420 BLAZE IT!!!

edited April 20 in General
that is all.

Frakkin Tpavlovsbellaberry89jazzminawaGeorge

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    darwinfeeshygguenotpavlovsbellMurderbearTaraC73Michelle

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I would if they didn't hang people in Singapore for having more than 500 grams. Smoke one for me. Enjoy...
    Vasilnate1pavlovsbellTaraC73Michellecdrivejazzminawadarwinfeeshy
    No Half Measures....
  • Hatorian said:

I would if they didn't hang people in Singapore for having more than 500 grams. Smoke one for me. Enjoy...

Can't you just like... not have so much weed at once? lol
    Jovial_FalconHatorianpavlovsbellTaraC73MichelledarwinfeeshyChiefPizzaGeorge
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    gguenot said:

Hatorian said:

Haha. Say what you want about capital punishment for drug Offences. But it definitely works and deters. You can definitely find it if you tried but it's not worth the risk.

Lesser amounts of marijuna get jail time and caned. Have you seen someone get caned? If you did you wouldn't smoke in Singapore.
    TaraC73Michelledarwinfeeshy
    No Half Measures....
  • Hatorian said:

gguenot said:

Hatorian said:

Haha. Say what you want about capital punishment for drug Offences. But it definitely works and deters. You can definitely find it if you tried but it's not worth the risk.

Lesser amounts of marijuna get jail time and caned. Have you seen someone get caned? If you did you wouldn't smoke in Singapore.
    Some people consider it a fetish ;) nah, but that's really gnarly.
    Hatorian
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Hatorian said:

Way to harsh everyone's mellow dude LOL JK

On the other hand, weed is totally legal in WA state and so far we have no signs of the reefer madness.
    HatorianTaraC73MichelleChiefPizza
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    Hatorian said:

Yeah, typically when your holding more than a pound, your a dealer. @$6,000 street value ;-)
    cdrive
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    @Hatorian
    I listened to a podcast from Vox recently about how Republicans love the Singapore health care system despite not actually understanding how it works.
    Also if Canada legalizes Weed nationally before Georgia even legalizes it medicinally I'm going to be upset.
    ChiefPizzaGeorge
  • Alkaid13 said:

Also if Canada legalizes Weed nationally before Georgia even legalizes it medicinally I'm going to be upset.

prepare to get upset.  although didn't ga sort of legalize medicinal oil or something?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited April 20
    Living in Humboldt County, I feel it my civic duty to wish everyone a happy 4/20.
    I don't smoke it, but I'm also not one to look down on anyone who does.  Smoke up and enjoy your day.  :)
    darwinfeeshy
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • I live in Washington. I have never used Marijuana, but it doesn't bother me if other people do.

People use it regardless, let's get the taxes!!

On the caning situation, I remember when an American kid got canes for graffiti, I was horrified.
    akritenbrinkHatoriandarwinfeeshy
  • Whys my dad an octopus? I never noticed that before. 
    akritenbrinkcdriveFrakkin TMichelledarwinfeeshyTaraC73

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

gjulleen said:

I live in Washington. I have never used Marijuana, but it doesn't bother me if other people do.

People use it regardless, let's get the taxes!!

On the caning situation, I remember when an American kid got canes for graffiti, I was horrified.

Yeah, I am not into weed, I have tried it a couple of times and didn't care for it. But I did vote for legalization because no way is it something I think law enforcement should be spending any time on, and I don't think it's any more dangerous than alcohol, which is legal. Maybe less dangerous since it doesn't usually make people aggressive. 

Also, my husband does buy it and he pointed out it is nicer to go to a store and do a simple transaction than to go to some dealer's house and have to be around whatever shady people might be there, or like when your dealer is also your buddy and he wants to hang out but you just want to go home lol. 

