Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I really would not put it past Marvel to bring in a "real" Mandarin at some point. I agree that I wasn't happy with how that all played out, it was a letdown. But outside of that, I thought it was a pretty fun flick with great Shane Black dialogue. 
    MrX
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Hatorian said:
    Trailer was super underwhelming and Shane Black directed the worst Marvel movie to date. I’m not excited about this at all and I’m like Dennis and MAC on it’s always sunny where Predator is watched religiously. The body mass alone....
    Big fan of Predator, but I'm the rare breed that likes Predator 2 more. My dream home is the Columbian drug lords penthouse. For now I'm thinking of tracking down one of these bad boys and sticking it in one of my vents:
    But yeah, the new Predator looks like shit.
  • MrX said:
    Hatorian said:
    MrX said:
    Shane Black did not direct Thor 2: The Dark World. 

Nor did he direct Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    Hulk I don’t count.

IM2 had the best black Widow to date and Justin Hammer. Sam Rockwell alone was worth the ticket price. 

Age of Ultron was a let down but it extended the story, introduced phase 2 and vital characters and gave us hulk buster vs hulk.

Dark world wasn’t great but they built up Loki and set his arc to be redeemed but yea it’s definitely a weak one.

GOG2 was a great movie. Think maybe just expectations were too high from the first one. Not sure why you would even consider putting that near IM3. 

I think Black Widow had better arcs in Avengers 1 and Winter Solider.

I do need to see Guardians 2 again. Only saw it once in theaters and was underwhelmed and thought large parts of it were kind of a mess, but it probably would make for a fun rewatch.

I dunno I guess the Loki stuff in Thor 2 was fine, didn't really resonate with me though. I think the most memorable parts of that movie for me were Stellan Skarsgard and Kat Dennings.

All the action in Ultron was fine but ultimately just kindof uninteresting to me, maybe cool at first viewing but hasn't held up well in rewatches, even the Hulkbuster fight.

I understand the issues with the Mandarin in IM3 but for me Ben Kingsley gave a fun performance with the twist on the character so I was digging it. The Guy Pearce stuff was weak but no worse than your generic Marvel villan plot. I'm not saying it's a top tier Marvel movie but I also don't think it's bottom of the barrel. 

Over the past couple months I've rewatched all the Marvel movies leading up to Infinity War.  I 100% recommend a rewatch of Guardians 2.  I thought the same exact thing.  I hadn't seen it since theaters and was somewhat dreading it but on rewatch I thought it was hilarious and had quite a bit of fun watching it.  David Bautista to me hands down makes that movie.  There were definitely some jokes that didn't hit the mark but there were so many that did that I didn't dwell on them at all because I was already laughing at the next one.  
    MrX
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @freddy will appreciate this

10 hour Netflix doc on MJ? yes please.

HatorianJoshuaHeter
  • Chinaski said:
    10 hour Netflix doc on MJ? yes please.

Hell yes!!

Hatorian
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    looks interesting. like Who Framed roger rabbit but with puppets and R rated

Hatorian
  • edited June 2018
    Another Jungle Book reboot.

Why, Warner Bros.? WHY?!?!?

• edited May 2018
    I retroactively understand Batman v. Superman and why it sucked so much more, now. Snyder totally seems like an Ayn Rand Bro.
    darwinfeeshyDee
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    FernNYC17 said:

Its nice to see Hollywood is finally using nothing but the worst jokes from the movie in their trailers. Oh wait... Yeah, that looks pretty bad. Love the idea of using puppets. Just looks like they used all the good comedy writer money on puppet gags and Melissa McCarthy's salary.
  • FernNYC17 said:

So basically "Meet the Feebles" ?
  • Wreck-It Ralph 2 looks pretty good. Looks like a huge Disney mash-up.

They're just beating us over the head with their giant media dicks.

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Wreck-It Ralph 2 looks pretty good. Looks like a huge Disney mash-up.

