Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• JaimieT said:
    I'm super curious about the press embargo for A Wrinkle in Time. Tomorrow we find out why. 
    Yes I've been seeing hints on Twitter that it might not be good. Bummer if true, loved the book as a kid. I'll still rent when it comes out on streaming regardless.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    MrX said:
    JaimieT said:
    I'm super curious about the press embargo for A Wrinkle in Time. Tomorrow we find out why. 
    Yes I've been seeing hints on Twitter that it might not be good. Bummer if true, loved the book as a kid. I'll still rent when it comes out on streaming regardless.

Yikes, not good reviews. Ruh-roh. Probably skipping this one...
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 2018
    Lol "from the studio that brought you 27 Dresses and The Devil Wears Prada"

Also this is gonna be the summer of Josh Brolin apparently.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That was a fantastic trailer...but I wish I didn't watch it. I feel like they showed me too much. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @MrX Otherwise known as the "Brolinvigoration"
  • probably will end up as a B movie but dig the premise...have a super AI inside you that can take over and fuck shit up

edited April 2018
    Thats some Evil Dead II-Bruce Campbell level of body movement. Crazy. I could easily see it as enjoyable as something like a Crank-type of movie. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited April 2018
    I guess James Franco can do what he wants and have fun playing all sorts of crazy roles. But I just don't get how you go from award winner for best actor to this....

"I think I want me a robot."

Also, Milla Jovich really does love these action'y, grenre stuff, doesn't she? More power to her, I suppose. 
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY

oh man if this isn't a first run bald movie i don't know what it. J/K maybe more of a live watch but still looks cool
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 2018
    ^^^Just saw the trailer this morning. They should do a special Bald Move TV podcast the night this comes out; just to announce that when The Meg comes to FX or wherever, they'll do a live watch complete with making fun of the commercials.
  • "I think I want me a robot."

Also, Milla Jovich really does love these action'y, grenre stuff, doesn't she? More power to her, I suppose. 
    Yes Jovovich does like those roles but she does a damn good job in my opinion. Overall I enjoyed the resident evil series. I never really played the games but the movies were entertaining as hell.

I don't know what to think of that movie. It seems like Mad Max meets the TV show HUMANS on AMC. They even called them synths. I think it looks like an interesting idea but you throw in Franco and Snoop dog, or is it Snoop Lion still, and I think that puts me off enough to probably dollar box it at most.
  • Holy grimdark Jim Carrey batman!

mjmullady
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    The new Venom trailer dropped last night.  I like Venom the character and I like Tom Hardy.  Sign me up.

• cdrive said:
    The new Venom trailer dropped last night.  I like Venom the character and I like Tom Hardy.  Sign me up.

What exactly is the accent Tom Hardy is going for here? It's truly bizarre.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @MrX Wow is he attempting a Christian Slater?!?!!?
  • Ok I found the initial Venom teaser to be underwhelming, but damn did that 2nd trailer look a lot better or what? I'm still not sure what to expect on the quality of the final product but it's certainly on my radar now.

Questions though. What happens if this movie turns out really good and makes money? Does anyone know if there can be a scenario where Marvel Studios can negotiate to bring this version of Venom into the MCU fold if this movie's plot doesn't conflict with their continuity? Because damn, Tom Hardy as Venom is still unreal casting. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited April 2018
    Although not a perfect movie, Aladdin is my favorite Disney animated film. I'm looking forward to the live action version, and I have passionate thoughts. I thought this was funny from this article:

"Aladdin” will also get a feminist makeover. Princess Jasmine, who in the 1992 animated film, had little to do save for moon about the palace, is made of tougher stuff in this version. Naomi Scott, who plays the role in the live-action version, said that in the remake “Jasmine is strong and speaks her own mind.”

Fuck off with this "feminist makeover" bullshit about the Disney Renaissance movies. Princess Jasmine is perfectly "feminist" in the animated film. Strong and speaks her own mind? Yep, sounds about right. 

Also let's consider all the feminists I know IRL who are boring as fuck LIKE THAT MAKES A GOOD CHARACTER.

"Has little to do"? Oh, like she climbs over a fucking wall and is confused by currency and almost has her hand cut off and INSTIGATES THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE FILM?

Like how the guards are dragging her off and she isn't like, Maybe I should tread carefully here, she's like "UNHAND HIM BY ORDER OF THE PRINCESS"?

