TWD "Them" Spoiler section: Kirkman spoiler

I officially quit TWD after the midseason premier but I plan to keep listening to the Bald Move recaps. I figure if the Baldies say an episode is actually good then I can go back and watch it. The Kirkman comic spoiler you dropped really confirmed that I made the right decision to finally quit the show. What a disrespectful ass. If he doesnt take his own material or his fans seriously then why should I hang on and continue to give his shitty show so many second chances? There is just too much other good tv out there. I understand that TWD must be the biggest driver for listeners for the Bald Move podcast network and that it just makes good business sense for yall to keep casting it. I am grateful though that TWD brings in enough traffic to afford you guys the opportunity to podcast excellent lower ratings shows like Boardwalk, Mad Men, and The Americans. Its just too bad that great shows like those get such low ratings while TWD breaks all the records.

Comments

• @steph_b I feel your frustrations.  For me the second half of the season has been less than desirable but yet I can still hold out hope for it.  With the introduction of Aaron, which should bring with him a new community things should start to pick up.  

As for Kirkman  there was also that last novel that I thought I was purchasing it in its entirety and was surprised to find afterwords it would be released in two part and I would need to purchase the second at an additional price.  Needless to say I was not to pleased and have yet to give them any more of my money on that.

If you are a comic reader and happen to read Letters to the Hacks what Kirkman has done with the "Spoiler" was to be expected. I could only imagine he felt he was divulging nothing that had not been outed and was common knowledge due to social media. Besides the show has taken on a direction of its own and characters storylines have been changed and may I add in my opinion with some characters not for the best.

I also find it interesting that to this point the spin off pilot has been completed but AMC as of yet has not picked it up.  With what I can deduce in prior season the lack of quality in episodes was tied to a lack of budget I find it had to believe that they would decide to spend more money elsewhere and feared TWD would suffer even more.  With Breaking Bad the decision for a spin off came with the ending of the original show.

There are plenty of good shows out right now and AMC is loosing a lot or their programs due to final runs.  Also I see several comments that the worst of TWD is better than 95% of current programing out there but that would be no excuse for me to not want more and expect much better from it.  It would appear that even when its bad it is still good and that is not the case and eventually will not be an excuse to continue with TWD.  By no means am I saying TWD in its entirety is bad but I refuse to give it a pass when I beleive they have lost direction in this second half of the season.

As for content there are a lot of shows that Bald Move has and can podcast on as I do enjoy their coverage.           
  • I think my problem with TWD boils down to the "rule of cool" that A.Ron talks about alot. I hopped on TWD at the beginning of season 2 after marathoning season 1. At the time I first discovered it I asked the same question many people asked: "how long can a show about zombies be interesting?" I think for me it has finally run its course. The novelty is worn off - the zombies no longer add additional interest and the drama just isnt compelling enough to hold me in. Its just not cool enough for me to forgive the stuff I dont like. I like prestige tv. I can do mediocre if its cool enough to hold me. TWD has lost its cool factor and its just not well made enough to keep me interested. 
  • John_Nada said:

If you are a comic reader and happen to read Letters to the Hacks what Kirkman has done with the "Spoiler" was to be expected. I could only imagine he felt he was divulging nothing that had not been outed and was common knowledge due to social media. Besides the show has taken on a direction of its own and characters storylines have been changed and may I add in my opinion with some characters not for the best.

I usually don't read the letters section of the comic. What did Kirkman say about that spoiler?

• AntManBee said:

John_Nada said:

I usually don't read the letters section of the comic. What did Kirkman say about that spoiler?

Sorry nothing about the spoiler what I was trying to convey his general attitude about the reader.  Kirkman can be a smart ass at times and seem somewhat insensitive so that being said it doesn't surprise me what he did.  Also Kirkman is the King of disinformation.  I do not even pay attention to what he says anymore when it comes to things"down the road".  If anything is said specifically @AntManBee I will let you know.  Maybe I should try writing in and see if they will answer?  It is a long shot.      
  • @John_Nada Okay gotcha. I should be readings the letters anyway. I do find the fiesty responses pretty amusing.
  • @AntManBee you should read the ones on the character Jesus in regards to his sexual preference if you have them. Quite interesting.  I was impressed actually how Kirkman handled himself and the readers.  
  • The thing about the letter hacks is that its douchey responses to specific douchey letters. Appearances on tv reflect a disrespect to the audience broadly. But that's just one gal's opinion. 
  • @steph_b point taken and a good one at that. Thank you!