I looked up the tax revenue and it's bringing in millions of dollars. I'm not sure if I am reading the report I saw correctly so I don't know if it is millions of dollars a month or a year but either way it's a win-win.
    darwinfeeshy

Angie Kritenbrink

• cdrivecdrive Screwston, TX

Hatorian said:

Yeah, typically when your holding more than a pound, your a dealer. @$6,000 street value ;-)
    Lol correct. That's a shit ton of weed. 4 QPs, 16 Ozzy Ozbornes.
    Vasilnate1darwinfeeshyChiefPizza
  • I had to comment on this thread just because of the title. Passed out some canna-mels today! I may or may not be the former gf of a purveyor of fine cannabis products, and may or may not have some pretty wild stories. 
    Vasilnate1Frakkin TcdrivedarwinfeeshyMichelleTravis
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    Please regale us @jazzminawa -- with the exception of @Travis this discussion is way too down-to-earth
    darwinfeeshyTravisTaraC73ChiefPizza

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• I had to comment on this thread just because of the title. Passed out some canna-mels today! I may or may not be the former gf of a purveyor of fine cannabis products, and may or may not have some pretty wild stories. 

I may or may not be interested in hearing some stories

Frakkin TTravisTaraC73ChiefPizza
    I'm always down for stories.

Angie Kritenbrink

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited April 21

Hatorian said:

Way to harsh everyone's mellow dude LOL JK

On the other hand, weed is totally legal in WA state and so far we have no signs of the reefer madness.
    Other then the massive increase in Marijuana related fatal accidents, and break ins and thefts from marijuana retailers.

i think it's funny that all the real far leftists in Seattle, Ed Murray and Co tried to keep any legal marijuana out of the city whereas here in Mason County (considerably more conservative) I have like four shops less then 10 minutes from me.

The tax issue also bugs me, because the majority of tax money for MJ goes right into programs telling people not to use MJ, just like Tobacco taxes are too high and go to smoking cecessation programs, I don't know why one would do that, just pick a nice low number for taxing, general fund the money and let people do what they want.

Washington is hardly a success example.

edited April 21
    What? There are marijuana shops all over Seattle proper (where I work and lived up until last summer) as well as the north-of-Seattle suburbs (where I live now). Long before it was legal, they had made it the "lowest law enforcement priority" and you would see people openly smoking it in public. People who have lived here for decades say that's always been the case even before they passed the "lowest law enforcement priority" ordinance. There is even a Hemp Fest every year and one year the cops showed up with Doritos to pass out. It was never hard to get before and just about everyone had a couple of friends who dealt as just a normal side hustle. Marijuana is definitely not an issue in Seattle!

And I would love to see your statistics on this massive increase in fatal accidents. Kind of sounds like fake news to me. 

The only movement I knew about to close shops was when the recreational law was passed, a lot of the medical shops closed because the recreational law rolls the medical customers in and just doesn't charge them taxes. The medical market was an unregulated gray market and the shops were sometimes fronts for a lot of other shady shit. 
    ChiefPizza

Angie Kritenbrink

What? There are marijuana shops all over Seattle proper (where I work and lived up until last summer) as well as the north-of-Seattle suburbs (where I live now). Long before it was legal, they had made it the "lowest law enforcement priority" and you would see people openly smoking it in public. People who have lived here for decades say that's always been the case even before they passed the "lowest law enforcement priority" ordinance. There is even a Hemp Fest every year and one year the cops showed up with Doritos to pass out. It was never hard to get before and just about everyone had a couple of friends who dealt as just a normal side hustle. Marijuana is definitely not an issue in Seattle!

And I would love to see your statistics on this massive increase in fatal accidents. Kind of sounds like fake news to me. 

The only movement I knew about to close shops was when the recreational law was passed, a lot of the medical shops closed because the recreational law rolls the medical customers in and just doesn't charge them taxes. The medical market was an unregulated gray market and the shops were sometimes fronts for a lot of other shady shit. 
    http://www.today.com/health/driving-while-high-marijuana-causing-spike-fatal-accidents-t91746

Almost double actually. 