Like when Jafar and Aladdin are going back and forth about who she'll want to bone, she comes into the room and is like FUCK. YOU. FUCK ALL OF YOU. and turns on her ankle and sashays away?

Or like when Aladdin is nervous about the wedding announcement and she gussies him up, takes none of his shit excuses, and SHOVES HIM TO THE WOLVES?

All right, those got progressively less important to the plot of the story, but she shows herself to be quite independent throughout. And the movie is fucking named ALADDIN not JASMINE.

Jasmine is just fine, thankyouverymuch.
  • cdrive said:

Holy crap! the location they filmed in the beginning of the trailer when he's interviewing the main doctor is where I used to work in Atlanta. I recognize those elevators.  That's super cool! 
    cdriveDee
  • Didn't know there was another Predator movie coming out - "The Predator" - until the trailer came out - but it could be fun since the director is Shane Black who makes fun, witty movies with slick action (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, The Nice Guys), and the cast includes the white dude from Narcos, Sterling K Brown, Olivia Munn, Keegan Michael Key, Alfie Allen, Edward James Olmos, and Thomas Jane.

edited May 2018
    Trailer was super underwhelming and Shane Black directed the worst Marvel movie to date. I’m not excited about this at all and I’m like Dennis and MAC on it’s always sunny where Predator is watched religiously. The body mass alone....
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i forgot shane black directed IM3 <giant mouth fart sound>
    Yea, they also confirmed its supposed to have a lighter tone with more comedy. What?? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. Predator should be one of two things. Either a horror thriller or a full out balls to the wall action. 

It it should not be let’s see how many wise cracks and laughs we can get in a movie about a murderous hunting alien hell bent on killing superior or equal beings. 
    Chinaski
    Shane Black did not direct Thor 2: The Dark World. 
    ChinaskiMrX
  • Shane Black did not direct Thor 2: The Dark World. 

Nor did he direct Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    It is sort of a testament to Marvel's films that while all those that you mentioned @MrX are forgettable to a degree, but each at least has a moment that is pretty decent. There are some that are dull, but nothing that is just utter garbage like so much of the comic stuff we got before is MCU renaissance. 
    MrX
    MrX said:

Nor did he direct Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    I’d watch all of those movies 5 times before having to watch IM3. And I don’t count Hulk even if it’s consider canon or not. 
    The mandarin plot is on par with the Happening. They could have made him so bad ass and his videos about terror were chilling. Then they throw it all alway and make him be some actor. I’m a huge comic fan and it’s a tie between the biggest injustice in superhero portrayal between IM3 Mandarin and deadpool in Wolverine origins
    MrX said:

Hulk I don’t count.

IM2 had the best black Widow to date and Justin Hammer. Sam Rockwell alone was worth the ticket price. 

Age of Ultron was a let down but it extended the story, introduced phase 2 and vital characters and gave us hulk buster vs hulk.

Dark world wasn’t great but they built up Loki and set his arc to be redeemed but yea it’s definitely a weak one.

GOG2 was a great movie. Think maybe just expectations were too high from the first one. Not sure why you would even consider putting that near IM3. 

• MrXMrX CO
    edited May 2018
    Hatorian said:
    MrX said:

Hulk I don’t count.

IM2 had the best black Widow to date and Justin Hammer. Sam Rockwell alone was worth the ticket price. 

Age of Ultron was a let down but it extended the story, introduced phase 2 and vital characters and gave us hulk buster vs hulk.

Dark world wasn’t great but they built up Loki and set his arc to be redeemed but yea it’s definitely a weak one.

GOG2 was a great movie. Think maybe just expectations were too high from the first one. Not sure why you would even consider putting that near IM3. 

I think Black Widow had better arcs in Avengers 1 and Winter Solider.

I do need to see Guardians 2 again. Only saw it once in theaters and was underwhelmed and thought large parts of it were kind of a mess, but it probably would make for a fun rewatch.

I dunno I guess the Loki stuff in Thor 2 was fine, didn't really resonate with me though. I think the most memorable parts of that movie for me were Stellan Skarsgard and Kat Dennings.

All the action in Ultron was fine but ultimately just kindof uninteresting to me, maybe cool at first viewing but hasn't held up well in rewatches, even the Hulkbuster fight.

I understand the issues with the Mandarin in IM3 but for me Ben Kingsley gave a fun performance with the twist on the character so I was digging it. The Guy Pearce stuff was weak but no worse than your generic Marvel villan plot. I'm not saying it's a top tier Marvel movie but I also don't think it's bottom of the barrel.