ok seriously, wtf is wrong with my sister ?

So my sister lives with her fiance and my niece and nephew (their daughter and son) they currently owe 2 thousand in rent and either then pay it in the next month or they are out (they don't live with myself and my mum and dad). Here's where the confusing stuff comes in, they will not stop spending money. In the last 6-8 months they have gone on a holiday, got 2 bikes for my niece and nephew 1 each, gone the cinema at least once a month if not twice, stayed in a hotel twice gone to a football match, and got a shit ton of stuff for Christmas for eacjother, and I really mean a shit ton. And my sister wants a 10 thousand pound wedding. Seriously wtf is going on !? Am I missing something?! Why are they not being as responsible as they should be with 2 kids ? AND with the same Christmas I just mentioned (the one just gone) hey asked my mum and dad for £30 for Christmas for food ect! That's the price of just one of the new games they got for the pkaystation 4. Sorry to rant but who whole thing is just baffling to me and I'm sorry but I know they are family but every time my sister calls my mum to complain about money I have zero sympathy for her. And it's not a case of me keeping an eye on her as she's been showing off what she has been buying ect on Facebook. If you read this far then thank you lol

Comments

• Just thought I'd add that their rent is £600 a month
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    To be honest, you can't control other people's actions so unless she is hitting you up for money, I'd say don't worry about it - it's not your problem.

If she IS hitting you up for money, I'd say refuse politely and then keep out of it. No good can come from getting involved in other people's money problems.
  • Dee said:

To be honest, you can't control other people's actions so unless she is hitting you up for money, I'd say don't worry about it - it's not your problem.

If she IS hitting you up for money, I'd say refuse politely and then keep out of it. No good can come from getting involved in other people's money problems.

I full agree and I'm not getting involved
    DeejazzminawaMichelle
  • I agree that it sounds like your sister and her family are not being the most financially responsible people.  Unfortunately, some people are like that.  They'll claim that they're broke and can't pay their rent but find a way to have the money for a brand new purchase that in reality they probably didn't need.  But it sounds like your parents need to take a harder stance if she's asking them for money (or if they care).  Although, it could be tough to deny when there are small children involved as well.  The bottom line, some people just refuse to be financially responsible and it sucks for the people that are.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Yup. Some people just don't know how to do right by their family, and other take up the slack (especially when kids are involved) you're wise to not get involved. They will never change.
  • Are they spending on credit and have no cash flow or are they actually blowing through cash they need for rent?