Crashing on HBO

I've now seen the first two episodes, and I'm enjoying myself. Pete Holmes is a really funny stand-up, and I liked his show that was on TBS. The jokes in "Crashing" aren't groundbreaking or socially relevant or anything, but there is still some pretty funny stuff. I loved how everyone tried to get him to do what Tig Notaro did (which was one of the funniest sets I've ever heard) and it colossally blew up in his face. 

I think what sold me into watching more episodes is Pete describing it as a stand-up comedian origin story. I'd really like to see how a stand-up gets to be a big draw and how much shit they have to swallow to get there. It also has actual stand-ups doing funny sets like Artie Lange and TJ Miller, so it should at least be funny during those parts. It definitely doesn't deserve the full Bald Move treatment, but I'm hoping for a 6-7 minute Bald T.V talk at some point. 

Anyone else watching? 
GredalBee

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I watched the first episode, but I was bored. It's yet another sad sack white male comedian schlepping about being miserable and not funny. I'm clearly not the target audience.
    AspiewithalibrarycardGarrison66
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dee said:

I watched the first episode, but I was bored. It's yet another sad sack white male comedian schlepping about being miserable and not funny. I'm clearly not the target audience.

So you liked it?
    hisdudeness915DeeGarrison66
  • I liked it as well, but I'm a sucker for these coming up with comedy material stories.  I also liked the documentary Comedian about the subject, which I guess is completely unwatchable now because Bill Cosby features as a master in it.
    Dummy
This discussion has been closed.