You might not have been an NPR listener in 2013, but I remember that being a big deal, the Seattle City council was going to make zoning regulation that were impossible to comply with to prevent marijuana shops from opening in the city. they eventually backed down, but it was about the same time the Seattle city government wanted to ban hookah bars. 

The way I remember that story was that there were going to be marijuana zoning restrictions that would create a few limited pockets around the city which would be the only place you could get pot, which eventually loosened up. But the way it turned out is there are basically pockets around the city where you can get pot, lol. Namely, in the north end anyway, Lake City Way, 99,  etc. There are pot shops elsewhere but they tend to congregate on those strips for whatever reason.

I mean there was no way the city was going to get in between Seattleites and their pot. If I remember correctly, there were some bumpy moments at first because shops and distributors had to get licensing, so I think on the first day it was legal there was only one shop open in Seattle. But there are a ton now.

According to the article you posted, there were 45 more people with reefer madness than we had before. So that's 45 more people who died and that's terrible but hardly a statistic that stands out in a state of millions of people. 

Angie Kritenbrink

Here's an article from High Times that claims that the statistic jumped because of a wider net being cast as well. I don't have time to verify this right now with a neutral source, but it's interesting to read.

Angie Kritenbrink

edited April 21

The way I remember that story was that there were going to be marijuana zoning restrictions that would create a few limited pockets around the city which would be the only place you could get pot, which eventually loosened up. But the way it turned out is there are basically pockets around the city where you can get pot, lol. Namely, in the north end anyway, Lake City Way, 99,  etc. There are pot shops elsewhere but they tend to congregate on those strips for whatever reason.

I mean there was no way the city was going to get in between Seattleites and their pot. If I remember correctly, there were some bumpy moments at first because shops and distributors had to get licensing, so I think on the first day it was legal there was only one shop open in Seattle. But there are a ton now.

According to the article you posted, there were 45 more people with reefer madness than we had before. So that's 45 more people who died and that's terrible but hardly a statistic that stands out in a state of millions of people. 
    Well I guess it depends on how relative you want to be, the federal government banned lawn dart sets because of one death. like 9 deaths was reason to step in and ban side drop cribs, so is 45 few enough? 

I would've preferred the state simply decriminalize possession. instead of course they wanted cash, that's only being funneled back in to tell people not to use marijuana. instead of basic education, or law enforcement or social programs, it's send only to marijuana related programs, that wouldn't exist if it weren't legal. it's a very strange system. 

I mean certainly people will do stupid things with marijuana like smoke and drive but the same can be said of alcohol and tobacco, I've little doubt that the number of DUI related deaths would dramatically decrease under prohibition, I think the one argument I've heard from tough anti-drug persons is that the US government has a poor track record with regulating legalized drugs just based on the history of tobacco regulation or the current opioid epidemic so sure the Federal government will probably not handle regulating legalized marijuana in as safe a manner as possible, but for certain the downsides of legalized marijuana far outweighs the upsides not sending hundreds of thousands of (usually minority) people to jail for ridiculous sentences just for smoking pot.

Also it definitely has some medicinal properties for certain and could probably work better for pain control than opiates with less risk of addiction so that's a big step to overcoming the opioid epidemic. As for the profiteering off of legalized weed, well yeah capitalism can be real gross, see private prisons, if there's money to made people will make it fuck the consequences.

Granted if Jeff Sessions has anything to say everyone who ever even looked at joint will go away for a long time so I don't expect much progress on that front.
    Alkaid13 said:

I mean certainly people will do stupid things with marijuana like smoke and drive but the same can be said of alcohol and tobacco, I've little doubt that the number of DUI related deaths would dramatically decrease under prohibition, I think the one argument I've heard from tough anti-drug persons is that the US government has a poor track record with regulating legalized drugs just based on the history of tobacco regulation or the current opioid epidemic so sure the Federal government will probably not handle regulating legalized marijuana in as safe a manner as possible, but for certain the downsides of legalized marijuana far outweighs the upsides not sending hundreds of thousands of (usually minority) people to jail for ridiculous sentences just for smoking pot.

