Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• @Hatorian- Neil Blomkamp made that. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but am so excited to see it, I'm really impressed w/ Blomkamp's work.
  • Haven't seen any mention of the big news from yesterday: Lord and Miller have left the Han Solo prequel for "creative differences" i.e. they were fired.

Sounds like they were getting similar pressure that happened to Rogue One, where Disney wanted re-shoots to better fit it into the Star Wars extended universe. Except in that case Garreth Edwards stayed on, I guess Lord and Miller weren't comfortable enough w/ the changes to their vision.

Pretty worrying considering how much of it has already been shot and it's coming out in less than a year. I think Rogue One turned out well despite all the drama about re-shoots, but I think the original director staying on meant at least he could maintain some level of cohesiveness. With the directors in this case flat out leaving, I would imagine it will be more of a challenge. Which is a bummer because the cast is pretty good (Donald Glover in Star Wars!!).

• Yeah, that's pretty crazy.  21 & 22 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Lego Movie... fired.  Not that I would necessarily consider Lord and Miller auteurs, but it is a little disheartening seeing Disney double down on this "Star Wars feel" thing.  One of the exciting things about expanding the universe was telling different stories with different styles... only to fire the guy who wanted to make a war movie and fire the guys who wanted to make more of a comedy.  Who knows what untold hells Rian Johnson is dealing with.
  • GredalBee said:

Yeah, that's pretty crazy.  21 & 22 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Lego Movie... fired.  Not that I would necessarily consider Lord and Miller auteurs, but it is a little disheartening seeing Disney double down on this "Star Wars feel" thing.  One of the exciting things about expanding the universe was telling different stories with different styles... only to fire the guy who wanted to make a war movie and fire the guys who wanted to make more of a comedy.  Who knows what untold hells Rian Johnson is dealing with.

Everything I've read says that Rian Johnson has had  been able to keep pretty wide control over The Last Jedi, and that the studio has been happy with it ... so win win? I hope?
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited July 2017
    Trailer for "Awaken" is very nice to look at. That fucking M83 song gets me every time - I recall there was a time-lapse HD Yosemite video set to it that was also amazing.

Awaken appears a documentary in the spirit of "Baraka" (I think there was a sequel to it a few years ago also) that just lets the visuals of the world speak for themselves. Might need a better tv and sound system for this one.

• Ready Player One Trailer Just Dropped
    I think it fulfills criteria for BM first run. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/
  • Wont be out till March 2018, gives me plenty of time to read the book
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited July 2017
    Thor Ragnarok trailer from ComicCon is pretty dope. While the Thor stand alone movies have been one of the weaker threads in the MCU (I think 1 is fun but not great, and 2 is crap), I'm pretty hopeful that this one will break the mold, especially with Taika Waititi at the helm. And it's very "Heavy Metal," which, hey, why not?!

cdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    getting a Coen brothers vibe..

• Well that's because they wrote it. ;)
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    amyja89 said:

Um what.

am I the only one that thinks this looks really good?
    Hatorian said:

Well that's because they wrote it. ;)

haha well that'll teach me to finish the entire trailer, credits n all :)

Hatorian

amyja89 said:

Um what.

am I the only one that thinks this looks really good?
    i started watching that last week. fell asleep (not cause it was boring, i was just beat). i dug what i did see and going into it blind it was a pleasant surprise when Jake Gyllenhaal showed up. i'll try to finish it up this weekend.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:

getting a Coen brothers vibe..

The Yellow King from True Detective!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    silly little horror Groundhog Day? why not?

• http://screenrant.com/problem-with-apu-trailer-simpsons/

not sure what to think of this. Not going to jump to conclusions but very surprised that a bunch of comedians would make a serious documentary on this. Wonder if it's going to be sarcastic. If not then it's a bit ridiculous that people that make their money and living off making fun of people and stereotypes(van wilder, Kal pen) would actually complain about a TV show that's written to show and make fun of stereotypes of American living.
    @Hatorian - i'll check that out for sure. i think it'll be a combo of serious with sarcasm. sorta like the 'Indians on TV'  episode of Master of None.

i watched A Ghost Story today (i definitely have some choice words on that film) and saw this trailer, looks fun:

stevenduran1240
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Oh man, this looks good:

Hatorian
  • @Freddy interesting concept! I thought it was going to get dark as soon as they got "small" but now I'm intrigued.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 2017
    Wes Anderson trailer, "Isle of Dogs", about, yes, an island of dogs. Dogs are voiced by all kinds of great actors, including:

Bryan Cranston, Scarlett Johansson, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Jeff Goldblum, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, and a bunch more.

I liked The Fantastic Mr. Fox, will definitely be catching this.

KingKobra
  • Netflix has a new horror/crime flick in October starring Thomas Jane, titled "1922". Based on the Stephen King Novella of the same name. Looks creepy. 

• Netflix has a new horror/crime flick in October starring Thomas Jane, titled "1922". Based on the Stephen King Novella of the same name. Looks creepy. 

King's short stories and Novellas are my favorite. I am very excied for any adaptation! :)

This is one of my favorite podcast's. So to see it translated to the screen should be intresting :) And just in time for Halloween!! I am so jazzed about the Halloween content were about to have  - a King adaptation, Stranger Things, Lore. GIMME ALL THAT SPOOKY SHIT
  • Also...

P.T. Anderson is coming out with a new film this December...yeah I head no idea either. It has no trailer, no teaser, no poster (I mean goddamn, look at it's imdb page!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8979019/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1) This shit comes out in a matter of months! IMDB has no title for it, but it will be called "Phantom Thread"

The only thing out there you can find about it is the description, "Set in the fashion world of 1950s London, a dressmaker is commissioned to design for members of high society and the royal family."

It has Daniel Day Lewis (in what will be his last role apparently) and the amazing British actress Lesley Manville, and then a bunch of people I have never heard of. So colored me intrigued and excited and confued but excited :D
  • edited September 2017
    aberry89 said:

Also...

P.T. Anderson is coming out with a new film this December...yeah I head no idea either.
    Hope it's better than Inherent Vice :-/
  • edited September 2017
    Red Sparrow - Atomic Blonde meets The Americans.   Featuring J-Law.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    1922 is a super creepy story. I'd maybe not watch that trailer though...it gives away a lot. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'm super excited about Battle Of The Sexes, I'm a huge tennis fan and was kind of obsessed with Billie Jean King growing up!

• First Annihilation trailer looks fantastic. Cast and director are great.