Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• Hatorian said:
    wow. 10 minutes out and no post.

the BM community has really turned against SW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qn_spdM5Zg

even with my dissapointment i cant help but get a little nostalgic and teary eyed knowing its all ending and 3POs little "one last view of my friends" i wonder if we are going to get some sort of crazy last scene with the entire original cast together....
    I was too busy waiting in a virtual line on the AMC app to get opening night tickets.  Mission accomplished :)
    Teresa from Concord
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, I noticed there's a few spots open in the Dolby theater near me, but I think I need to sit this one out. The December 20 opening makes that easier... I have no clue what I'll be doing that weekend.

I hope those that liked the trailer like the movie!
    BroRad33
  • I wasn't blown away by any of the trailers and I've never been a die hard Star Wars fan which I think has actually helped with my enjoyment of Star Wars.  I enjoyed The Last Jedi quite a bit and I understand people's criticism of it but I just didn't have the issues with it that most people did.  
    JaimieTJSDCADoubleT
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    o
    m
    g

awookieeFreddyJSDCA
  • Pretty sure that last part confirms Rey takes up the Skywalker name. She has both Luke and Leia say something to her.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I am a Star Wars hard core fan. Despite all the disappointments after the original 3, I will be there to see its conclusion. But I have zero buy-in for Rey. The writing and the acting have been less than stellar. And the trailer hints that she and Kylo join together to cut someone down. Gee where have I seen that before? But like I said I’m a fan and will be there at the end. I just don’t have a lot of hope for a satisfying ending. I’d be happy to be wrong. 
    JaimieTMurderbear
  • The musical score of the trailer is astounding. John Williams is a fucking legend and no matter what happens with the movie. I’ve watched the trailer like 20 times just to listen to the score. It’s just amazing and is so uniquely Star Wars with such a definitely feel that this is the end. Mad props..
    MrX
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited October 23
    It's weird, they already sucked me back in with the previous trailers but this one didn't do much for me. I'm already in, I bought two tickets to take my Dad on Saturday afternoon of opening weekend but I was sort of underwhelmed by this trailer. And I can't really put my finger on why.
    It's weird, they already sucked me back in with the previous trailers but this one didn't do much for me. I'm already in, I bought two tickets to take my Dad on Saturday afternoon of opening weekend but I was sort of underwhelmed by this trailer. And I can't really put my finger on why.

The previous trailers were bananas and this was really reserved in comparison. We got Palpatine laugh, evil Rey, etc. Nothing really happened in this trailer apart from a lot of "we're family, we're friends" meaning shit that a big segment of the fans have gone berserk over, so good move on Disney's part. But there wasn't anything new here. So my theory is that this trailer isn't for you...

(PS. I'm analyzing the business aspect of this, and there's no right or wrong in business, only money. This isn't about the movie.)
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah and that's totally fine. I certainly realize they aren't just making trailers for me (man how great would that be??ha) But I guess it just surprises me they saved the more boring trailer for last. Or at least more boring to me. They obviously know what they are doing so I dare not question the mouse any further.
    JaimieT
    Yeah and that's totally fine. I certainly realize they aren't just making trailers for me (man how great would that be??ha) But I guess it just surprises me they saved the more boring trailer for last. Or at least more boring to me. They obviously know what they are doing so I dare not question the mouse any further.

I mean, I'd argue they have NO IDEA what they're doing (hyperbole!). Disney is brilliant with some of their brands but in comparison is fucking up with Star Wars (hyperbole!). I just think this is their strategy, to end on this "feels" note that apparently didn't speak to you like the cool plot points did. My anecdotal evidence is this is the most hyped I've seen a lot of my friends; the previous trailers didn't seem to touch them. 
    Murderbear
  • Yeah and that's totally fine. I certainly realize they aren't just making trailers for me (man how great would that be??ha) But I guess it just surprises me they saved the more boring trailer for last. Or at least more boring to me. They obviously know what they are doing so I dare not question the mouse any further.
    I have the same feelings as you, this last trailer really didn't do much for me but part of me thinks that's a good thing.  I'm not going into this movie knowing much about what's going to happen and I think that's the best scenario.  I really wish I had the self control to just not watch trailers for movies but I don't.  It seems to be a trend lately for trailers to give more and more of the movie away.  
    Murderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    That Tom Hanks Mr Rogers movie is gonna have a whooooooole lot of adults balling like babies.  
    Freddyksa1001
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    cdrive said:
    That Tom Hanks Mr Rogers movie is gonna have a whooooooole lot of adults balling like babies.  
    Its going to end up being his best role. I'm calling it now.
    cdrive
  • edited October 29
    cdrive said:
    100%, My eyeballs start leaking from the trailer alone. 
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited October 29
    awookiee said:
    I wasn't blown away by any of the trailers and I've never been a die hard Star Wars fan which I think has actually helped with my enjoyment of Star Wars.  I enjoyed The Last Jedi quite a bit and I understand people's criticism of it but I just didn't have the issues with it that most people did.  
    Ditto. Saw it in theaters and liked it. Saw it again on Blu-Ray and enjoyed it even more.

