Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dee said:

Hatorian said:

The academy can call it quits. Best picture and best actor already secured.

Plus the best and most scariest tagline ever created.

"Prepare to be visited"

I feel like I just watched the whole movie - that trailer gives so much away.

Did he say a "butt-bump in human evolution?"
    Deenstinson
  • New Dunkirk trailer!

HatorianUnderwood
  • edited May 2017
    Dee said:

KingKobra said:

The Dark Tower Trailer dropped last night...

Holy moly. As much as I love Mr King, I've never gotten into The Dark Tower series. Now I kind of want to rush-read them all before this comes out, because it looks awesome.

How many books are there? And do book fans think a movie is going to be able to do the story justice? (Or are they planning a series of movies?)

I just had this same thought. But I don't know if I can commit to 7 books lol
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @jazzminawa Haha, yeah - I'm looking at my huge to read pile and thinking, maybe I'll just watch the movie and be done with it.
    I swear, Cilian Murphy looks exactly the same as he did 20 years ago. 
  • Blade Runner 2049 new trailer!

FernNYC17Hatorianjazzminawa[Deleted User]
    Those visuals are absolutely amazing. I am excited about this one.
  • This looks fire. Do I need to see the original beforehand? Should I?
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah

This looks fire. Do I need to see the original beforehand? Should I?

well its a classic so you should see it regardless. but it definitely appears there is at least continuity of universe so probably would be helpful to see.
  • @Hatorian Okay, will do. I was born some time after it came out so I was never introduced to it haha but I like sci-fi well enough and young Harrison Ford is bae. 
    Hatorian
    Hatorian said:

This looks fire. Do I need to see the original beforehand? Should I?

well its a classic so you should see it regardless. but it definitely appears there is at least continuity of universe so probably would be helpful to see.
    Yeah, I'd agree. I need to go and rewatch it as a primer for this. Its hard to know how much they will hold your hand. I seem to remember its predecessor kind of throwing you into the mix without too much warning. 
    Hatorian
    Can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth but the Baywatch movie looks hilarious and good.

http://uproxx.com/movies/baywatch-red-band-trailer/
    nstinson
  • @jazzminawa, @Garthgou81, I commissioned the Final cut version of the original. It's my favorite film of all time.
    KingKobra
  • @sean.ray oh awesome!! When is that supposed to be coming out?
  • 2049 comes out Oct. 6th. My commison of Final Cut is currently 22nd. So I would guess late this year or early next.
  • sean.ray said:

2049 comes out Oct. 6th. My commison of Final Cut is currently 22nd. So I would guess late this year or early next.

Neevvveeerrrrrr :p Jim and ARon are now replicants. Commissions do not look like anything to them.

Btw excellent pick (thumbs up).
  • edited May 2017
    Emoji Movie:

I don't know what we're doing anymore.
    Mofojones333
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Um what.

Breaking Bad cross-over at 1:22!
    amyja89
  • amyja89 said:

Um what.

This is.... bizarre. All the great actors in it has me thinking it can't be as ridiculous as I think, otherwise they wouldn't have participated in it. Right?
  • So this is cool - the next Sony/Marvel co-production is going to be a Venom movie, starring Tom Hardy and directed by Rueben Fleischer (Zombieland). I may be in full comic movie fatigue by next fall, but this definitely has potential. If the new Spidey movie is good I'll definitely be excited for this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-tom-hardy-star-ruben-fleischer-direct-1004115
  • edited May 2017
    The review embargo just broke and Wonder Woman is sitting at a lofty 96% on Rottentomatoes!!!

I'm happy that my preordered tickets won't go to waste. This is great news for the DCEU.

rhcoop
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn

The review embargo just broke and Wonder Woman is sitting at a lofty 96% on Rottentomatoes!!!

I'm happy that my preordered tickets won't go to waste. This is great news for the DCEU.

I'm pretty excited for it too.  I'm going Thursday night.  I wonder if it will lead into JLA at all or if this will be a completely stand alone story.  

I actually liked MOS and BvS, but having Whedon coming on to help finish JLA is probably a good thing, regardless of the terrible circumstances that lead to his larger involvement.

Hopefully this is the start of good things for DC and we can have 2 critically and commercially viable comic movie universes. 
    darwinfeeshy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    amyja89 said:

Um what.

Srsly, tho.  And it's written and directed by a dude whose first name is "Bong"
    Mofojones333
    edited June 2017
    District 9 director is doing some weird mini movie series called Oats studio. Looks crazy but good. Sort of like black mirror.

Mofojones333
  • Tom Cruise and Doug Liman's latest collaboration "American Made" looks awesome-
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 2017
    Black Panther trailer just dropped. I think this is the Marvel movie I'm most looking forward to. Michael B Jordan's character looks awesome!

darwinfeeshyphoenyx1023
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I am super keen for Detroit. It looks amazing. 

• First short story of the Oats studio dropped today. "Rakka" Pretty high quality stuff with a few big name actors". It's almost like a 20 minute trailer. Apparently the idea is if the feedback and interest is high enough some of these short stories will be turned into full blown productions.