Season 2/3 general question

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
Ok, I have season 2 saved on the dvr still... is it necessary viewing to understand season 3? I remember reason season 2 could be watched without season 1... TIA!
Don't tell me what I can't do!

Comments

• No, each season of Fargo is self contained (light connections, but not needed connections).
  • Not at all necessary.  However in my opinion - and I'm in a clear minority here - Season 2 is not only better than Season 1, but one of the best seasons of any show, ever.  Again, I'm very well aware that I'm in a very small minority :)
    DeeTaraC73
  • edited April 23
    I would say the Cohn brothers movies are closer to required viewing than the tv show
    TaraC73KingKobra
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited April 23

Not at all necessary.  However in my opinion - and I'm in a clear minority here - Season 2 is not only better than Season 1, but one of the best seasons of any show, ever.  Again, I'm very well aware that I'm in a very small minority :)

Not at all necessary.  However in my opinion - and I'm in a clear minority here - Season 2 is not only better than Season 1, but one of the best seasons of any show, ever.  Again, I'm very well aware that I'm in a very small minority :)

I agree. Lorne Malvo actually ruined season 1 for me, by the time he was killing whole office buildings full of armed monsters I called BS. The fishnado didn't bother me, the Lornekillsanofficebuildingfullofmobstersnado did.

Season 2 was better IMO

Also the other thing was, I liked the period piece in 1979 better because it was closer to the original Fargo set in 1987

DeeTaraC73
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Not needed but I'd highly recommend it because it's just fantastic television.
    I thought season 2 was better than season 1 and I thought season 1 was amazing.
    DeeTaraC73

• Maybe I'm less alone than I thought!

I had no issue with season 1 (a certain level of disbelief is needed when watching anything Coeh brothers!) but just thought that season 2 had more depth to it.  I love quality writing, and the way season 2's story was layered, the literary allusions,  the structure, the framing, the themes etc were all amazingly well done.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I loved S1, but I think I'm in the "S2 was better" camp.
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited April 24
    Thanks everyone!!

I absolutely plan to watch s2!! But I wanted to watch this one "in real time" with the casts and everything and have s2 for summer viewing when there are no new shows for me :0)
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    It would be like watching the show Fargo without watching the movie Fargo. Can you do it, yes. Will your enjoyment lessen by like 30% - probably. 

Thing is, it's hard to say if you need to have watched season 1 and 2, because we don't know what will happen in 3 yet. This show is an "anthology" but ONLY just. It's the general area, a lot of the same people are involved, and there is an overarching theme to this entire series for sure. They are only 10 ep. You can get through them in like a week, then catch up with us!
    TaraC73
    “No time to squabble Troy, for Greendale on THREE! One, two- Jeff, every second counts. For Greendale on TWO! One-"
    Hmmm.... maybe you've got a point @aberry89. I'll try and make Fargo s2 my viewing priority this week. :)
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    You wont regret it, it's some of the best TV you will ever watch. @TaraC73 
    TaraC73
    “No time to squabble Troy, for Greendale on THREE! One, two- Jeff, every second counts. For Greendale on TWO! One-"
    I've seen split down the middle reviews on that, @aberry89 but I'm going to give it a go!