Cincinnati Burrito Meetup

For anyone who might not be listening to the Watching Dead podcast or LWJ&A, we're having a meetup in Cincinnati! 

It's on Saturday, March 18th from 1:00 - 3:00pm at the 16-Bit Barcade (address below).  There will be 20 burritos worth of ingredients at the event.  They're all free and first-come-first-served.  It's a barcade which means full bar plus about 40 arcade machines on freeplay.  We'll just be hanging out and socializing with people.  It's open to everyone so feel free to swing by and say hi!

16-Bit
1331 Walnut Street 
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Comments

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    Man, You should try and get Chipotle to sponsor the Bald Move: North American Tour!  and bring me some burritos in New England
    akritenbrinkTravisFrakkin T
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 9
    You should call it the Cincirrito Meetoh.
    JoshuaHeterTheEconomistMurderbearVasilnate1A_Ron_HubbardNikki
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    World tour.
    Although I have no idea what Chiptole is/ are which may indicate they is/ are US only.
    Franchise idea!
    cdrivejazzminawaKela15
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    We have Chipotles in Houston. Also Joystix "Barcade".

Just sayin'.
    Vasilnate1
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I support the future of self driving cars.
    Frakkin TTheEconomistVasilnate1A_Ron_HubbardcdriveDummyFlashGordonrobotkFreddyNoeland 1 other.
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    I'm a friend of Jim but I prefer A Ron.
    MurderbearA_Ron_HubbardTaraC73DummyjazzminawarobotkNoelDStar
  • ceburaska said:

World tour.
    Although I have no idea what Chiptole is/ are which may indicate they is/ are US only.
    Franchise idea!

We have a couple in the UK but only in London.
    ceburaska
  • sbench2sbench2 Ontario
    Thinking about driving in from Ontario Canada for this. Looking for suggestions on how to spend a Saturday night in Cincinnati.
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    sbench2 said:

Thinking about driving in from Ontario Canada for this. Looking for suggestions on how to spend a Saturday night in Cincinnati.

Depends on what you want to do. You can check this site out for suggestions. http://calendar.cincinnati.com/?pageIndex=1&startDate=2017-03-18&endDate=2017-03-19
  • podcartfanpodcartfan Cincinnati
    sbench2 said:

I'd just stay in OTR and bar hop. Plenty of places to eat and drink.

FreddyMurderbear
  • sbench2sbench2 Ontario
    Thanks for the help guys. I found a cool looking bed and breakfast in OTR, I'm just waiting to hear back from them with more info on the room. It looks like there's a lot of good places to eat in that area. Does anyone know if OTR is lively year round, or will it be quiet due to the winter weather?
    @sbench2 depends on the weather but should be lively since it's st paddy's weekend.
    Nikki
  • pictures, or it didn't happen
    Tom_AMichelleTravisanubus21Melonusk
  • Tom_ATom_A Carcosa
    edited March 13
    yeah, unless theres pictures i'm fully convinced Jim will be eating all 25 burritos while Aron watches
    MichelleMelonusk
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 16
    And furiously masturbates.
    TravisGredalBeeMelonusk
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @sbench2 I don't know what kind of music you are into but The Perfect Children are playing at MOTR and they are always great. Rock and Roll with a badass female lead singer. Good stuff and MOTR is a great bar.
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    @LizzieabcdefG ok they do indeed. I've tried Lupita which has a couple of restaurants in London, and was recommended by actual Mexicans. But I might put @Jim 's tastebuds to the test and try Chipotle. No pressure.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    sbench2 said:

Wow, that's really cool!  OTR is the happening place, and it connects via cable car to a lot of the other interesting places in Cincinnati, which I think is $2/day for rides.  The weather doesn't look too bad for this weekend, maybe some rain but in the high 40's to mid 50's, pretty seasonable.
  • NikkiNikki Ann Arbor
    Are you going to have any merch with you? It might be a good time to unload some shirts! I'd probably buy one if they're there.
    DStar
    Probably not, but we do have some Jon Snow shirts and Rocket Con shirts on hand if you're really interested.  We have good stock in just about any size.
    Murderbear
    edited March 16
    @A_Ron_Hubbard How are the shirts length-wise? I realize that might be a hard question to answer but I'm tempted to ask if you could bring a 2xl House Snow shirt if you have one but most times I either need a 3x or, ideally, a 2xlt. I'm 6'5" and definitely not a small guy but I need more length in my shirts than I do width.
    You can try one on.  We might have an XXXL.  I'll have to look.
    Murderbear
    I'm sure it will be fine. If you bring the biggest shirt you've got, I'll buy it! Ha Thank you!
    Nikki
  • NickFFXNickFFX Louisville, KY

I'm seriously considering driving up for this. It's only about 2 hours from Louisville. Any estimate on how many people might make it?

Murderbear
    I hope enough people show up so that they are encouraged to do this again!
    FernNYC17DummyDani_ArmindoMichelle
  • Super excited for the Burrit-up! My husband and are coming despite the fact that he barely knows what a podcast is. I will apologize in advance for being hungover because Friday + St. Paddy's + UK vs. NKU = probably a little less sprightly than normal on Saturday.
    MurderbearDummy
  • podcartfanpodcartfan Cincinnati
    NickFFX said:

I'm seriously considering driving up for this. It's only about 2 hours from Louisville. Any estimate on how many people might make it?

You should definitely come. If no one else shows up that means more burritos for you. Plus you can talk to the guys more...but mainly the burrito thing.

Murderbear
    I was able to secure a sitter for the baby so my husband and I will be attending with a couple of our friends. I'm excited to have my first alcoholic beverage in months!
    DummyMurderbearvoodooratMichelle
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    MurderbearMichelle
  • I wish I could come :( eat lots of burritos everyone. 

I know I'm new, but come to the Mid-Atlantic please!
    Murderbearphoenyx1023