Foodie Corner

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited February 18 in General
I know some people hate when other's post pictures of food. But I thought it would be cool to create a thread for those that would like to share their food recipes, great restaurants or just pics of their food. Being in Singapore its hard to get really good Western food at affordable prices. Luckily I have an amazing wife who knows how to cook up a mean meal. My last couple dinners I've been eating like a champ. Biscuits and gravy, sausage and green pepper pizza and a juicy burger. All of these were almost completely made from scratch. 

MurderbearVasilnate1akritenbrinkTaraC73
No Half Measures....

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I haven't eaten breakfast yet and that biscuit smothered in gravy just made my mouth water so hard!
    HatorianVasilnate1
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Love a good food pic! Here are a couple of mine with a few custom birthday cakes that my best friend likes to make for other friends.

Vasilnate1HatorianTaraC73
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    edited February 19
    I love food!!

Here's some soda bread from a good Irish pub nearby.

And the beer

HatorianTaraC73
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• Speaking of custom birthday cakes. My Wife made my 4 year old a Five Nights at freddy cake.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nia7x3.jpg[/IMG]
    akritenbrinkTaraC73
    No Half Measures....
    Tonight we had pho!

HatorianVasilnate1

Angie Kritenbrink

• My Wife is Vietnamese. She can make a mean Pho!
    akritenbrink
    No Half Measures....
    Hatorian said:

My Wife is Vietnamese. She can make a mean Pho!

She's good at everything!!
    Hatorian

Angie Kritenbrink

• Tonight we had pho!

did you get drunk first?
    "because everything would be what it isn't"

Tonight we had pho!

did you get drunk first?
    ha! Nope. Maybe I will now though. Will it work in reverse?
    Vasilnate1

Angie Kritenbrink

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @amyja89 i love that breaking bad cake! Is that a burger inside grilled cheese!?

@akritenbrink i fucking love soda bread! (No caraway seeds) and smithwick is the shit! Now I have a hankering for some!
    akritenbrinkamyja89
    Don't tell me what I can't do!
  • Tonight we had pho!

did you get drunk first?
    ha! Nope. Maybe I will now though. Will it work in reverse?
    Hmm... liquor before pho, your good to go; pho before liquor.....?
    akritenbrink
    You're phocked? Lol

Angie Kritenbrink

Great news guys. I had pho again lol.
    We realized we hadn't figured out a pho spot in our new (ish) neighborhood (we moved here last June). So we're trying multiples. I think this one is a winner!

Vasilnate1Hatorian

Angie Kritenbrink

@TaraC73 Haha no, it's three pancakes layered with Nutella and topped with a sprinkling of sea salt. I'm a sucker for that savoury/sweet combination!
    Vasilnate1
    I actually cooked today. I made a shrimp stir-fry. I would tell you how I made it, but it went something like:
    Rice cooker
    Get frozen shrimp and veg out of freezer
    Make sauce with random combo of all ingredients that might be OK. 
    Tasted pretty good!
    jazzminawa

Angie Kritenbrink

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited February 24
    I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 
    8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
    pinch of kosher salt
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

combine everything in except vanilla in sauce pot and heat to 240 degrees with candy thermometer, pull off heat add vanilla, pour into greased parchment lined  9x13 pan, let cool completely at room temp.  cut with scissors or pizza cutter, wrap in wax paper.

Then take 2-3 and set them aside, put the rest in a bag and give them to someone you trust, cuz if you just leave them around you will eat way to many!!  I had 5 last night and ended up taking a 14hr. nap.  And the worst part is, while I was napping, someone broke into my kitchen and ate all my peanut butter and cheese puffs and drank all my orange juice ;-)

akritenbrinkcdriveamyja89Hatorianjazzminawa
    @Vasilnate1 Lol couldn't you just make another batch with regular butter if you want to snack on them?

Angie Kritenbrink

• @Vasilnate1 Lol couldn't you just make another batch with regular butter if you want to snack on them?

thats actually my plan for today

akritenbrink

@Vasilnate1 Lol couldn't you just make another batch with regular butter if you want to snack on them?

thats actually my plan for today

Live and learn haha

Angie Kritenbrink

In other food news, I am very excited because we joined a free trial of Amazon Fresh, their grocery delivery service. I used it years ago when they had a beta test but our last apartment was one block from a grocery store so it wasn't really necessary, and in the beginning they didn't have everything and it was more expensive. Now that we're out in the burbs though I decided to give it another look, and they've revised it to where it's a membership add-on to Prime and the prices of the groceries are similar to the regular grocery store, so I rejoined on this free trial and did my whole grocery trip on it this week. WOOT

Angie Kritenbrink

• I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 

8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    pinch of kosher salt

combine everything in except vanilla in sauce pot and heat to 240 degrees with candy thermometer, pull off heat add vanilla, pour into greased parchment lined  9x13 pan, let cool completely at room temp.  cut with scissors or pizza cutter, wrap in wax paper.

Then take 2-3 and set them aside, put the rest in a bag and give them to someone you trust, cuz if you just leave them around you will eat way to many!!  I had 5 last night and ended up taking a 14hr. nap.  And the worst part is, while I was napping, someone broke into my kitchen and ate all my peanut butter and cheese puffs and drank all my orange juice ;-)

I just looked up cannabutter.  Apparently I'm an idiot.

Too bad you can't share your sweets!
    Vasilnate1akritenbrink
    Yeah? Well, y'know... that's just like uh... your opinion, man.
  • I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 

8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    pinch of kosher salt

This looks like a great recipe! My bf is downstairs making cookies as we speak. I've been looking to get more creative with my special butter.
    Vasilnate1akritenbrink
    I found this app called Yummly that aggregates recipes from all over the internet. It's a fun little app. 

I made this thai shrimp curry last night. It was pretty good, although if i make it again I will add some spice to it. There was very little heat. 

Hatorian

Angie Kritenbrink

Some more Thai yumminess. Chicken satay for me and spicy sweetcorn fritters for my veggie friend.

akritenbrinkHatorianVasilnate1adobo1148
  • ive never tried a fried egg on a burger, tasty or an abomination ?
    Vasilnate1
  • adobo1148 said:

ive never tried a fried egg on a burger, tasty or an abomination ?

Dude!... over easy, so you break the yolk with your first bite, then the burger juices mix with the yolk and BOOM! amazing
    cdrivejazzminawapavlovsbell
    adobo1148 said:

It's messy.

Angie Kritenbrink

• adobo1148 said:

It's messy.
    in a good way
    akritenbrink
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    the ringer discussion got my mouth watering for some good old favs. here are a few homemade items.

homemade italian beef sandwich with motz

homemade taco bell cheesy gordita crunches

akritenbrinkjazzminawa
    No Half Measures....
  • @Hatorian The gooey meltiness of the cheese on that sandwich, sheesh...
    Hatorian