Podcasts question

JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
Hey guys, I'm a long time listener of your podcasts, but I've never posted on here before. I have a question. . . .
Seeing as how I am an Android user and not an Apple fan, I do all of my listening through the Stitcher radio app while I'm driving. Is there a way to add all of the BaldMove podcasts to my favorites without searching for each show individually? And also, there seem to be some BaldMove casts that I can't find at all on Stitcher, for instance Better Cast Saul.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
-JT

Comments

• hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited February 2015
    @Jeramiah this should do the trick: http://baldmove.com/feed/
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    @hypergenesb

Do you have to be a confirmed subscriber to use the ad-free feed, or do you just need that URL? Because you might be giving paywalled info out to non-subscribers.
  • @WarpFox Podcatcher apps usually require username and password to access that feed. But to be safe, I'll remove it.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    @Jeremiah you can mark favorites in stitcher and get all the feeds
  • AlexAlex Seattle
    edited February 2015
    The Player FM app stopped updating all feeds when baldmove started having technical issues. Anyone know what apps are updating on android?

*edit: just got podcatcher on my phone. Seems to have everything.
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    Ok, I just downloaded PocketCasts to use instead of Stitcher. So far I'm really liking it, and I have found all of the BaldMove podcasts that I couldn't find all of before. 

Not sure though if there is a way to use it as a paid subscriber to BaldMove though. Any ideas?
  • handythinkshandythinks Fort Worth, TX
    Downcast allows for password protected feeds.
  • @Jeramiah Do you mean with the current Baldmove VIP Ad-free feed?

If so it is the same as adding a non indexed RSS feed to Pocketcasts, you just go to the search field and enter the URL in and it will come up as a Podcast. =)
  • Mike SnowMike Snow Portland, ME
    Podcast Addict in Android has a user friendly way of saving favorites by only having to search once. I don't think it has password-protected feeds though, so I may look into that.
  • Does anyone know if I can access password protected feeds in Instacast?
  • Anyone use Overcast on iOS to listen to the Ad-Free podcasts? Having a hard time getting subscribed. I was able to for a few feed do the following:

1) Open the feed url in Safari and enter the password
    2) Add the feed url to Overcast

Now when I try to add the FTWD feed for example, I get an error that there was no podcast feed found at the url.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    @duncan, it's kind of a crap shoot.  The URL method works 90% of the time for podcatchers that don't support authentication, but some of the wonky ones just don't work period.
  • FYI another good option is Beyondpod; I've been using it for years with Android and it's definitely my favorite podcast app for that platform. I can confirm it works w/ the master Baldmove ad-free feed (with authentication). It has maybe more options for customization for others, but perhaps at the sacrifice of a cleaner UI. Depends what your needs are.
  • I did not want to start a new thread for this, so posting it here:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim Now that The Leftovers and TWD are over, AHS and Fargo almost over, what are some upcoming podcasts in the near future? Just Bald Movies? Not sure when any other shows you cover are coming back. I'm so used to listening to you guys every week, not sure what I'll do without it, lol.
    ElisaTravis
  • Maybe The 366 Days of Christmas.

You're gonna need a bigger tree.
    TravisMichelle
  • We're probaby going to cover Westworld just because it looks cool but it depends on when it premieres.  We'll also likely be doing some gaming stuff, commissioned podcasts and yeah, some movie stuff.
    ReniTravisElisa
  • That show looks really great, I'm looking forward to it! Are you doing a podcast on the movie, since that's what it's based on?
  • Maybe?  The only discussion we've had is: A.Ron - "Hey, do you want to cover Westworld?", me - "sure".  We're waiting for a release date to talk about whether we can actually cover it and what our coverage will look like.
    Reni
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    BTW, I found this cool mini-tutorial for getting authenticed feeds working for a great deal of podcast apps.  http://alexanderthegreat.life/podcast-app-instructions/

I'd like to rework that into our accounts page to help people out in someway.
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    You could always cover The Americans, again ;-/ Phillip wasn't a paedophile.
    Elisa
This discussion has been closed.