Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• Chinaski said: I
    Brieanne said:
    Paramount Network used to be Spike TV.
    well i'll be damned! just happened yesterday, interesting.
    Yea I guess with everything going on they realized marketing a network as essentially "bro tv" wasn't the best business strategy in 2018.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    here's another:

FreddyHatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    ^^^Ha ha ha. That looks exceptionally bad. Look out "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles", your spot as worst in the series is under threat.
    is it just me or do you get the sense that Danny McBride hates sleeves?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Chinaski said:
    is it just me or do you get the sense that Danny McBride hates sleeves?
    From the looks of that trailer, he hates the idea of not being considered as unoriginal and unfunny as Adam Sandler.
  • edited January 2018
    As people guessed, the Dundee film turned out to be fake.

"sources have confirmed that the elaborate promotional push for Dundee is part of a new Tourism Australia campaign — one that calls back to the 1984 ads starring Crocodile Dundee himself, Paul Hogan."

http://screencrush.com/truth-behind-mcbride-dundee-movie/
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    As people guessed, the Dundee film turned out to be fake.

"sources have confirmed that the elaborate promotional push for Dundee is part of a new Tourism Australia campaign — one that calls back to the 1984 ads starring Crocodile Dundee himself, Paul Hogan."

http://screencrush.com/truth-behind-mcbride-dundee-movie/
    As ever, Australian ad execs are 25 years behind the times. I don’t think Crocodile Dundee is really a selling point to come here in 2018. 
    darwinfeeshy
  • when i was in the US visiting family I had to watch Danny McBride wearing a Mountain Dew race suit drinking a Mountain Dew like 300 times. Swear that commercial was on 5 times ever hour. 
  • Looking forward to this one:

ChinaskiFreddyMofojones333
    MrX said:
    Looking forward to this one:

yes please! looks dope 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Fuck, that looks great and also heart-breaking. It is bringing back my The Wrestler feels. I heard the amount Andre drank, as mentioned in the trailer, was pretty astronomical. I never really put it together that it was to numb the pain that he put his body through all the time. 
  • edited January 2018

Unsane looks really good. It's not the most unique of topics, but I'm a longtime fan of Soderbergh and also a sucker for the theme of "I don't know if I can trust my own mind". Really looking forward to this.
    Also, apparently shot entirely with an iPhone camera.
    That looks very upsetting. And also @A_Ron_Hubbard's worst nightmare. 
    Also, this has been getting fantastic reviews. It is master-class in trailer editing as well.

• The Marvel sausage-factory keeps on cranking out very enjoyable looking comic book sausage.

Glad we'll be getting much more Evangeline Lilly in this one. Could've used more Michael Pena and T.I. in the trailer though! And no Michelle Pfeiffer, I guess they're saving her for a "big reveal"

• Also, this has been getting fantastic reviews. It is master-class in trailer editing as well.

I just saw this preview, and came here to post about it!   :)
    Can't. Wait. !!!  This looks so good!  And Toni Collette is amazing!
  • edited February 2018
    SHHEEEEEEIIIIIT.

JaimieTApril_May_JuneMofojones333
  • SHHEEEEEEIIIIIT.

They already made an Oscar worthy movie that broke the rotten tomatoes meter ages ago. Why mess with perfection?

April_May_JunedarwinfeeshySepta Nutella
  • Hatorian said:
    SHHEEEEEEIIIIIT.

They already made an Oscar worthy movie that broke the rotten tomatoes meter ages ago. Why mess with perfection?

Goomba!

April_May_JuneawookieeMofojones333Kinnycdrive
  • MrX said:

That looks really good, I just watched the Ric Flair 30 for 30, also highly recommended 
    adobo1148 said:
    MrX said:

That looks really good, I just watched the Ric Flair 30 for 30, also highly recommended 
    that Flair 30 for 30 was really well done. i totally recommend as well!
  • Great analysis on the new Han Solo movie trailers and the movie itself. (SPOILERS!!!)

darwinfeeshyJaimieT
  • Man. Deadpool just keeps nailling it!

also the synopsis is hilarious...

"After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover"

• Kendrick Lamar's Black Panther soundtrack was released yesterday. Tuco best sums up my thoughts on the album:

Chinaski
    edited February 2018
    well this kinda made my day. regardless of what it ends up being..

• Fahrenheit 451, HBO, Michael B. Jordan & Michael Shannon. Yup.

cdrivehisdudeness915

• Chinaski said:

Can't wait for the new Wreck it Ralph.  Definitely one of my favorite animated movies over the past couple years.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm super curious about the press embargo for A Wrinkle in Time. Tomorrow we find out why.