Only other film I was looking forward to

It was originally coming out in Sept then moved to November, I hope that's a good thing.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    ksa1001 said:
    awookiee said:
    I wasn't blown away by any of the trailers and I've never been a die hard Star Wars fan which I think has actually helped with my enjoyment of Star Wars.  I enjoyed The Last Jedi quite a bit and I understand people's criticism of it but I just didn't have the issues with it that most people did.  
    Ditto. Saw it in theaters and liked it. Saw it again on Blu-Ray and enjoyed it even more.

It was originally coming out in Sept then moved to November, I hope that's a good thing.
    If I close my eyes I swear I hear Denzel. 
  • ksa1001 said:
    awookiee said:

I am looking forward to seeing this movie as well.  Has the Russo brothers as producers as well and I have high hopes for this movie.  I'm also looking forward to Terminator Dark Fate this coming out this Friday.  James Cameron is back at the helm as writer and has basically said ignore the last 3 movies that were made, this is the continuation of the story I started to tell that they fucked up (that's me 100% making up and speculating on what he would say if he could speak freely about it).  Tim Miller from Deadpool is directing it and I have pretty high hopes.  Maybe too high for my own good.
    awookiee said:
    ksa1001 said:
    awookiee said:

I am looking forward to seeing this movie as well.  Has the Russo brothers as producers as well and I have high hopes for this movie.  I'm also looking forward to Terminator Dark Fate this coming out this Friday.  James Cameron is back at the helm as writer and has basically said ignore the last 3 movies that were made, this is the continuation of the story I started to tell that they fucked up (that's me 100% making up and speculating on what he would say if he could speak freely about it).  Tim Miller from Deadpool is directing it and I have pretty high hopes.  Maybe too high for my own good.
    You know, I WANT to believe it, but I had my ass in seats day 1 of Terminator 3 (god why?), Terminator Salvation, and Terminator Genisys. Fool me 3 times, shame on you and your franchise. It will be available online in 2.5 months, I'll wait and put it on Plex then.
  • ksa1001 said:
    awookiee said:
    ksa1001 said:
    awookiee said:

You know, I WANT to believe it, but I had my ass in seats day 1 of Terminator 3 (god why?), Terminator Salvation, and Terminator Genisys. Fool me 3 times, shame on you and your franchise. It will be available online in 2.5 months, I'll wait and put it on Plex then.
    But, but, but it's Cameron lol.  I completely understand your hesitation.  Terminator 3, Salvation and especially Genisys were pretty much trash.  I actually just rewatched 3 the other night and didn't hate it nearly as much as I remembered when it first came out.  
    @awookiee
    Lol, I also re-watched w the kids recently, but still, hard pass. They honestly lost me at "talk to the hand"

It was bold in un-doing the "happy" ending of T2, but I LIKED that ending and that movie is vastly superior in every possible way.
  • ksa1001 said:
    @awookiee
    Lol, I also re-watched w the kids recently, but still, hard pass. They honestly lost me at "talk to the hand"

It was bold in un-doing the "happy" ending of T2, but I LIKED that ending and that movie is vastly superior in every possible way.
    T2 is easily the best Terminator movie to date and is definitely in my top 5 action movies of all time.  Yeah the "talk to the hand" was really eye rollingly bad.  I'm excited to see where James Cameron goes with the story of this one and to see what kind of life John Connor had after the events of T2. 
    edited October 29
    awookiee said:
    T2 is easily the best Terminator movie to date and is definitely in my top 5 action movies of all time.  Yeah the "talk to the hand" was really eye rollingly bad.  I'm excited to see where James Cameron goes with the story of this one and to see what kind of life John Connor had after the events of T2. 
    If I had to guess... "Not Great, Bob!"
    Freddy
    Jumanji 2 final trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eiaiVthVrk

More Bethany!
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    check it out. the little fella got a makeover and the internet approves apparently haha

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    looks like the Iron Chef dude from John Wick 3 that was talked about in last weeks lunch is doing a zombie movie..

I was snooping out what Hugh Laurie was doing a few months ago, saw this and got really excited. But this trailer looks... not good. I'll still check it out.
    Freddy
  • JaimieT said:

I was snooping out what Hugh Laurie was doing a few months ago, saw this and got really excited. But this trailer looks... not good. I'll still check it out.
    I saw the trailer yesterday and didn't post it because I'm not sure what kind of show it is. It has such a weird energy and vibe. Usually when I can't tell it means the showrunner can't either.
    edited November 20
    CapeGabe said:
    JaimieT said:

I saw the trailer yesterday and didn't post it because I'm not sure what kind of show it is. It has such a weird energy and vibe. Usually when I can't tell it means the showrunner can't either.

I think the jokes weren't landing, but as for not recognizing the vibe, I know what you mean but that just indicates it's not like other things not that it's bad. I'm kind of giving the sci-fi blend genres a break right now too. They're relatively new. But I hear ya.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

Come the fuck on, Ford. Haven't you already done enough movies about the goodest boy!?