Episode 303 - "Open House"

Director: Thomas Schlamme
Writer: Stuart Zicherman

Comments

• I can't wait for this episode.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Wow. Just wow. I'll have coherent thoughts later. Maybe.
  • Great episode, though I'm ready for them to shit or get off the pot about Paige. Maybe pulling that gnarly tooth will help move that along. That tailing scene was tense as hell. Perfectly done. I paused on the Scrabble board. No real Easter Eggs there, but it did have that Scrabble classic, "jive."
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    The Phillip as the dentist scene was horrible to watch. The tailing scene was really good, I thought they were going to catch Elizabeth. But I agree with @hypergenesb - totally bored with Paige and the Spy Kids angle. Move on please. MOre interested in the defector and the Afghanistan story and of course Nina.
  • That tooth extraction was almost as difficult to watch as the baggage scene from last week. Almost. I was crazy tense thinking they were going to catch Elizabeth this time. I actually started to wonder if that was the direction they were going to go in...maybe have her be caught early on in the show. I wonder where they would go from there if they chose that route? On any other show, I wouldn't think they would do it that early but I wouldn't be surprised with The Americans. I really feel like they would be willing to blow things up at any time.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    So how did the CIA find Phillip and Elizabeth so easily? Was it the Afghan guy who caught Phillip in his office at the open house? Did he give them a call? Or was it just when they were tailing the Afghan guy the 2nd time, the CIA spotted them?
  • They were watching the open house. I suspect they followed everyone who came to it.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited February 2015
    So do you think that Phillip and Elizabeth are trying to frame that Afghan CIA guy with the daughter of the head of the Afghan CIA Group?
    edited February 2015
    I think they are going to use the daughter's attraction to older men to use her directly, but I'm not sure how. They seem to using the female spies this season so far as visions of possible future Paiges, and this girl is only 16. If we thought the suitcase and the home dentistry was bad, what about using an underage girl? Ugh.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I was thinking blackmail photos with some photoshop added or maybe seduction ewwwww by Phillip and double agent. Spurned teenage angst.
  • linolino Atlanta, GA
    edited February 2015
    Wouldn't the CIA/FBI have taken pictures of Phillip and Elizabeth during the open house? I mean, if they suspected that something would happen ... I would assume they would have had a plant taking pictures of the individuals coming through the house that day.
    lino said:

Wouldn't the CIA/FBI have taken pictures of Phillip and Elizabeth during the open house? I mean, if they suspected that something would happen ... I would assume they would have had a plant taking pictures of the individuals coming through the house that day.

I don't think the CIA was surveilling the open house. Paaswell wasn't even supposed to be there; he just happened to forget some work things. Everyone on the list had a security detail on them. This is what Gabriel had warned Philip about. The detail noticed that Philip and Elizabeth were traveling the same bearing as Paaswell, so they started following them.
  • linolino Atlanta, GA

lino said:

I don't think the CIA was surveilling the open house. Paaswell wasn't even supposed to be there; he just happened to forget some work things. Everyone on the list had a security detail on them. This is what Gabriel had warned Philip about. The detail noticed that Philip and Elizabeth were traveling the same bearing as Paaswell, so they started following them.
    Ahhh! Makes sense. Thanks!
  • I was wondering if the conversation b/w the babysitter and Paaswell was fake. They possibly knew they were being recorded and were setting up a scenario for the illegals to use as a reason to approach. Kind of a trap to bait the illegals? I don't know. I'm reaching because I'm confused and not sure what the hell is going on there.
  • Oh and I thought the dentistry was harder to watch than Analise and the suitcase.
  • I thought that Arkady was more just using his power to stick it to Oleg's dad than doing this out of respect for Oleg. There has been enough focus on Arkady's resentment of people who didn't work there way up.
  • Do yall think Phillip has any kind of genuine feelings for Martha?