Bates Motel - Season 5 - Anyone else watching?

I binged Bates Motel over the last few months and just watched the premier of the final season.  I'm impressed with the acting throughout the show and excited for the final season.  Is anyone else out there watching?  

Comments

• I have not watched any but if the final season is the remake of the movie I might try it. I realize I would be missing out on a lot of stuff by doing that.
    Shit, you shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize.
  • I think there was a thread on here last year for the show. I've been a fan of it since the beginning. Norman right now is too young to lead into the movie, so unless they do some major time jumps or changes, not sure how that would work. This entire series thus far has been a "prequel" to the movies which Ive enjoyed.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 21
    The premier is out?! Awesome!
    I like this show a lot. I started to form some doubts through season 3 and thought about cutting it (partially because the show was starting to lose me, but just as much because there is just too much to watch) but they really got it back last season. Can't wait to get into the new one. The performances really are fantastic. Thanks for the heads up!

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

• A fitting end to this series, maybe a little too "happy" for me. I liked the changes they made to the story and I'm glad they got to end it the way they wanted. I'm going to miss this show, but better to end on time than much too late.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just started watching Bates Motel slowly on Netflix.  What a gem!  What a fantastic show!
    Dee
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    edited April 26
    I've seen all but the last 3 episodes. This season has been amazing. Everything they've been building on for 5 years is coming to a head and every moment of the final season feels completely earned. Highmore & Farmiga deserve a lot more praise than they are getting for their performances. I thought it was really classy the way they handled the Psycho episode; they stuck pretty close but fleshed out the motivations and gave you at least one big surprise. My only big complaint is that the storylines with Emma and Dylan got pretty tedious in the last few seasons. Even the short time we spent with them this season felt like too much. I guess one of the drawbacks to having an acting power couple at the heart of the show is that it's a poorer show when one of the leads is not onscreen.

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Colin watches it. It's one of his favorite shows and he liked how it ended. He's a horror aficionado and was happy overall with the quality of the show( a lot of current horror is garbage, according to him).
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media