other priorities manage to still game will balancing families and jobs and life. 
    DaveyMac
  • Hatorian said:

ghm3 said:

Oh come on, Metacritic is the obvious go-to site but it's a cheat non-answer because they don't review anything. The whole point of going there is because you're not going to a specific site for their review, but an aggregate. The OP is asking for specific reviewers.

Not sure how Metacritic is a cheat answer? It gives you the best of both worlds. You can see an aggregate score of the game and brief reviews if you want to just check out a game or you can click on the critic reviews and go to their full reviews for in depth analysis. 
    Again, because it does not review anything. The OP is asking if there is any particular reviewer(s) we value, and Metacritic is just a generic aggregate with links to many reviews. If you asked me who my favorite movie critic was and I sad Rotten Tomatoes, wtf kind of answer is that? 

• Ok. Sorry my reccomendation didn't fit your standards for game reviews. Seems like a silly thing to complain about..
    No Half Measures....
  • Haha well it certainly is, just my OCD I guess. I dunno I guess I just assumed the OP already knew of sites like Metacritic and was asking for something more specific.
    Hatorian