712 - "Say Yes"

Directed by: Greg Nicotero

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Unfortunately, there will be no LiveWatch tonight, as your Slingbox is mysteriously refusing to stream the episode to us live.  I don't get it, I can see the stream on my phone, the desktop just refuses to connect.

I have every confidence we'll be back with the LiveWatch next week.
    Vasilnate1Michelle
  • I'm not sure what to think of this so far
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Why would you waste rounds on a game show when you could have taken out a few more walkers. Unless of course michonne is really just a terrible sniper
  • r0ck44r0ck44 Fairborn, Ohio
    Did we really just have a Glen dumpster moment with Rick
    C0915MurderbearCorymanhattnik
  • r0ck44r0ck44 Fairborn, Ohio
    edited March 2017

I'm not sure what to think of this so far

A steamy pile of crap
    r0ck44 said:

I'm not sure what to think of this so far

A steamy pile of crap
    Thats what rick and michonne would have to take after eating all that food for the first time in ages
    r0ck44manhattnik
    Would a car with flat tyres roll that far? I really wouldnt think it would get anywhere near there
    C0915
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    Glad I decided to watch Chicago Justice instead of TWD. They just reached back to season 1 episode 1 of Law and Order to create an interesting character arc, and connect the two show universes. 
  • Sasha says on one condition..."SAY MY NAME, BITCH" (my internal dialogue to Rosita)
    Dylan Bmanhattnik
  • Well this was a garbage episode. Would have been comedy gold for the live cast. Can't wait for podcast. Although I'm concerned this will be the last season bald move covers as it doesn't seem to be getting better. I enjoy the comedic commentary on what used to be my favorite show.
    C0915
    Man all out war better have some pay off, whats the chance they yada yada it like they did the first 9 days in FTWD?
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Maybe it's a blessing Jim and Aron couldn't watch this live. I feel like this episode could be the last straw for bald move coverage. Literally nothing happened. If anyone is reading this who hasn't seen the episode then you could totally just punt this one and skip it all together and not miss anything. This is all that happens; Rick finds some guns and Rosita and Sasha have a plan...that's it
  • While not a good episode, they got weapons and we "know" Tara will be talking about Oceanside (next week). I do agree that this was much more of a character(s) episode than plot episode, so it didn't advance the story much. Not sure I would call it garbage, or that "nothing happened". Like usual there are small stangnat episodes before we start ramping up to finale.
  • GinaMarie113GinaMarie113 Chicago, IL
    What in THEE hell was up with that fake ass deer? Seriously, at this point we don't have enough funds for decent CGI? This was awful.
    MichelleHatorianawarsameJTKIIIKela15MurderbearmanhattnikDoubleA_Ron
  • awarsameawarsame United Kingdom
    This episode reminds me of 6x10 last season where there was a similar focus on specific characters and new/old relationships. I don't think this was a terrible episode (we've seen far worse unfortunately). So, whilst there wasn't any 'major' plot progression, it was nice seeing Rick and Michonne smile.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Agreed, that deer was unforgivable.

I will say though, Michonne was all of us when she thought the walkers were eating Rick. If/when that time ever comes, it is going to be rough.

Other than that, yeah, this episode sucked.
  • We need more guns.

Sigh
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    edited March 2017
    Doesn't look like the Romulan ambassador improved her Earthling English skills in the time being.

More guns...make spaceship...go home
    r0ck44
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 2017
    I don't think any amazing season finale can save this season.
    TaraC73
  • No live watch? I'll happily skip that one.
  • I can just tell what the episode was like from these comments. I'm a huge fan of this franchise but I'm really getting sick and tired of slow episodes, there's just no reason for doing that other then budget.
  • mwspiak said:

Maybe it's a blessing Jim and Aron couldn't watch this live. I feel like this episode could be the last straw for bald move coverage. Literally nothing happened. If anyone is reading this who hasn't seen the episode then you could totally just punt this one and skip it all together and not miss anything. This is all that happens; Rick finds some guns and Rosita and Sasha have a plan...that's it

Just "Say No" to this episode.
  • Was anyone else laughing at the scene where Michonne thought Rick was a goner? I mean come on, there was no chance in hell Rick was being eating alive. We've seen this PATHETIC trick by the writers one too many times. It's sad how the writers of this show are so tone deaf to the criticism of the show. They got hammered for the Glenn dumpster scene and than they double down with this Rick scene. Hilarious! I'm one to believe it's a fuck you to the audience and they're saying they don't give a shit about what we think. Sad!
    manhattnikr0ck44
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    I need me a Michonne and Carol scene at this point! They both need to bring the balls to this season pronto!
  • If any one garbage pail kid would for ONE SECOND break the act, it would make it so much more bearable. Not that it would suddenly be less irritating, but as many have mentioned, this is around three years into the ZA. They aren't far enough removed from society to have verbally regressed that much, believably, even for TWD.
    Dee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    What was worse? The dialogue?  
    (Rick & Michonne - "We should go back, let's stay a little longer, We should go back, let's stay a little longer"
    Tara & Rosita "We need guns, We need a lot of guns, We need guns")

Or was that CGI deer worse?

Or how about Rick's "Glen Dumpster" moment?  
    JTKIIIKela15r0ck44DoubleA_Ron
  • TimKTimK Grand Rapids, MI
    Damn that was an awful episode. I can't believe how long they are dragging this shit out. The CGI deer was a fucking joke. Rick and Michonne's antics were uninteresting and the dialogue was awful... "Guns like that, that's why we're out here." Wow, good thing you explained that to Michonne. After several days on the road she was probably curious as to the nature of your mission.

And in what universe does Rick bring every single gun that they found to the garbage people and then negotiate as to how many his group gets to keep for themselves? So stupid, obviously they would have kept the guns they needed before bringing the rest to the dump.
    JTKIIITheEconomistmanhattnik
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 2017
    @TimK The "Contrived Drama" universe. Otherwise known as the "write characters to be exceptionally and uncharacteristically dumb in order to create problems for them to solve later" story telling method. The Walking Dead is the gold plated standard of this.
  • It would have been a fine episode if it were enough guns to please the Star Trek people. Having them say it wasn't enough basically rendered everything that happened completely useless. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I mean, it got them most of the way there when it comes to the gun situation and all that food will probably come in very handy next time Negan comes around for a pickup.
This discussion has been closed.