I hope this leads to a Disney Princess movie.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    MrX said:
    FernNYC17 said:

So basically "Meet the Feebles" ?
    With muppet Munch. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I retroactively understand Batman v. Superman and why it sucked so much more, now. Snyder totally seems like an Ayn Rand Bro.
    Yes, this is very unsurprising. 
  • JaimieT said:

I'm quite excited about this movie.  I enjoyed the 1st one quite a bit and the amount of things they can include with this movie now is remarkable.  I'm hoping the best stuff wasn't in the trailers but regardless I'll definitely be seeing this.
    edited June 2018
    JaimieT said:

I'm quite excited about this movie.  I enjoyed the 1st one quite a bit and the amount of things they can include with this movie now is remarkable.  I'm hoping the best stuff wasn't in the trailers but regardless I'll definitely be seeing this.

While I'm a huge Disney Animation fan, Wreck-It Ralph is probably my least favorite of its recent endeavors. It's kind of in the same vein as Zootopia. A little too techie, but WIR is the worse offender. (I know this criticism is entirely subjective.)

So I'll be seeing this movie for the Princesses. I watched that clip like 10 times last night, pausing frequently. :neutral:
    so a late 50's/early 60's (not sure how old he was suppose to be in the original) Michael Meyers?

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh man how did I just now find out about Hereditary!? And from the people who gave us The Witch!
    My mom wanted to watch the boys so we could go see Solo, but now I'm definitely swapping Solo for Hereditary.  

And also this looks cool:

KingKobra
  • Chinaski said:
    so a late 50's/early 60's (not sure how old he was suppose to be in the original) Michael Meyers?

Too bad Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross aren't doing the score (although John Carpenter is so that's just as dope).

edited June 2018
    cdrive said:
    Oh man how did I just now find out about Hereditary!? And from the people who gave us The Witch!
    My mom wanted to watch the boys so we could go see Solo, but now I'm definitely swapping Solo for Hereditary.  

Oh man for a second you made me think this was Robert Eggers. Now THAT I would skip Solo for. But I think I'm still seeing Solo a second time (although this is tantalizing...).

cdrive
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    JaimieT said:
    cdrive said:

Oh man for a second you made me think this was Robert Eggers. Now THAT I would skip Solo for. But I think I'm still seeing Solo a second time (although this is tantalizing...).

He is working on a movie called The Lighthouse. According to IMDB: "The story of an aging lighthouse keeper named Old who lives in early 20th-century Maine." I can't wait, but that synopsis is very...brief. 
    JaimieT
  • https://YouTube.com/O9Y7DTCn7Cc

Looks really good. I’m guessing this is basically a remake of The Right Stuff. 
    Chinaski
  • edited June 2018
    Live action Dumbo by none other than Tim Burton:

https://YouTube.com/watch?v=oO_Z6idwfAg
    Chinaski
    KingKobra said:

I'm a huge Disney animation fan... I just rewatched this movie last year. "Beyond the Trailer" on YT said this, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought she was right... Dumbo doesn't look like he might fly! The hand-drawn animation lent him a weightless quality. I just think this might not fly, pun intended, outside of the original medium.

Also I hope they don't do something stupid like make the feather give him the ability to fly.
    saw it this am. i got the the tim burton Big Fish vibe.
  • JaimieT said:
    KingKobra said:

I'm a huge Disney animation fan... I just rewatched this movie last year. "Beyond the Trailer" on YT said this, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought she was right... Dumbo doesn't look like he might fly! The hand-drawn animation lent him a weightless quality. I just think this might not fly, pun intended, outside of the original medium.

Also I hope they don't do something stupid like make the feather give him the ability to fly.
    If I do see it, I’m going to try and take my nostalgia glasses off. Much like his Charlie and Alice it will have a different tone of telling the same story. I’m not sure I have a problem with a magic elephant that can fly ;) if anything the live action might make it more magical (due to the added weight of the CGI). 
    edited June 2018
    KingKobra said:
    JaimieT said:
    KingKobra said:

If I do see it, I’m going to try and take my nostalgia glasses off. Much like his Charlie and Alice it will have a different tone of telling the same story. I’m not sure I have a problem with a magic elephant that can fly ;) if anything the live action might make it more magical (due to the added weight of the CGI). 

I thought it was a pretty nitpicky criticism when I first heard it too. Not to imply you'll come around or anything. :)
    KingKobra