Also it definitely has some medicinal properties for certain and could probably work better for pain control than opiates with less risk of addiction so that's a big step to overcoming the opioid epidemic. As for the profiteering off of legalized weed, well yeah capitalism can be real gross, see private prisons, if there's money to made people will make it fuck the consequences.

Granted if Jeff Sessions has anything to say everyone who ever even looked at joint will go away for a long time so I don't expect much progress on that front.

Virtually no one spends prison time over pot possession. large numbers of those cases are people who were originally charged for something else, like a good example, if the cops get called to a domestic violence call at a house, and while in the house they find drugs, the drugs get added to the charges and then if the wife recants or won't testify husband can stay in jail on drug charges. or if you stop somebody on parole and they have drugs that's good evidence they're not obeying conditions and probably back to crime. it's a useful tool for prosecutors, Do I agree with this, not really but the fact is most drug possession charges are usually not people doing everything else right except for illegally possessing a drug, because in cases that are simple possession most officers don't even want to spend the time to do the paperwork on an arrest. 

private prisons are responsible for a minority of incacerated people. a tiny minority really, and I don't think of the private prison industry as being politically powerful enough to truly influence legislation for their profits. the tough on drugs stance came in the 1970s following huge waves of drug related crime, and increased after the crack wars in the 1980s. 

like I once read an article blaming private prisons and "ALEC" and "the Koch brothers" for passing three strikes laws, well no the first three strike law was in my humble state of abode of Washington, we passed the law at the ballot as an initiative. in exactly the same we we legalized marijuana and gay marriage. people look for complex answers when the simple one is right at hand. I don't think the private prison industry had to do with Bernie Geotz or the start of Crack wars or the opiod wave in the 70s or what have you. 

Jeff Sessions doesn't like Marijuana, but he's also a lawyer, who's worked as a prosecutor free for the most part of scandal and corruption. there were some claims (now largely discredited) about him being a klan sympathizer. 

but he's in favor of the law, he believes in enforcing what the law is, and congress has not repealed the CSA and the DEA has no rescheduled marijuana. regardless of one's opinion that is in fact federal law. and I would expect any federal prosecutor to properly enforce federal law, only a crooked prosecutor puts their judgement out to bend the law to their beliefs 
    edited April 21
    Agree to disagree vis a vis weed, but you won't convince me Jeff Sessions isn't a fuckwit. If Corretta Scott King calls you out you're probably an asshole. Nothing the man has said or done since his appointment dissuades me of this view either.
    phoenyx1023ChiefPizza
    edited April 21
    Alkaid13 said:

Agree to disagree vis a vis weed, but you won't convince me Jeff Sessions isn't a fuckwit. If Corretta Scott King calls you out you're probably an asshole. Nothing the man has said or done since his appointment dissuades me of this view either.

Coretta Scott King's letter was related to a case in which a personal friend of hers was prosecuted, the people Sessions prosecuted were alleged to have been opening sealed ballots of absenteee voters and changing their votes. they claim they were assisting people to vote.

"he brought charges against my personal friend" is not really a compelling argument, given the nature of the allegations the case deserved to be heard before a jury. the jury rendered an acquittal. justice was served. I don't see that as a mark against sessions. No one who has served as a trial advocate or in a prosecutor's office has had zero lost cases or made the wrong call at some point, but the idea that was a targetted attack against civil rights workers is without merit. 

Objectively his career as Alabama AG and as a US Senator has been without reproach. Donald Trump was not going to pick a liberal to be his AG. to expect him to have done that is not reasonable. You appear to dislike him because he's more conservative then you, but not's not the way you rate a prosecutor and a law enforcement official. 
    Alright well, I'm jumping off this train.

ChiefPizza

Angie Kritenbrink