Podcast Seasons 2 - 3

Hello,
I'm new to the Game of Thrones podcast by Bald Move.  I started off with season 1, but I only see season 4 as the next available podcast.  Does anyone know if Bald Move has done a podcast for seasons 2 & 3?  

Thanks!

Comments

• calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Welcome to the Bald Move community! So....A. Ron did previously cover GoT season 1-3 with another co-host. But due to some disagreements they split ways and Jim started the Game of Thrones cast with A. Ron in season 4. They are in the process of doing a rewatch to fill in the back catalog for 1-3 but have only done season 1 as of right now. Stay tuned for news as to when the season 2 rewatch and casts will be.
  • Thanks for the info guys!!
  • edited February 24
    Jim and A.Ron said season 2 rewatch will start once season 7 has finished airing.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Hey doods,

I think I heard you say that you would podcast season 3 after the entire series was over. Personally, I would reaaaaaaaalllllly love to re-watch the whole show and binge all your podcasts (season 1-7) before season 8 comes out.  You know? Like as a nice refresher before the final showdown. Just a thought. Either way, love the work that you do. Thanks! ;)
    akritenbrink
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Mattastic said:

Hey doods,

I think I heard you say that you would podcast season 3 after the entire series was over. Personally, I would reaaaaaaaalllllly love to re-watch the whole show and binge all your podcasts (season 1-7) before season 8 comes out.  You know? Like as a nice refresher before the final showdown. Just a thought. Either way, love the work that you do. Thanks! ;)

Yeah this is just me, but are people really going to want to listen to a Season 3 podcast after the whole series is over with?
    Murderbear
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited July 18
    I'd love it if they did season 2 after 7 and 3 before 8 but I'm certainly down for whatever they decide.
  • Mattastic said:

Hey doods,

Yeah this is just me, but are people really going to want to listen to a Season 3 podcast after the whole series is over with?
    Yes....
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

Mattastic said:

Hey doods,

The crazy thing is even if we lose 75% of our traffic, it will still be the largest podcast we have save for Westworld.  And to the extent that Game of Thrones continues to be a phenomenon, the back traffic will be sizeable.  Mad Men and Breaking Bad still do okay, so having complete coverage is valuable.  But, it's a shame the timing messed us up, because the absolute best way to do it would have been Season 2, then Season 7, then season 3 leading up to season 8.
    KingKobraMurderbear
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    Hopefully, season 8 is so delayed that the lead up will be quiet enough to do season 3 as a lean in to the final season. Though it might make more business sense to do it in the weeks after the finale while the appetite is larger.
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    A_Ron_Hubbard said:it's a shame the timing messed us up

Shouldn't the delay in season 7 airing mean you had
    more time to do a season 2 cast? 

Not complaining, just don't understand the logic. Glad to have you and GoT back! 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    @budesigns I think the idea is to do it during the run up to GoT season so it's on people's minds. It will be weird though to get season 3 coverage after whatever blowout happens to end the final season though.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    budesigns said:

it's a shame the timing messed us up

Shouldn't the delay in season 7 airing mean you had more time to do a season 2 cast? 

Not complaining, just don't understand the logic. Glad to have you and GoT back! 

No, because we were doing 3 shows during that time. If it had come out in April, we'd have the sleepy late winter early spring period to record them in. The next question is why don't you record them in advance, in which case the answer is feedback and the increasing difficulty of keeping what episode came before what when you're recording feedback after the fact.

Although, if GoT had come out in April, we'd probably have ditched Fargo to make room for it, which in retrospect would be a bummer. Although if GoT came out in April, Leftovers wouldn't. The schedule is a fickle, baleful thing.
    gguenotKingKobraNoelbudesigns
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    budesigns said:

it's a shame the timing messed us up

Shouldn't the delay in season 7 airing mean you had more time to do a season 2 cast? 

I think there was a discussion about this over the winter and it was suggested they could do a podcast and put it in the can for the future when they would be busy but that wouldn't work because they couldn't do timely feedback.

Mattastic said:

Hey doods,

The crazy thing is even if we lose 75% of our traffic, it will still be the largest podcast we have save for Westworld.  And to the extent that Game of Thrones continues to be a phenomenon, the back traffic will be sizeable.  Mad Men and Breaking Bad still do okay, so having complete coverage is valuable.  But, it's a shame the timing messed us up, because the absolute best way to do it would have been Season 2, then Season 7, then season 3 leading up to season 8.
    Fair enough, you know your business better than I do. 
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media