Who Won the Week - Podcalypse

I thought it might be fun to discuss globally about which show we think "won" the week, now that we are entering the pod-calypse. For anyone that's been living under a Bald Move / TV rock, Better Call Saul, The Leftovers and Fargo are all starting these days. And it's awesome. For my money I have the feeling The Leftovers will win every week.

And obviously other pretty good shows (a new intriguing one too) are starting this month or soon, so they can be integrated into the discussion. Not sure if anyone is interested in the concept but I suppose that's my way of saying that I'm looking forward to this week. :)
Cory121MykInABetterPlace

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited April 17
    I'm very interested in discussing who won the week. This will be our first week then? Week One: Leftover 301 ("The Book of Kevin)  vs Better Call Saul 302 ("Witness") vs Fargo 301 ("The Law of Vacant Places").

I think we should also limit the discussion to the particular week and not discuss speculation. But that is me being anal. 
    Melonusk121MykInABetterPlace
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    In fall of 2015 when S2 of both The Leftovers and Fargo were airing I found myself looking forward to which show had the better episode that week, so I'm interested (even if I don't have much to contribute).
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
  • Pretty sure nothing is going to top The Leftovers! Who is Sara, and why does she look like homely Nora? Is Kevin Jesus? Is Evie alive? Holy shite, I don't want this show to end!
    Melonusk
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I feel like every week my answer will be Carrie Coon. So pumped we get a double dose of her with Fargo and the Leftovers!
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Dang, you beat me to it! I had the idea of maybe posting a Strawpoll every week to see which show people were enjoying more.
    "Yeah, well, you know that's just like, your opinion, man."
  • edited April 17
    wrong tread oops
  • Also where is the fargo s3 preview cast ?
  • MelonuskMelonusk Ireland
    @Graham Exactly what I wanted to go too! I'm wondering if we could do some sort of poll of if it's technically to difficult to setup on the forum... ( @Jim ?)

I'll wait for the other shows but Leftovers started strong. Kind of blew my mind at the end and very good episode throughout.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    What if we did this as a Bald Move TV segment or LWJ&A?  Because if you're primarily a Fargo fan, it just irritates you if The Leftovers or BCS wins.  Whereas on BMTV or LWJ&A, people are more intrigued with BM as a concept and can more appreciate the nuance and competition between the shows.  
    iMatty94CoryDummyVasilnate1MelonuskSomeBiscuitUnderwoodTxSandManhisdudeness915and 5 others.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    I lost the week because I don't watch any of those shows! LOL! But it would still be interesting to hear about on Lunch or something.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• Leftovers so far - Let's see how Fargo does
    So what? No f*kin ziti now?
    Agreed. And Fargo usually starts with a bang, so we'll see...
  • I lost the week because I don't watch any of those shows! LOL! But it would still be interesting to hear about on Lunch or something.

Ha! This is me. I usually don't even watch Better Call Saul until it's on Netflix. But I'd listen to the guys talk about literally anything at this point lol
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited April 20
    The Leftovers, hands down for me. Audacious, confident, emotional, hilarious -- The Leftovers hilarious? That's crazy. BCS was good but clunky in parts, and Fargo was okay but did not meet my expectations. Carrie Coon was the best part of it, but that's to be expected. 
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    My two cents.

1. The Leftovers

2. Fargo

3. Better Call Saul
    121MykInABetterPlaceMelonusk
    "The mouse lady had kind eyes"
  • I don't fancy Fargo or Better Call Saul's chances over the next eight weeks, due to The Leftovers' habit of putting every other show on TV to shame. Let's try doing a ranking though:

Week 1 (Leftovers 3.01, Saul 3.02, Fargo 3.01)

1. The Leftovers: One of the all time greats - the premiere was everything I was hoping for from it and more.
    2. Better Call Saul: BCS continues to do what it does really really well, final scene especially was excellent.
    3. Fargo: Very solid and intriguing episode, but the weakest of the three Fargo premieres so far - hopeful it'll pick up in the weeks ahead.
    I said, "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap. And I do not say that lightly."
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    1. Fargo
    2. Better Call Saul
    3. The Leftovers (I know I'm the only one who thinks it's a pretentious snore fest but I watched this first episode back and sorry, still a pretentious snore fest.)
  • 1. Better call Saul
    2. The leftovers
    3. Fargo
    I just loved what better call Saul did, fargo is off to a very fresh get to know it start. And leftovers was awesome too
  • edited April 21
    Underwood said:

My two cents.

1. The Leftovers

2. Fargo

3. Better Call Saul

I could be persuaded that Mike's MacGyvering and closing on tailnights in the dark was pretty strong.
    I could also be convinced that Carrie Coons is in two of them; and BCS, despite all forthcoming evidence. will be in third for every week of the podcast royale 2017!
    Underwood
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    For me -- it's even (between Leftovers and BCS).

I loved the production of BCS, but they broke their compass with the pacing.

Leftovers gets a Lost-sized head shake for the time jump and over-anxiousness trying to reset the timeline... Really fearful this season gets told in flashback. But if it doesn't then WTF happened??

Seems like a no-win bad decision, but that cold open was so good I forgive them. Dead heat for me.

• AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    edited April 21
    Also!! Holy shit this is constantly on my mind -- I watch the Leftovers knowing there is a biblical reference being made that I am simply not in on. It makes it less enjoyable.

I feel like I should just listen to the podcast before watching the show.

I also would like to point out that Aaron steadfastly maintains he is impervious to the stains of being spoiled... EXCEPT for this show! Everyone has a price.
  • Underwood said:

My two cents.

1. The Leftovers

2. Fargo

3. Better Call Saul

Same as the post above.
    Underwood
    Same order for me
    1. Leftovers
    2. Fargo
    3. Better Call Saul