Foodie Corner

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited February 2017 in General
I know some people hate when other's post pictures of food. But I thought it would be cool to create a thread for those that would like to share their food recipes, great restaurants or just pics of their food. Being in Singapore its hard to get really good Western food at affordable prices. Luckily I have an amazing wife who knows how to cook up a mean meal. My last couple dinners I've been eating like a champ. Biscuits and gravy, sausage and green pepper pizza and a juicy burger. All of these were almost completely made from scratch. 

MurderbearVasilnate1TaraC73russkellyTravis

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I haven't eaten breakfast yet and that biscuit smothered in gravy just made my mouth water so hard!
    HatorianVasilnate1russkelly
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Love a good food pic! Here are a couple of mine with a few custom birthday cakes that my best friend likes to make for other friends.

Vasilnate1HatorianTaraC73Kela15
  • edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Speaking of custom birthday cakes. My Wife made my 4 year old a Five Nights at freddy cake.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nia7x3.jpg[/IMG]
    TaraC73
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My Wife is Vietnamese. She can make a mean Pho!
  • Tonight we had pho!

did you get drunk first?
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @amyja89 i love that breaking bad cake! Is that a burger inside grilled cheese!?

@akritenbrink i fucking love soda bread! (No caraway seeds) and smithwick is the shit! Now I have a hankering for some!
    amyja89
  • Tonight we had pho!

did you get drunk first?
    ha! Nope. Maybe I will now though. Will it work in reverse?
    Hmm... liquor before pho, your good to go; pho before liquor.....?
    @TaraC73 Haha no, it's three pancakes layered with Nutella and topped with a sprinkling of sea salt. I'm a sucker for that savoury/sweet combination!
    Vasilnate1
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited February 2017
    I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 
    8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
    pinch of kosher salt
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

combine everything in except vanilla in sauce pot and heat to 240 degrees with candy thermometer, pull off heat add vanilla, pour into greased parchment lined  9x13 pan, let cool completely at room temp.  cut with scissors or pizza cutter, wrap in wax paper.

Then take 2-3 and set them aside, put the rest in a bag and give them to someone you trust, cuz if you just leave them around you will eat way to many!!  I had 5 last night and ended up taking a 14hr. nap.  And the worst part is, while I was napping, someone broke into my kitchen and ate all my peanut butter and cheese puffs and drank all my orange juice ;-)

cdriveamyja89HatorianjazzminawaMofojones333
  • @Vasilnate1 Lol couldn't you just make another batch with regular butter if you want to snack on them?

thats actually my plan for today

• I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 

8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    pinch of kosher salt

combine everything in except vanilla in sauce pot and heat to 240 degrees with candy thermometer, pull off heat add vanilla, pour into greased parchment lined  9x13 pan, let cool completely at room temp.  cut with scissors or pizza cutter, wrap in wax paper.

Then take 2-3 and set them aside, put the rest in a bag and give them to someone you trust, cuz if you just leave them around you will eat way to many!!  I had 5 last night and ended up taking a 14hr. nap.  And the worst part is, while I was napping, someone broke into my kitchen and ate all my peanut butter and cheese puffs and drank all my orange juice ;-)

I just looked up cannabutter.  Apparently I'm an idiot.

Too bad you can't share your sweets!
    Vasilnate1
  • I made some edibles yesterday, and I must say the worst thing about making THC treats is that whatever you make is usually very delicious, but going back for seconds is usually a no-no.  These chewy caramels or "Canna-mels" I made are no exception. 

8oz. canna-butter
    1lb. light brown sugar
    1cup light corn syrup
    pinch of kosher salt

This looks like a great recipe! My bf is downstairs making cookies as we speak. I've been looking to get more creative with my special butter.
    Vasilnate1
    Some more Thai yumminess. Chicken satay for me and spicy sweetcorn fritters for my veggie friend.

HatorianVasilnate1adobo1148Kela15
  • ive never tried a fried egg on a burger, tasty or an abomination ?
    Vasilnate1
  • adobo1148 said:

ive never tried a fried egg on a burger, tasty or an abomination ?

Dude!... over easy, so you break the yolk with your first bite, then the burger juices mix with the yolk and BOOM! amazing
    cdrivejazzminawapavlovsbell
  • adobo1148 said:

ive never tried a fried egg on a burger, tasty or an abomination ?

It's messy.
    in a good way
  • the ringer discussion got my mouth watering for some good old favs. here are a few homemade items.

homemade italian beef sandwich with motz

homemade taco bell cheesy gordita crunches

jazzminawa
  • @Hatorian The gooey meltiness of the cheese on that sandwich, sheesh...
    Hatorian